TV Ratings for Arrow

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im expecting them to bouce back next episode after arrow. Im from the uk, so i dont know this, but how often do they repeat smallville new episodes, if at all in the week between the episodes? I mean is there a chance people who saw this one will tell people how good it was and then they can catch a repeat?

Comment

I think the decline was a response to the terrible Wither episode last week. This is unfortunate because Arrow was great!

Comment

Got the same ratings as Sneeze, which didn't have any Lois or Green Arrow in the promos But Wither, which was all Lois and Green Arrow did better than Sneeze. I'm afraid you can't lay this on any doorstep other than the 7th decisive game of the playoffs on FOX. Come on, I'm not the only one who was clicking between Smallville and baseball

However, if there's a downward trend when baseball is gone, then this could be the last year of Smalville. I'm OK with that. It will let them end things properly with no more moving backward in Clark's development and maybe give us a glimps of his future in the last episode.

Comment

Less Chloe = Horrible Ratings!!

They are constantly trying to shove the Lois Lane character down are throats. The character is poorly written and Chloe's character is very well developed. Less Chloe = poor ratings for Arrow!!

At 8 p.m., ABC's "Ugly Betty" and CBS' "Survivor: Cook Islands" tied for first in households at 8.9/14, though CBS had more total viewers. Game 7 of the National League Championship Series on FOX posted a 7.9/12 for the hour. NBC was fourth with "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office. The CW got a 2.8/4 from "Smallville."

zap2it.com

Comment

So there wasnt any baseball on last season? :P

Its sad really, ep 4 is been the highest rated episode from S3-S5, and now theyre back to 5.02 ratings, can't say Im not glad.

Now the real test will be next weeks.

Comment

Oh god, didnt Sneeze have like horrible ratings too? I dont think Chloes a factor in the ratings, if she were, ratings would be super high all the time, since shes 75% of the time Smallvilles on, on screen.

But yeah, I dont think anyone really cares about Lois and the Green dude either.

Comment

Originally posted by JLA
                I think the decline was a response to the terrible Wither episode last week. This is unfortunate because Arrow was great!
                I agree. The Sexana in Wither might have turned off some, and didn't bother tuning in last nite's Arrow episode, which was really a FANTASTIC episode. CW will re-air Arrow on Sunday so hopefully it'll pick up new viewers.

Comment

smallville is struggling, but so is the network. can they hold onto enough viewers to get through this season and warrant one last season of farewells for all our beloved characters? either way, things are on the downturn. I'm just going to enjoy whatever is left because we're looking at the end this series.

I can attempt to pinpoint the aspects of the show that are unappealing and thus effect the viewership, but I've already got into enough trouble for voicing my opinion on these boards. but real quick again!:

recast lois, tell kreuk to gain some weight, and somehow get martha and lionel out of the general picture. this is just for starters. for stories, we need more conscious acts of the characters that they all become. they've been in college for 3 years! there's no way they're this much like their high school personas, I don't care how much they need to have it that way to keep that demographic watching.

Comment

Chloe is not the factor, no character outside of Clark is strong enough to make a big diference, How ever game 7, its understadable, basball atracts a a big part of the SV viewer demographics: males aged 18-25. Same thing happened with Sneeze, the game got port of the ratings, and after Mets forced the 7th game, of course it was going to pull rating, but comon Its like Clarmy saying that no Clana= Bad ratings, sorry but not true, people who know about this more than us posters analize markets and targets and if it were true then we would have a Chloe show, I mean if no Chloe puts SV 2 million viewers off, trust me she would get her own series, swaying that many viewers would be impresive but factually it isnt what happened.

And shoving Lois down our throughts, we rarely get an epi centered on her, last one was Recruit. As oposed to Chloe that we do get to see her almost everytime Clark is no screen, but you dont see me complaining

Comment

Nobody wants to see Lois and the Green Arrow!! Maybe if Lois was a more interesting character it would work.

The focus of Smallville should be the rivalry between Clark and Lex. Here it is the sixth season and Clark and Lex are making a full turn against each other and they don't get any scenes together in Arrow and they had one scene together in Wither. Come on writers!! It's time to heat things up between Lex and Clark.

I like the Lana character, well I sort of like the character, but she's taking away from screentime between Clark and Lex.

Here's a season finale. You have Lex find out about Clark's secret but everyone begans to label him crazy. Lionel says Lex has an obsession with Aliens and he has him taken to a psychiatric hospital. While Lex is sitting at a table in the hospital another patient walks up to him and asks can he sit down. When Lex looks up the guy says, "I've always wanted to meet you Mr. Luthor, my name is Otis." The ratings will shoot through the roof and Smallville will be the water cooler show for the next day. So writers, please get to the Lex and Clark clashes and confrontations!!

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                        Oh god, didnt Sneeze have like horrible ratings too? I dont think Chloes a factor in the ratings, if she were, ratings would be super high all the time, since shes 75% of the time Smallvilles on, on screen.

But yeah, I dont think anyone really cares about Lois and the Green dude either.
                        Good point the first one.

As for the second point, speak for your self, there are many of us who are interested in the GA/Lois arc.

Comment

Originally posted by monstra
                          So there wasnt any baseball on last season? :P
                          Yes, there was baseball last year too.

Still we managed just fine, actually even better then.

Comment

This reminds me of the Clana=ratings argument.

Maybe the ratings weren't very good because Wither was such a lousy episode and it turned people away from this one?

Comment

You know, thinking about it I do have to wonder if the Sexana in Wither turned away viewers. It was pretty controversial.

Comment

Didn't Sexana got higher ratings than this weeks???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎