Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep. 2.03 - Bloodlust

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode! I liked that we got to see a bit of emotion from Dean. Though that scene when he cut the vampires head off, was beyond disturbing, Sam's face says it all in that scene. I also liked how Sam called Dean on why he was hanging out with Gordon. It was surprising when Dean punched Sam, but I guess it was coming. Dean has to get his anger out somehow.
    I liked the whole shades of gray thing, and I find it interesting that Sam is the one who's able to see that and distinguish that things aren't always black and white.
    As an overall episode it wasn't that scary, but I liked the storyline, and last week's episode with the clowns was enough scariness for a couple of episodes lol.

Comment

Wow, everyone really liked Amber's guest appearance. Haven't heard one bad thing about it yet (despite Ryan's not liking the 'shark teeth'--hehe, great visual there, Ryan!). Everyone obviously wants her back so here's hoping Kripke agrees to that. Maybe for May sweeps?

Comment

Agreed. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Lenore or Ellen. And I have to agree again more and more I'm finding myslef looking forward to SN more than SV. There's no stupid love story to get shoved down our throats and the continuity is a hundred times better.

Comment

Loved Amber Benson in the episode. Although the twist that the Vampires were "good" was predictable, it was a nice twist.

Agreed that Gordon represented what Dean could become if he is unchecked. I think Dean saw that himself. Even Sam saw it to some extent. Loved that Sam confronted Dean with the father figure situation.

I am finding the episodes a little slow this season, with the exception of the first episode of the season, but part of that is because they've put the main mystery on hold in order to deal with the death of Papa Winchester.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
            Loved Amber Benson in the episode. Although the twist that the Vampires were "good" was predictable, it was a nice twist.

Agreed that Gordon represented what Dean could become if he is unchecked. I think Dean saw that himself. Even Sam saw it to some extent. Loved that Sam confronted Dean with the father figure situation.

I am finding the episodes a little slow this season, with the exception of the first episode of the season, but part of that is because they've put the main mystery on hold in order to deal with the death of Papa Winchester.
            Glad to hear it Jen!

I thought I was the only one who was finding this season to be a bit slow.

Comment

I'm really enjoying rewatching these episodes. The first time through I was so obsessed, I watched them back to back constantly so I didn't have time to comment on all the parts I loved.

This episode, I really think Jared shined in. Sam's argument with Dean was impressive. Watching Jared act it, I was just trying to figure out how he can get so fully immersed in his character. His entire demeanor and everything he said to Dean just screamed Sammy. As far as what he said goes, I can see that everyone admired the "father figure" aspect to his speech, but I didn't find that part paramount. I really liked when Dean said "If it’s supernatural, we kill it. End of story. That’s our job." I was so proud of Sammy for setting him straight "No, Dean, that’s not our job. Our job is hunting evil." His whole argument was awesome. Sam is so intelligent!

Now everyone knows how much I love Dean, but it really broke my heart and made me furious when he punched Sam. To turn on your brother like that is cold. I know they bicker and sometimes they take it farther into a real "fight". But I hated seeing Dean lash out at Sammy like that. He didn't deserve it.....

Of course I always adore the scene when Sammy tells Gordon (staring at him intently he nods in Dean's direction) "He's the only one who gets to call me that". Love it...love it...love it!

Last but not least, of course I have something to say about Jensen. *sighs* His eyes looked so incredibly green when he and Sammy were talking over the hood of the impala in the final scene. I wanted to drown in them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetOne
                Now everyone knows how much I love Dean, but it really broke my heart and made me furious when he punched Sam. To turn on your brother like that is cold. I know they bicker and sometimes they take it farther into a real "fight". But I hated seeing Dean lash out at Sammy like that. He didn't deserve it.....
                I agree, Britt! We all knew what strain Dean was under but to hit Sammy...? But, as they say "you always hurt the one you love".

Of course I always adore the scene when Sammy tells Gordon (staring at him intently he nods in Dean's direction) "He's the only one who gets to call me that". Love it...love it...love it!
                ah yes, this scene is much loved by Sammygirls! In that one instant it became canon that only Dean gets to call him Sammy (though Papa Winchester did it as well before his death).

Last but not least, of course I have something to say about Jensen. *sighs* His eyes looked so incredibly green when he and Sammy were talking over the hood of the impala in the final scene. I wanted to drown in them!!!
                Jensen did look beautiful in that scene, didn't he? As they pan back it actually looks for a minute as if he has a halo as well. Very pretty.

Comment

Good episode. Once again it shows Dean's emotional side. The writers are just exploring different parts of the character's just now. It will only get better!

Oh yeah, great to see the CAR back!!! woohooooo!

Comment

This episode was better then last the last one by alot.Liked the plot,the way it showed that besides vampires there was a villan and it was kool that they brought ellen back.

Comment

This episode is good, in that it shows there ARE shades of grey, even among "monsters". They slowly built it up during season 2, and it's a very good idea. We see more of it, sort of, in Heart, and in that one about the priest who thought he was an angel. Cool idea, indeed.

Comment

Vampires again, hence not a fave epi.

Comment

Nice episode. Do you know the last song of this episode? Its so good. Its like a special soundrack of the show maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ebatcl
                            Vampires again, hence not a fave epi.
                            You may not enjoy season six then, haha.

Originally posted by Nostramore
                            Nice episode. Do you know the last song of this episode? Its so good. Its like a special soundrack of the show maybe?
                            Yah, it's music specifically for the series. Don't know what it's called though; maybe it's on the soundtrack for seasons 1-5.

Comment

I found the name of it. Its called "Oregon Town" by Jay Gruska. But its not on CD of soundtracks I think. I just cant stop hearing that music...I have to get it

Comment

omg! gordon is randall from this is us! i had no idea he acted for so long. makes me even prouder he's where he's at now.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎