Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costumes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the Lex as Caesar thing (I think he was Caesar and not Antony). Not that he necessarily looked the best, but that it was the most meaningful.

Comment

I liked Lana's costume, but Lex is a close second.

Comment

I agree about Lana's make-up though...she looked too golden. Too overly fake-tanned. Kind of scary. But she's pretty anyway, so...yeah.

Comment

I think Lana was some sort of Egyptian queen...didn't ancient Egyptian royalty use lots of gold-colored make-up (as seen on those Mummy movies)?

and who's Maid Marion?

Comment

Originally posted by omegadirective
            I think Lana was some sort of Egyptian queen...didn't ancient Egyptian royalty use lots of gold-colored make-up (as seen on those Mummy movies)?

and who's Maid Marion?
            Lana was Cleopatra, who was once coupled with Caesar, who I believe Lex was supposed to be. Maid Marion (sigh) is Robin Hood's love interest. OQ was supposed to be dressed as Robin Hood, hence Lois calling him Robin, though we all know that his costume purposely looked like the Silver Age Green Arrow. Of course, the whole persona of the Green Arrow was copied from Robin Hood so there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by manofsteel30
              Lana was Cleopatra, who was once coupled with Caesar, who I believe Lex was supposed to be. Maid Marion (sigh) is Robin Hood's love interest. OQ was supposed to be dressed as Robin Hood, hence Lois calling him Robin, though we all know that his costume purposely looked like the Silver Age Green Arrow. Of course, the whole persona of the Green Arrow was copied from Robin Hood so there you have it.
              I said before that the costume of Cleopatra suited Lana, but I take it back! I wasn't paying close attention, I guess!
              First of all the costume was awful, a basic white modern dress with a few props, well that's not a costume, that's just an ugly evening gown! Not to boast but my hobby is egyptian culture and history especially the antient time, and the costume was such a offense to anything and everything representing Egypt's and Cleopatra's past;....it was simply awful! And Lana looked weak in it!
              She ismply didn't own it, not that there was anything to own where that costume was concerned! A better choice would have been to go as Pocahontas!
              Now Cordelia Chase (from Angel) could have pulled of a Cleopatra costume to such an extent that you would have believed that she was an reincarnation of Cleopatra, but Lana........NO WAY!
              Secondly, Lex going as Alexander, talk about being a megalomaniac, wow Freud would have had a field day with him! Sorry Lex, but you are no Alexander the Great!
              As for Lois and Olliver, well they actually had nice costumes, which suited their personalities very well! I don't say this very offten about Lois, but she looked nice!
              As for Lana, well, I am betting that Cleopatra is on her way to haunt her for what she did!
              Last edited by umm; 10-16-2006, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I liked Lois' costume the best, she looked absolutely stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                  I liked Lois' costume the best, she looked absolutely stunning.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by umm

Secondly, Lex going as Alexander, talk about being a megalomaniac, wow Freud would have had a field day with him! Sorry Lex, but you are no Alexander the Great!
                    I don't think Lex was going as Alexander the Great. I'm actually pretty sure he was Julius Caesar. That looked like a pretty cheesy knock-off of what a Roman general of the time might have worn, plus Caesar had an affair with Cleopatra.

Comment

I found all costumes were very fitting. Pointed out their characters boldly. Especially Lex's, the Roman armor definitely says a lot about him.

Comment

Originally posted by TampaVille
                        I don't think Lex was going as Alexander the Great. I'm actually pretty sure he was Julius Caesar. That looked like a pretty cheesy knock-off of what a Roman general of the time might have worn, plus Caesar had an affair with Cleopatra.
                        Doesn't matter! Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar or Marc Antonius, no matter which one of these three great and strong people he was trying to portray, it didn't work, he looked pathetic and weak doing it!

Comment

Lois

Comment

I'm wonder, if Clark had came to Lex's party who would he dress up as? Zorro! Carlos

Comment

Lana's costume was the best and it fit her. The exotic queen Cleopatra making an entrance and stealing the show. I just was more drawn to hers because of the exotic nature while everyone else was just in boring western wear.

Comment

Martha - she looked so exquisitely radiant.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎