Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chemistry between Lex and Lana is horrible.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shirkie
    Honestly, I haven't found any pairings with KK to have good chemistry other than friendships.
    shirkie
    Me neither.

Originally posted by shirkie
    My problem with the darker Lana is that she's absolutely hunky dory when SHE is the one with HER "thecreth and lieths," but she spent the past three seasons b****ing at Clark about HIS "thecreth and lieths" and does the same to Lex. GAH.
    shirkie
    And this is one of the things I really do not like about this character right now. She wants to keep her secrets, yet she expects, no, she demands that everyone, EVERYONE, else share their secrets with her. I rarely find myself wanting to shake the beans out of someone, but I'd like to put this Lana in an earthquake. For once, I'd like to see Lana do a deep objective self examination. Surely, she wouldn't like what she saw. The double standards, her own deceptions, her role in the Clark/Lana breakup, her role in her own miserable life, etc.
    Last edited by Dor el; 10-21-2006, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I don't know about chemistry, but I do think that the writing for the lexana scenes is as bad as it possibly can get. That's probably why a lot of people find the scenes boring to a point where you'd love to get up and go to the bathroom or flip the channel and check a sports score.

Comment

Lex and Lana don't seem to go well together because they do not go well together. All through Smallville, she has been the girl next door and now she is being introduced to the world of the elite and she doesn't belong there. She could but deep inside, she is still the humbled, deperately lonely little girl we saw on the front page of the paper when her parents were killed.
        And seriously, I do not think she believes either Lex or Lionel. Since she discovered Clark and Chloe may have had a good reason for wanting to kill Lex, she may be sacrificing herself to remain on the side of good. Eventually, she will find out more about the box and give it to the right people or she will get caught in the act.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
          I don't know about chemistry, but I do think that the writing for the lexana scenes is as bad as it possibly can get. That's probably why a lot of people find the scenes boring to a point where you'd love to get up and go to the bathroom or flip the channel and check a sports score.
          I agree with some of this statement. The actors have incredible chemistry but the dialogue is wanting. The whole darn storyline is in need of an overhaul.

Comment

I'm not a Clana fan at all, and want Lana far away from Clark. Just to establish that.

But I agree, I intensely dislike the chemistry between MR & KK. In particular on MR's side. He's such a good actor, that its jarring to see him so bad in scenes. He comes off as smarmy, rather then sexy or romantic. KK does marginally better, but I don't find her to be an actress that generates a lot of chemistry with her co-stars.

IMO

Comment

I think that ed is taking over in the lisps and muckmouth department from kk. it's not as appealing, but someone's gotta do it. also, kk is broken out on her forehead from the weight loss and/or face work she got to look more gaunt and "dark" for this season. mr might relish the opportunity to be working with kk so much, but he's smart enough to know that it's not working for audiences. all around, we got problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Bob
                I think the actors (Kristin & Michael) have incredible chemistry. It's not the same kind of chemistry as Tom & Kristin. It's completely different but it's still great.
                Yup! KK does a better acting job with MR than with TW. I'm not saying that I like the direction of this show tb took, still I have to admit that their relationship is somehow better ( more real) than Clana. Sorry Clana fans.
                Last edited by azi; 10-21-2006, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptoKnight
                  Lex and Lana don't seem to go well together because they do not go well together. All through Smallville, she has been the girl next door and now she is being introduced to the world of the elite and she doesn't belong there. She could but deep inside, she is still the humbled, deperately lonely little girl we saw on the front page of the paper when her parents were killed.
                  And seriously, I do not think she believes either Lex or Lionel. Since she discovered Clark and Chloe may have had a good reason for wanting to kill Lex, she may be sacrificing herself to remain on the side of good. Eventually, she will find out more about the box and give it to the right people or she will get caught in the act.
                  I hear having hope is a good thing, so you just keep hoping, that Lana is still the good little girl next door, who wants to stand up to the evil Lex and Lionel, and is therefor pretenting to be evil so she can reveal and prevent their secret evil plans! Yeah, right, when pigs fly!

As for not belonging to the elite, well she looked pretty comfortable to me! Driving in sportscars with Lex, probably wearing a little more expensive clothes etc... Yeah, she is really uncomfortable in that scene!......................

As for the chemistry between them, well there is none, because there is no love, just a partnership where both partners feel they are getting something out of being with that person!
                  Last edited by umm; 10-22-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I think they're amazing together and have been for a long while. Lex/Lana may be a couple now, but to me, they've always had a wonderful dynamic to their relationship, one that's changed over time but has always been there. It's the reason why they were supported even before the show started to move them towards each other, but seriously, they have been building Lex/Lana ever since S3. And I've felt they were amazing since then and before. This season has been no different. I think they're beautiful.

Comment

KK and MR have always imo had great chemistry together and they still do. their chemisty isn't as good as say MR and TW or TW and AM but it's still one of the best parings in the show.

Comment

Re: chemistry between lex and lana makes me want to puke

Originally posted by rudyrusso
                        just the facts. how can anyone want to watch what's going on with them? it's disgusting! stop the madness. there's got to be someone she can hook up with that isn't as extreme. the damage is done. let's move this show forward before I pop an embolism. PLEASE!!!
                        If she has to hook up with some evil guy, I would much rather have it be Lionel (though the age difference would be gross). I think Lionel would really screw with her mind though. There are only a few who could deal with such an MB. I know in Leech Lex was holding a photo that Nixon got of Lionel and Victoria. I wish they would have explored that more (same with Jonathan-Nell history).

Comment

Re: Chemistry between Lex and Lana is horrible.

Originally posted by superman_115

I know all my posts seem negative, but there isn't much good to say about Lana, Lex, and Jimmy right now. All three are being written horribly so far.

What is everyone else's opinion on this?
                          I almost dread watching scenes with Lana now. I'm upset that I dont find KK as attractive as I did in the first 3 seasons (must be the overuse of Lana) . The way Lana is dissed by everyone makes her so clueless that its hard to watch her play this gullible, desperate girl. The only way I'll like her now is if she's single while Clark tells her all his secrets and she accepts him for who he is. Thats the only thing that will redeem her imo. And I'm so positive that it will happen. So I continue to keep the channel on the CW during all of her scenes. (even though her scenes are definitely the hardest for me to watch)

Comment

If this is the best the writers can do for her character than I say just write her off. Superman being single is by far the better way, don't like to see the man of steel crying over a female. Never cared for the Clark/Lana relationship but this whole Lex/Lana thing is horrible. I would rather see Clark/Lana then what's going on. I find myself FWD though Lex/Lana scenes cause they are just horrible. With Lois in the show more this year, it would of been a good year to write Lana off. The Green Arrow is the only good thing going this season. I just don't see a point for the Lana character anymore

Comment

Originally posted by umm
                              I hear having hope is a good thing, so you just keep hoping, that Lana is still the good little girl next door, who wants to stand up to the evil Lex and Lionel, and is therefor pretenting to be evil so she can reveal and prevent their secret evil plans! Yeah, right, when pigs fly!

As for no belonging to the elite, well she looked pretty comfortable to me! Driving in sportscars with Lex, probably wearing a little more expensive clothes etc... Yeah, she is really unconfortable with that scene!......................

As for the chemistry between them, well there is none, because there is no love, just a partnership where both partners feel they are getting something out of being with that person!
                              OK, OK yeah she looks comfortable in the car, I agree there. But she is not comfortable with security cameras, security staff and she sure didn't look comfortable at first being the woman who told Lex's "yes man" how to deal with Lionel and his potential bribe. She choked, swallowed her pride and became the stern, hardcore bitty she had to be. Even if you don't believe Lana is trying to do the right thing, wouldn't you still admit Lana is not, and could not be, the type who can threaten the security of a man's daughters?
                              Lana lovers, rejoice - she is alive, cute, cuddly and will one day again be free of the Lex hex.

Comment

I think they have an awkward relationship because that exactly what the writers want to show. Lana can compare the two most important men in her life and see which one was better in terms of unconditionally loving her. Clark had his reasons for keeping secrets but would he ever test her or be disloyal to her? Never! But Lex will do that, and that is from Lana’s perspective, shows us the difference between good and bad and what she had that she lost.

I never found any romantic chemistry between Micheal/Kristin, obviously, they are not even close to Kristin/Tom, but romantic chemistry is not even needed in this relationship. A more “we mean business” like attitude is needed for this arc, so I find it very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎