No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.05 - Simon Said

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dannyblue1
    There's been some speculation that the demon didn't kill Anson's (or Evil Twin's) mother because it knew she wasn't the loving, nurturing type. Maybe she was even abusive. So leaving her alive wouldn't do Anson much good. Maybe she would even help push him over the edge. Even if she wasn't abusive, she certainly didn't keep Anson from going psycho.

On the other hand, maybe the demon knew that Sam, Rosy, Max and Andy had loving, caring mothers. By trying to get rid of them, the demon was not only depriving the kids of the love of a nurturing mother, he was leaving them with the tragedy of their mothers dying in a really horrible way.

Remember, Max's father started beating on him because he blamed Max for his mother's death. (Which is nuts, of course, but grief can do that to some people.) There's every chance Max would've had a very happy life if his mother hadn't died. And he wouldn't have ended up going on a killing spree. (I personally think Max's father might've just found something else to abuse him for, but maybe the demon knew his birth mother wouldn't have stood for it. So, it got rid of her.)

Like Sam said, it seems like the demon is trying to do stuff that will push these kids over the edge. Like killing Jessica. If Sam hadn't had Dean, who knows what would've happened. Even with Dean around, Sam got pretty close to the edge a couple of times.

And these are all theories. It could be the demon had other reasons for killing some of the mothers and leaving others alive.

thats true could be that the demon only killed loving parents and left the bad parents alive to abuse their kids and make their kids go to the dark side and killed the loving parents to make the kids feel guilty about it happening near them and stuff to make them hold a grudge on themselves. this demon is one sneaky dude.

another thing is it me or did sam have that cast on his arm only at the end and not at the begining. i know from spoilers it said jared while filming hurt himself and they were going to write it in the cript to explain why he had a cast on his arm but did i miss something or did they never explain that?

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26

Kinda nice to see an episode that the words "Dad" or "John" weren't mentioned as well. I know its a key plot point, but taking a break from it was a welcome respite. And by showing that clip, in the beginning, where John whispered to Dean before dying, that was an obvious clue that he told him something about Sam and "the other kids like him".

Andy: "Everything's gonna be alright, go get yourself a coffee. ... (waves hand in the air and mimicks Obi-Wan in Star Wars) These aren't the droids you're looking for."

(Yet another Star Wars reference, Welling_is_pretty.)
      Yeah, it was kinda nice to have a bit of a respite from the Daddy!Angst.

Yep, when I heard that and the Obi-Wan line I was all "god, Kripke really loves his Star Wars, doesn't he?"

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
      i loved it, one of my fav. lines was by andy:

Andy:*is grabing at his hair*"I have an evil twin..."
      also a great line.

but perhaps the best line, I thought was when Ash opens his door and the guys are trying not to look at his nakedness and he says something like "I guess I'll need my pants."

Some of the 'lovelies' for me this episode were:
      --Dean touching Sam after the Dr. got run over (after we came back from commercial). he was just putting his hand on Sam's arm but that and his expression screamed protection and a tenderness we don't often get to see from Dean. That made that moment (however fleeting it was) my fave of the whole episode.
      --Sam's (and Dean's) realization that Sam could be considered something that other hunters would, well, hunt and the fear it created in them. I had never thought about that before but it's true.
      --All the scenes with Ash.
      --Dean's expression as Jo turned on REO Speedwagon. I thought he was gonna his gun out and shoot that jukebox (or himself!).
      --Sam's expression as Dean proceeded to sing that song in the Impala (personally I was waiting for the Impala to stall from having that crap in it's confines!)
      --Sam pulling the alarm at the store. He and Dean pulled the fire alarm in Devil's Trap to get Papa Winchester out so that was nice contuinity.

One thing I didn't like:
      --How Ellen treated Sam (and to a lesser extent Dean) when they showed back up at the roadhouse at the end. It just seemed like she was all "well, nice work [i]children[i/] but now it's time for the grown ups to handle the problem", to me. It kinda pissed me off. I wanted to grab her and saw "hey, back off lady! When you're a powerful psychic who has defeated all manner of things supernatural for 20 odd years without any help except from your brother and your father then you can tell the boyos what to do. Until then, shut up!" Sorry, but she really pissed me off there, with her taking over and all.

But on the whole I loved this episode, it was great.

Whew! didn't mean to get so long winded.

Comment

The dam was similar to the dam in "Leech" (Smallville)

Did they use the same location?

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
          One thing I didn't like:
          --How Ellen treated Sam (and to a lesser extent Dean) when they showed back up at the roadhouse at the end. It just seemed like she was all "well, nice work [i]children[i/] but now it's time for the grown ups to handle the problem", to me. It kinda pissed me off. I wanted to grab her and saw "hey, back off lady! When you're a powerful psychic who has defeated all manner of things supernatural for 20 odd years without any help except from your brother and your father then you can tell the boyos what to do. Until then, shut up!" Sorry, but she really pissed me off there, with her taking over and all.
          Yeah, what was with that anyway? I don't mind her being there as a "helping hand" to the brothers, but she literally butted in where I'm not really sure she belonged - at least, in this point in time.

Another thing I got to thinking about, how'd she know what the guys wanted from Ash? Did she "spy" on them by going and grilling Ash about what they spoke to him about and had him look up?? Nosy old broad.

I hope a feeling I have doesn't happen... but that's more for the speculations forum.

Comment

I liked this episode. Dean spilling it all to the guy and turning over his car was great I think Dean makes me laugh more... and Sam is really growing on me... I wasn't a fan of Sam in Season 1 for some reason, mainly in the beginning episodes but I really love his character now...

Gosh, I hope we find out soon what John whispered in Dean's ear... it's driving me crazy... haha.

I don't like the idea of Dean maybe getting a girlfriend... I'm not buying it with the lady, forgetting her name as sleep comes for me... I liked that all this time there was no complicating romances... not on-going ones at least... I don't see why they need this family's help anyway... haven't they been like in the last 3 episodes or so? *shrugs*

All in all, even with those scenes between Dean and.... "her", I liked this episode... oh yeah, LOVED Dean singing REO Speedwagon ... but Sam's reaction to it was even better... haha...

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit Detective
              The dam was similar to the dam in "Leech" (Smallville)

Did they use the same location?
              ya i was wondering that too. looks the same.

also in hookman i think the used the same set where the girl and guy are in the car and hookman comes in the lattle wooded area and its the same as where the fbi guys were hiding in the telephone repair truck when lex was getting info on his father and clark stops him about investigating him.

Comment

Smallville & Supernatural's studios are only a few miles apart according to an interview they did in a UK mag.

Comment

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread this time. I saw it a bit later than i usually do. Anyway i have to say I wasn't scared one bit but I honestly don't care at all. This is definitely a favourite for me.

And oh man the twin gave off creepy vibes. Reminds me of that whole thing with the Teagues and the teaguescest vibes people were talking about back in late season 4 SV.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan26
                    Yeah, what was with that anyway? I don't mind her being there as a "helping hand" to the brothers, but she literally butted in where I'm not really sure she belonged - at least, in this point in time.

Another thing I got to thinking about, how'd she know what the guys wanted from Ash? Did she "spy" on them by going and grilling Ash about what they spoke to him about and had him look up?? Nosy old broad.

I hope a feeling I have doesn't happen... but that's more for the speculations forum.
                    I hadn't even thought of that thing with Ash. Well spotted. Yeah, I think I really don't like Ellen. Jury is still out on Jo though. (though after seeing the Directors Cut of the next episode....)

Comment

hmm.. that would be freay if clark suddenly apeared while they were doing that dam shot, i can see it now Clark: opps. Sam or Andy: who are you? Clark: uh, uh....i um...bye. *runs off* Sam or Andy: Dean:*watching from the background* holy sh*t

Comment

Originally posted by Chlarkerlover
                        hmm.. that would be freay if clark suddenly apeared while they were doing that dam shot, i can see it now Clark: opps. Sam or Andy: who are you? Clark: uh, uh....i um...bye. *runs off* Sam or Andy: Dean:*watching from the background* holy sh*t
                        and Dean would be all "I feel like I know that guy. And tried to kill his parents!"

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                          Jury is still out on Jo though. (though after seeing the Directors Cut of the next episode....)
                          There's something about her attitude that just grabs me wrong, especially after watching the DC...... after tonight's show, maybe she'll tone it down a bit.

Comment

I liked this episode a lot. 'These aren't the Droids your looking for' was the quote of the episode haha! Quite liked the Obi-Wan quote from Dean right enough. Interesting storyline re the demon's plans. Wonder what will come of it, this Season is finally up and running.

Comment

This episode was good.I like the episodes with people like sam.Liked the plot,the twin was surprising and movie-like and i like how they brought up max miller again.(or whatever)

Comment

Loved this episode.
                                My fave one after the s2 premier.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍