No announcement yet.

Why didn't Clark just...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Clark just...

Why didn't Clark just x-ray the green arrow if he wanted to find out who he was so badly?

I was practically yelling at my tv at how stupid Clark was during those scenes. It woulda cut his "investagating" time in half (or rather, Chloe's) to just x-ray the guy

....or even easier, take the hood off....

Well in this incarnation of Superman the x-ray vision is literally that. He wouldn't be able to see GA's face if he x-ray'd him, just his skull.

Comment

No that's not the truth - when Clark first got x-ray vision - he looked into the girls locker room

Comment

Well, maybe he could x-ray the dental work and steal into his dentist's office and check the records. No wait, Chloe would have to help him, he may be the BDA of Steel but he can't hack his way into an open forum

Comment

I think its part of the superhero code in Clarks case. I dont think he would do that, he would try to find out who is he fairly imo.

Comment

But GA wasnt a superhero in clark's mind when they first met!

I've said it in another forum too... Clark will X-ray someone's SKELETON to see if they're Tina Greer, but not someone's sunglasses to see if they're Oliver Queen??

That aside, my friends all still seem to recognize who I am when I wear sunglasses. Funny.

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. If (for whatever reason) he couldn't x-ray the glasses, he could have super-sped past him to take off the glasses. He could have used his super-breath to blow off the hood... there were a ton of ways he could have used his superpowers to overcome Oliver.

And the whole "super-hero code" doesn't make sense, because he didn't view the Green Arrow as a super-hero. He probably thought the guy was a meteor freak thief.

This furthers my belief that Chloe was completely unnecessary in this episode. Clark could have easily investigated all of this on his own. I hate that Chloe's involvement makes Clark look more stupid.

Comment

Yeah I would have to assume its all in the SUPER HERO CODE theres

Comment

In Witness when he X-rayed the guy who had the mask on, all he could see was the guy's skeleton.

Comment

Maybe the glasses are made of led. Who knows. I think he can see clearly through glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Kara15
                      In Witness when he X-rayed the guy who had the mask on, all he could see was the guy's skeleton.
                      In the episode with the red kryptonite, he looked through Chloe's jeans and told Pete that she had a birthmark on her "cheek" Birthmarks are not visible with the x-ray you describe....

Comment

The reason?

The writers.

Comment

Clearly, with all the green in the room Clark was a little nervous about kryptonite. It's the only logical explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonian-Ronin
                            The reason?

The writers.
                            Exactly. They are very inconsistent when it comes to all of his powers...

Comment

They needed all that time for him to figure out who he is.. Otherwise they wouldnt have had an episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎