Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Quote Thread for "Wither" (spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Clark and Martha Kent

Clark: Is that the invitation for the ball?

Martha: Yes. I just R.S.V.P'd. I hope Lex gets a good turn out.

Clark: I can't imagine anyone from Metropolis "Who's Who" list not showing up to help the families affected by Dark Thursday.

Martha: You know, I responded for two.

Clark: Thanks Mom, but costumes aren't really my thing. Besides, it's really not a place for a reunion, you know?

Martha: How do you feel about the 2 of them (Lex & Lana) together?

Clark: I don't know. It's like they're different people.

Martha: We all have our own way of moving on. Whether it's about growing up or just surviving.

Clark: Mom, I've just lost Lana, Dad and Jor-El. You don't see me as a different person.

Martha: Well, in a lot of ways I do, Clark. All those things that shape the person you are now...and the person you'll become.

2) Clark Kent and Lex Luthor

Clark: Seeds.

Lex: You always had an eye for beauty. It's Latin name Famositas Falsus "Beauty that belies a dark nature."

Clark: So even your plants have hidden agendas.

Lex: Well, I guess it all comes down to survival of the fittest. Doesn't it?

Clark: A strange vine has cropped over the ridge at Lone Pine. It's attacking people.

Lex: And naturally you came to my little shop of horrors to foil my ingenius plot to repopulate the planet with vegetation. Sorry, Clark. I am all out of evil. Lana must be a calming influence on me.

Clark: She's not gonna fit into your world, Lex.

Lex: Unlike you, I'm willing to do what it takes so she does (fit into my world).

Clark: You can keep fooling yourself that you've changed, but the closer you get to Lana, the closer she is to finding out who you really are.

Lex: The days of you showing up unannounced in my home are over. You are not welcome here. You found your way in, you can find your way out.

3) Lois Lane and Oliver Queen

Lois: So is this part of your sizing me up?

Oliver Queen: Well Miss Lane, honestly, that was a miscalculation.

Lois: Well, that would be my polite comment on your choice of legwear for this evening.

Oliver Queen: You have a quick tongue. I find that very attractive.

Lois: Well, keep it in your quiver, jolly green bandit. So, is your fortune a do-it-yourself, steal-from-the-rich kind or is it silver plattered like our host's?

Oliver Queen: It belonged to my parents. I inherited it when they died.

Lois: Well, I wasn't going to give it to you, but your tights --- you're totally pulling it off.

Lex: You should see him in a tutu.

Oliver Queen: Lex Luthor...With a girl he doesn't have to inflate.

Lex: Lana Lang, Oliver Queen. We went to boarding school together.

Oliver Queen (to Lex): Have you talked to the old gang lately?

Lex: Enjoy the party.

Oliver Queen: I always do.

Lana Lang: If that's a friend, I'd hate to see an enemy.

Lois: Senator Kent! Hi, I've been looking all over for you. I would like you to meet Oliver Queen.

Martha Kent: Mr. Queen, it's nice to finally meet you.

Oliver Queen: The pleasures all mine. So Lois has been telling me about your policy points. We should get together and talk about how I can help you.

Martha Kent: I'm looking forward to that, thank you.

Oliver Queen: Thank Lois. She can be very persuasive.

4) Lana and Lex

At the Luthor's Ball

Lex (to Lana): I'm glad you came.

Lana: So am I.

Lex: I thought I might have frightened you off.

Lana: You'll have to come up with better scare tactics.

Later, at Lex's Mansion

Lex: This is definitely a night of firsts.

Lana: How's that?

Lex: Well, it's the first time I have ever danced in my pretentious fountain. And it's the first time I have ever felt this...satisfied.

Lana: I was half-expecting the word "happy" to come out of your mouth.

Lex: Happiness is just a feeling of euphoria. It's your brain chemistry going into overdrive. That's why so many relationships fail when the honeymoon ends and reality sets in.

Lana: Wow, have you always been such a romantic?

Lex: If you were any other woman, I'd be saying everything you expect to hear right now, but you're not, okay? You are not like anyone else.

Lana: Well, careful, because I'm dangerously close to being satisfied.

Lex: Then my evil plan is working. So, what made you change your mind about gracing my arm tonight?

Lana: Life --- wanting to live it.

Comment

clark to lex "even your plants have hidden agendas"

Comment

"Peanuts? I'm allergic..."

"Try to remember that sometime..all I'm saying is-" (Oliver presents apple) "Childhood bobbing trauma?"

"Are you hungry?" Lois stands in blank silence. "No." easily my favorite conversation

~K

Comment

"Lex: The days of you showing up unannounced in my home are over. You are not welcome here. You found your way in, you can find your way out."

Great line at the time, but when you consider it took him ... six ... years to basically tell him not to trespass, and that he actually had to spell it out to Clark -- it's hilarious! Did he have a skeleton key or memorized Lex's security access code? Clark's been at the Luthor mansion so many times, unannounced, uninvited over several seasons. Lex must have been thinking: why not just pick up a pool cue, Clark, and play a few games on my billiards table while you are here and pour yourself a cola on the rocks from my personal mini-bar?

JK taught Clark many things. Guest etiquette wasn't one of them!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎