TV Ratings for Wither

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, I hate when people equal Clana to ratings. Give us good, decent, Clark centered storylines, and you'll get good ratings! Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by chlarkfan333
      I'm sure SV can survive and even thrive sans Clana if it capitalises on all the other characters, arcs, and relationships (romantic and otherwise) it has. Zod and Sneeze went a long way I think toward this end. Wither had it's moments as well, but less so.
      The problem at this point with new characters and new arcs is that there are about 1.3 million less viewers than this time LAST season to notice the change.

If the first three eps. last season got 5.9 million each and Zod is what 5.04 and Sneeze, Whither at 4.6 million each then the DIRECTION is wrong. Aqua, Solitude, and Cyborg were good one episode hits but Cyborg didn't carry any momentum into the final third of the season. I predicted Zod should do 5.5 million to be a successful leadin for the first 4 episodes to set the tone. The tone was a dull THUD. I don't know if "robin hood" I mean Green Arrow can help that much. At least with Aqua, we only had to endure the "Bro" for one episode, proving there is a god.

From my perspective, Jimmy and Ollie are their to give poor Chloe and Lois the beaus their fans think they need. At least it COULD give a reason for Lois to be on the show besides stripping and *****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly by guy
        The problem at this point with new characters and new arcs is that there are about 1.3 million less viewers than this time LAST season to notice the change.
        The problem is that EVERY SINGLE SHOW on CW lost the around same numbers and Smallville is actually one of the most watched CW shows.

Comment

Can't blame the CW for the ratings, imo, since SV's ratings slowly started flushing down the toilet following Reckoning.

The first of last year was SV's strongest showing ever, right?

And then what happened? Repetition & character assasination are running themes lately.

I swear I've heard the same lines and conversations SOOOOOOOO many times that I could walk on the SV set and step in for ANY of the characters Any of us probably could!

If we stick to these general lines, we could pass as actors in just about ANY Smallville scene:

Clark ...... I suck, I hate myself. Everyone is miserable because of me. *cue loft scene -- give him ball to play with, picture to look at, or telescope to smash .... and insert (Chloe, Lois, Martha) to tell him he will one day learn from the same mistakes he keeps making over and over again.*

Lana ........ Clark doesn't love me. What can make me feel better about myself? *cue drug plot, lexana ... blah blah, another trip to the hospital after getting stabbed, strangled or thrown into a wall*

Chloe ......... Here I am to save the day!!!!!!!!!!!! Mighty mouth is on her way!!!!!! *cue rapidly typing fingers that can break into ANY given system in 3.5 seconds flat*

Lois .... Hey, Smallville, you stink NOW, but you never know who's lurking around the corner . . . ME!!! *cue Superman music*

Martha .... Clark, you're making your father proud. Your mistakes will make you into the man you need to become. *Cue Lionel walking in ..... sinister, yet mysteriously romantic music plays in background*

Easiest of all:

Lex ........ I'VE BEEN SHOT! *cue rolling eyes of 4.5 million viewers*

Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
            i thought we were watchin a show about a DC charachter.

The Irony

any way, so I guess the baseball did affect last week,
            Last edited by Kal-ed; 10-16-2006, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajfinn
              Can't blame the CW for the ratings, imo, since SV's ratings slowly started flushing down the toilet following Reckoning.

The first of last year was SV's strongest showing ever, right?

Oh yes you can! Or more to the point.....you can't disprove what Timester is saying. If you want to claim that Smallville lost viewers after Reckoning....that's fine (I don't think anyone is arguing that) but since ratings where down accross the boards for all shows on the CW, Smallville should then be doing even worse than the Final of season five. But the CW Smallville premiere ended up at about the same. The ratings did drop slightly for the Second Episode (probably due to Baseball....although this point is debatable, but it's absolutely what I believe happened). Then the third episode comes in at just about what the premiere did (unless the final figure drops significantly between today and tomorrow). Again, and following your logic....given that all the CW shows suffered accross the board Smallville (unless you think it's immune for some reason)shouldn't be at the same level as the WB's Smallville finale.

Actually I think the CW's slow start has shown them that Smallville has a resilient fan base. I agree with you that ratings did decline during the last half of Season five, and I believe it was for a variety of reasons....but again, and given the circumstances.... Timesters take is just as valid as yours.

An interesting question to ask.....is what would the ratings have been if the WB had continued. Personally, I don't believe it would have been anywhere near last years premiere......but I think it would have been slightly on the lower end of somewhere in between. Which to me would have only proved that you can't please everybody.

On a different subject.....and in regards to your "Dumb-el of Krypton"......I was rewatching "Extinction" (as it re-aired last Saturday) and I noticed something I really miss from the first couple of seasons.....and Intelligent Clark. There's this one scene in particular where Chloe & Clark are bouncing detective ideas off each other and they both reached the truth together. They pieced the puzzle together! Yes, they figured out that it was a "Smavllville's version of a hate crime".....It was so cool. This just absolutely re-affirms my belief that just because Chloe's Smart.....it doesn't mean they have to write Clark as a dumb-el.....or vice a versa.
              Last edited by CK&CK; 10-17-2006, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paolinki25
                Jeez, I hate when people equal Clana to ratings. Give us good, decent, Clark centered storylines, and you'll get good ratings! Plain and simple.
                I am just waiting for people to equal Clois with ratings, soon...
                <sigh.>

Comment

TVtracker.com is saying smallville got 4.9m viewers? is this right? If it is then its better than the last ep, so we could assume sneeze was well received. Now it depends on what people thaught of wither and if people know what the next one is about.

Comment

I sutain it was the baseball, I did before, but now that this numbers came out, was like a confirmation, since sneeze was a better overall episode, and it was a new power episode it should have done better than wither, but it didnt, cause of baseball, same reason Greys anatomy and GG didnt loose raitng points against baseball, cause their core fandom is not interested in baseball, but a large part of the SV core fandom is ( males 18-25) and prefered to whatch a baseball game, I did.

Comment

Didn't they have baseball this time last year when the ratings were ummm.... high. The CW has only maintained ratings for SV that equal last seasons Oracle and Vessel ( which did a million less viewers than Commencement).

I guess we can wait a few more episodes for the final determination of what season 6 is doing. Baseball will be over and hopefully, the CW will be seen in more markets or on Direct TV. I wonder if by the first hiatus the show will be getting the great comeback buzz of last season. My two cents worth, "H### NO."

Comment

clois wont happen till nez=xt season or end of this one but lexana is gonna end and i dont think the reating went higher than 2.3 million cuz people just turn it off with the other alien stuff

Comment

Originally posted by *#~ ClAnAfAn99210~#*
                          clois wont happen till nez=xt season or end of this one but lexana is gonna end and i dont think the reating went higher than 2.3 million cuz people just turn it off with the other alien stuff

Comment

Huh? Yeah, you lost me there too.

I don't know much about ratings, but I thought this episode did a little better than the first two of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly by guy
                              Didn't they have baseball this time last year when the ratings were ummm.... high. The CW has only maintained ratings for SV that equal last seasons Oracle and Vessel ( which did a million less viewers than Commencement).

I guess we can wait a few more episodes for the final determination of what season 6 is doing. Baseball will be over and hopefully, the CW will be seen in more markets or on Direct TV. I wonder if by the first hiatus the show will be getting the great comeback buzz of last season. My two cents worth, "H### NO."
                              It depends on the game, who is playing whom, plus although there was baseball during this time Last season, I dont remeber if there was an actual game during SV time slot. Specially considering NY (the #1 viewer market in US) has a team in the finals (Mets). And last week during SV the Mets were playing the LA Dodger (LA is the #2 viewer market) So you have a male population 18-25 (a large part of SVīs core fandom) that is interested in baseball and are living in the #1 and #2 viewer market cities and their teams are playing each other, and add the rivalry that has always existed between any NY team and LA team, heck even in rap bussines that rivalry is evident. That definetively has to hit your ratings.

And a fact I consider that shouldnt be ignored is that ALL the shows in the CW lost a proportional amount of ratings since the networks merged.
                              Last edited by Kal-ed; 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
                                On a different subject.....and in regards to your "Dumb-el of Krypton"......I was rewatching "Extinction" (as it re-aired last Saturday) and I noticed something I really miss from the first couple of seasons.....and Intelligent Clark. There's this one scene in particular where Chloe & Clark are bouncing detective ideas off each other and they both reached the truth together. They pieced the puzzle together! Yes, they figured out that it was a "Smavllville's version of a hate crime".....It was so cool. This just absolutely re-affirms my belief that just because Chloe's Smart.....it doesn't mean they have to write Clark as a dumb-el.....or vice a versa.
                                I agree, they write Clark like his brain is a rock. He RARELY, if ever (help me out here .. ) solves a problem on his own. I mean, friends are great to help out, but at this point, it seems like Clark is CHLOE'S sidekick, not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎