Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monstra
    And its been one of the lowest rated World Series ever.. but yeah..

And uh, what was the #1 show in the WB last year then?
    7th Heaven/Gilmore Girls.

Comment

Really? Could you show me the numbers please?

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
        Really? Could you show me the numbers please?
        "111. 7th Heaven WB 5.2 1.9/5 (115) -2/n.c.
        113. America's Next Top Model 5 UPN 5.0 2.4/7 (92) n.c./+4
        113. America's Next Top Model 6 UPN 5.0 2.4/7 (92) -2/n.c.
        115. Less Than Perfect ABC 4.9 1.9/5 (115) -21/-17
        115. Sons & Daughters ABC 4.9 1.9/5 (115) N/A
        117. Smallville WB 4.7 2.0/6 (110) +7/n.c.
        118. Stacked Fox 4.6 2.1/6 (107) -54/-54
        119. Gilmore Girls WB 4.5 2.0/5 (110) -6/-5"

Comment

Well I know the ratings in gral sucked, cuz post Reckoning the ratings were horrible, I kinda meant it was the most watched show when the show was good meaning pre-Reckoning. I could care less about it post-Reckoning.

But thanks anyway.

Comment

i heard some1 mention baseball...oh wait! and college football, hard to compete with die-hard sports fans, i dont see a problem with it.
            and yes, a new network is gonna be hard to adjust..
            Last edited by luvallimak; 10-27-2006, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d.g225
              its not about the ships. the writing is just plain bad the stroys suck and they have bow wow on next week !!!i mean come on!!! lex is not the dame victim cause mommy died and daddy dident love him! lex is a sociapatih!! in his mind it wasent his fault what happend to ducan it was olivers and his friends and his dad !!! im sorry but he is the bad guy!!! hell why dont they give him a red cape and change the name to lexville!!!

too funny

Comment

Whether or not viewers think the ratings are good, The CW seems happy.

THE CW POSTS WEEK-TO-WEEK GAINS AGAINST THURSDAY COMPETITION, INCLUDING WORLD SERIES
                Released by The CW
                [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE CW POSTS WEEK-TO-WEEK GAINS AGAINST THURSDAY COMPETITION, INCLUDING WORLD SERIES

"Smallville" Hits New Season Highs in Men Demos; Matches Season Bests in Adult 18-34 and 18-49

"Smallville" Second Only to World Series in Time Period Among Men 18-34

"Supernatural" Improves Over "Everwood" A Year Ago in Adults and Men Demos

October 27, 2006 (Burbank, CA) - Against Game 4 of the World Series and a mix of original and repeat competition, The CW scored week-to-week gains on Thursday, including 6% in viewers (4.2mil), 12% in adults 18-49 (1.9/5), 9% in men 18-34 (2.4/7), 18% in men 18-49 (2.0/6) and 6% in women 18-49 (1.8/5), according to preliminary live plus same day Nielsen ratings for Thursday, Oct. 26.

Despite facing the World Series, "Smallville" hit new season highs in men 18-34 (3.0/10) and men 18-49 (2.5/7) and matches its season best in adults 18-34 (2.5/8) and 18-49 (2.2/6). Compared to last week, "Smallville" climbed 4% in adults 18-34, 10% in adults 18-49, 15% in men 18-34 and 19% in men 18-49.

"Smallville" ranked second in the hour among men 18-34, behind only Fox.

"Supernatural" matched its season bests in adults 18-49 (1.7/4) and women 18-49 (1.8/5), and held 90% of "Smallville's" women 18-34 (1.8/5 v. 2.0/6) audience and 100% of its women 18-49 (1.8/4 v. 1.8/5) audience.

Compared to "Everwood" in the time period a year ago (10/27/05), "Supernatural" scored gains of 21% in adults 18-34 (1.7/4), 31% in adults 18-49 (1.7/4), 113% in men 18-34 (1.7/5), and 114% in men 18-49 (1.5/4).

The CW's Thursday line-up of "Smallville" and "Supernatural" is delivering considerable increases over UPN's Thursday night from a year ago, with increases of 50% in adults 18-34 (2.1/6), 36% in adults 18-49 (1.9/5), 140% in men 18-34 (2.4/7), 100% in men 18-49 (2.0/6) and 25% in viewers (4.2mil).

Versus The WB a year ago (10/27/05), The CW's Thursday is an improvement of 14% in men 18-34 and 11% in men 18-49, equaling its performance in adults 18-49.

Link To Press Release
                Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 10-27-2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

The CW is always happy. They cant come out and say the shows arent doing as well as they thought can they?

Comment

^^^^
                    So it would seem that males 18-34 are all that matters to the network?
                    When a show drops over a million viewers fromthe first 4 episodes of season 5 compared to season 6, I would think that something is tremendously wrong. Of course, we know that since the CW is such a weak network they will not drop SV, but that doesn't mean the show isn't failing.
                    When an episode like THIRST can garner higher numbers than anything yet in season 6, it has to be more than sports competition or a new network. SV is close to having half the viewers it had in season 2. Viewers followed it from WED. to THUR. nite, so last season there was interest. Now it appears to be young males hoping to see evil Lex and Clark fly???? Oh, I forgot Chloe and Lois cleavage. That's okay, the writers have forgotten the OTHER demographics that used to enjoy the show. They're probably just killing time waiting for Grey's Anatomy on ABC at 9:00. Me, I just tape SV and watch ESPN football, right guys.

Comment

Notice, that the CW article doesn't compete Smallville against ITSELF, this time last year. Yes, they are pointing out the positive, comparing it against how each episode does in comparison to the rest of the previous in the season.

Against its historical ratings, Smallville isn't doing so hot. But for the CW to bring that to attention is bad press. They'd never do that, and I don't blame them

Smallville will stick around, however, if the advertisers are impressed with the numbers. Unless the cost to produce it (SV has to be the most expensive show they make, right?) doesn't keep raking in the cash to pay for itself.
                      Last edited by ajfinn; 10-27-2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                        If Smallville manages to keep up the good stories and avoid the lame stuff, it might even get back to the 5.5 million. Although, I fear for some spoilers (for those that don't know and want to know, check the spoilers forum, I'm not going to spoil here).
                        I know what you are talking about, and it is coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Timester
                          I'm going to start preaching "Good episode last week = ratings".
                          Actually I was thinking more like "Steven De Knight = ratings"

Comment

I fit in the 49 range, I guess next year I will have to quit watching

IMine is one of those non sports watching households.
                            I think the last sports type program I watched was a football game back in the late 70's.
                            Does "Too Tall Jones" still play?

Comment

not for some time now

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                                I know what you are talking about, and it is coming up.
                                I do have to wonder about that plotline in regard to the ratings, it seems like something that would really turn people off of the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎