Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MBCorp
    Most older shows don't have the ratings that they did when they were younger. You can't expect a show in its sixth year to be getting the ratings that it did when it was young.
    Agree. SV was pretty consistant for what 3 seasons. Then S4 starts and a large portion on SV audience left for the suprise hit LOST. SV takes its lumps, licks its wounds and takes a humogeous leap of faith and moved to the most competitive night in network TV. Thurs. @ 8. A sign to many fans that TPTB are purposely trying to kill a beloved show. Also labeled in many media circles as the death nail for the long running season.

Then the unthinkable happens SV somehow holds its own. Touted in the media as a success, but what happens next will forever live in infamy... "Wreckoning" SV 100th episode. Loved and hated by SV fans ,there is no middle ground for this episode. You either hate it or love it This accompinied with the long winter break, something I feel SV has had no success with coming back from killed its momentum leading into the finale.

S6 rolls around with the UPN/WB merger confusing lots of viewers. They were'nt sure if they could get CW or what channel its on now etc.. Some might say you can't use this along with the number of households CW reaches as an excuse. They will use UPN as an excuse to say "Well UPN has increased its viewership since the merger" I say DUH!! UPN was even worse off than the WB was as far as number of households reached. Of course they'll benefit from the merger. They can now reach those "viewers" who wouldn't have other wise watched.

People still have to remember SV airs on the most competitve night Thurs. @ 8. It gets nearly 5 million viewers I'd say thats pretty good considering the unexpected success of Uglybetty and BB. Also alot of the hate SV is getting now, I believe its a defense mechanism. People want to dish out anger and laugh at its failures so when it does end, it won't hurt as much.

Comment

• Final Ratings
      10/16/06 THROUGH 10/22/06

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL...... 5.15 mil
      GILMORE GIRLS.......................... 4.85 mil
      SMALLVILLE................................ 4.71 mil
      FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN....... 4.67 mil
      SUPERNATURAL.......................... 3.29 mil
      7TH HEAVEN............................... 3.27 mil
      VERONICA MARS......................... 3.12 mil
      GIRLFRIENDS.............................. 3.08 mil
      EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS........... 3.00 mil
      ONE TREE HILL............................ 2.97 mil
      ALL OF US.................................... 2.83 mil
      GAME, THE................................... 2.65 mil
      AMERICA'S TOP MODEL-10/22..... 1.95 mil
      SMALLVILLE-10/22...................... 1.83 mil

Link
      Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 10-24-2006, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Again the Baseball phenomenom, The shows that have mostly women as a fan base were unaffected, as oposed to SV that has a large male fan base, same thing from Sneeze.

Comment

• I totally disagree with that you guys don't like the Lois and Green Arrow story line i luved it! The truth thiz tho the ratings got lower cuz of baseball... but i'm sure for CW standards it's fine...

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
          Final Ratings
          10/16/06 THROUGH 10/22/06

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL...... 5.15 mil
          GILMORE GIRLS.......................... 4.85 mil
          SMALLVILLE................................ 4.71 mil
          FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN....... 4.67 mil
          SUPERNATURAL.......................... 3.29 mil
          7TH HEAVEN............................... 3.27 mil
          VERONICA MARS......................... 3.12 mil
          GIRLFRIENDS.............................. 3.08 mil
          EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS........... 3.00 mil
          ONE TREE HILL............................ 2.97 mil
          ALL OF US.................................... 2.83 mil
          GAME, THE................................... 2.65 mil
          AMERICA'S TOP MODEL-10/22..... 1.95 mil
          SMALLVILLE-10/22...................... 1.83 mil

Link
          Thiz shows the ratins were not bad at all.. look at america's top model a hit not that much higher.. and sv has dvd releases that i'm sure makes them the extra cash :}....
          Last edited by fash292; 10-24-2006, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• And dont forget the show is very big in UK and Latin america, The Warner Channel (which airs most of CW´s programing in Latin america) has had afternoon SV reruns monday through friday for 3 or 4 yeears now, and it has its share of raitings or else it wouldnt be on would it. So although US is the most important market, others should also be considered, trust me SV wont get cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kal-ed
              Again the Baseball phenomenom, The shows that have mostly women as a fan base were unaffected, as oposed to SV that has a large male fan base, same thing from Sneeze.

World series ratings are very low this year.

Comment

• They are lower than last year, but hardly low. The world series got between 18 and 13 million viewers in each of the first three games, and got 16.5 million in NLCS Game 7 last thursday. That as to be effecting the viewership for shows on opposing networks.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎