Mistakes in Wither

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing that I COULD NOT get over was how at the hospital, the vine poked into an electrical socket and it only destroyed a small piece of the branch. Yet, later, Chloe kills the whole freakin' bush with a hand-held taser? Not buyin' it!

Also, Lex has cameras watching his cameras, yet he doesn't have one in his greenhouse? But wait, how did he know Clark was there? But wait, wouldn't he see Clark's showdown with the Krypto-chick? Hmm.

Lois as Maid Marian, though, WOW!!
    Last edited by jimintn; 10-15-2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

dunno if this is a mistake
      when the plant gets electrocuted, it turns to black dust (or whatever it is)
      so jimmy was infected and chloe saved him, does that mean his body's full of dust?

Comment

Originally posted by manofsteel30
        All was crap. And yes, Lex has had women living with him and even Lana knows this so it's not just that he's lying or trying to make her feel better. She's a twit yes, but this is one time when she should have called someone on a blatant lie!
        Yah I was waiting for us to hear lex thinking
        i hope lana doesn't remember all the women that have lived here and lana thinking um didn't lex marry some of theose other women oh well I'll play dumb.

Comment

Ok so you guys aren't so much complaining about actual mistakes like factual errors...but just thinks you disliked about it, hence making it a mistake? So would keeping Lana in the series just count as one huge mistake, or should I mention it in every episode

Comment

the main mistake in this episode is! LANA SLEPT WIV LEX!! thats like the biggest mistake hehe :P but bout the tops not having any holes in...well he might have gone home quickly n got a new pair exactly the same ...maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by jimintn
              The one thing that I COULD NOT get over was how at the hospital, the vine poked into an electrical socket and it only destroyed a small piece of the branch. Yet, later, Chloe kills the whole freakin' bush with a hand-held taser? Not buyin' it!

Also, Lex has cameras watching his cameras, yet he doesn't have one in his greenhouse? But wait, how did he know Clark was there? But wait, wouldn't he see Clark's showdown with the Krypto-chick? Hmm.
              Okay, good! That taser comment is great!

To further your comments about Lex and the greenhouse, how is it Lex was able to sneak up on our super-hearing Clarkie? Did he happen to already be in the greenhouse and Clark just didn't see him?

To answer someone else's question about the black dust being inside Jimmy, the vine turned to black dust, not the seeds inside the human's stomach. The electricity de-natured the seeds' enzymes, right?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarmaster15
                the main mistake in this episode is! LANA SLEPT WIV LEX!! thats like the biggest mistake hehe :P but bout the tops not having any holes in...well he might have gone home quickly n got a new pair exactly the same ...maybe...
                *sticks tongue out* Lexana rules! That is NOT a mistake! Go Lexana!

And the Luv Clana/Hate Lexana, you can hate Lexana, which is getting together for the first time, yet love Clana, which has been going on/off on/off forever and is totaly annoying? Seems strange...

Comment

^ That doesn't make any sense. Just because Lex and Lana are getting together for the first time, and Clark and Lana have been on and off, doesn't mean that it's strange for someone to like the latter. And if they love Clana I really doubt they thought it was annoying like you do

Anyway, I also had a small problem with Lex telling Lana he's never asked a woman to move in with him and the fact that she believed him, how could she not remember Helen or I think Desiree Atkins?

Comment

Is it just me or did Lana ignore Lois in the party?

Comment

^ Perhaps their costumes were so good, they didn't recognize each other?

Comment

Originally posted by kazek
                        According to the most recent explanation of Superman's powers, Superman derives his super-powers, in part, from the peculiar radiations of Earth's yellow sun. That being said, he is 100% invulnerable as long as he is on Earth. How then were those vines able to penentrate his skin ? And to note that he also passed out....
                        I know this was supposed to be some weird alien chic but she had nothing to do with Kryptonite. This was not a mistake but I found it kind of odd the way they deviated....

According to the most recent explanation of Superman's powers, Superman derives his super-powers, in part, from the peculiar radiatio
                        You're right that Earth's yellow sun gives Clark his powers, but this only makes him invunerable to dangers from this solar system (and I guess others like it). Clark comes from a solar system with a red dwarf at the centre where the density of gravity is much greater. I suppose we have to assume (even though we are not told) that the weird alien chick comes from somewhere similar, in which case her powers and the powers of her plant will be heightened under a yellow sun. Don't forget, kryptonite isn't the only thing that can harm Clark on Earth. If other Kryptonians can, then it's safe to assume other aliens can too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Dance
                          You're right that Earth's yellow sun gives Clark his powers, but this only makes him invunerable to dangers from this solar system (and I guess others like it). Clark comes from a solar system with a red dwarf at the centre where the density of gravity is much greater.
                          You know too much!

Originally posted by kazek
                          According to the most recent explanation of Superman's powers, Superman derives his super-powers, in part, from the peculiar radiations of Earth's yellow sun. That being said, he is 100% invulnerable as long as he is on Earth.
                          Superman does get his energy source from our sun (which in turn charges his powers) though it does not make him totally invulnerable to everything within our system;

Magic is probably the main weakness of Superman (not including outside elements remember), which we have seen in Smallville (Spell).

Also Clark has been hit around a fair bit by FOTW's and aliens alike, proveing shear strength can be enough to hurt him too.

Objects also can be sharp enough to cut Clark, though they tend to fall under the magic or alien type - it still proves he can be cut.

Now we don't know much about the woman's origin, though most prisoners it's safe to assume broke Krypton law at some point, so must have been on Krypton or a neighbouring planet - so they could quite easy have some Kryptonite like qualities/powers.

I think it’s safe to assume the woman’s powers and vines fall under one or more of the above weaknesses of Superman/Clark. But in any case it would have been a dull battle if Clark was able to over power her too easily.
                          Last edited by psycosis; 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psycosis
                            You know too much!
                            Haha! I've been reading up - gotta try and keep up with comics experts like yourself!
                            I've found Dorling Kindersley's Ultimate Guide to the Man of Steel very enlightening.
                            Also Clark has been hit around a fair bit by FOTW's and aliens alike, proveing shear strength can be enough to hurt him too.
                            Of course! I forgot about the meteor freaks - whoops!
                            I think it’s safe to assume the woman’s powers and vines fall under one or more of the above weaknesses of Superman/Clark. But in any case it would have been a dull battle if Clark was able to over power her too easily.
                            To be honest, it was fairly dull anyway!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎