No announcement yet.

Things that confused me about Reckoning

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that confused me about Reckoning

I really liked Reckoning, but some things really confused me.

*It seemed almost like a dream, like Lexmas. Clark suddenly out of the blue decides to tell Lana the truth? No build up, nada (despite the overkill on the subject)? Strange. Very strange.
    *Clark PROPOSING to Lana? Um, excuse me. It seems to me that just a few short weeks ago JK was freaking out about them consummating their love! And now, what, MARRIAGE? Clark suddenly out of the blue telling his parents he proposed? What about college?
    *The huge deal they made about Clark telling the truth...but Clark only gave the edited highlights. He only said that he was an alien from the planet Krypton, nothing about the meteor shower, or how he inadvertently caused it, and Lana, the queen of asking questions and wanting the truth never bothered to ask? How unlikely.
    *Lana saying yes, just like that. If you found out your boyfriend was an alien, you'd surely need some time to think it over, at least!
    *The whole Smallville goes Final Destination thing, with Who Can Cheat Death. It just seemed a little odd.
    *The weird look Jonathan gave Lana as he was driving by in the blue truck, before he died. Wth?
    *Clark flying. Clark never flew before as Clark. Huh?
    *The back-and-forth in time thing. It reminded me of this movie I saw once, which I loved, but it was also very un-SV like.
    *Clark not trying to save JK. Okay, we know he couldn't have, but he didn't even try. It was not like him.
    *Lana pushing Lex away. Is the girl CRAZY? (okay, that's just IMO.)

Any explanations? =) I hope I'm just having a blonde moment.
    Last edited by black-onyx; 10-08-2006, 05:22 PM.

*It seemed almost like a dream, like Lexmas. Clark suddenly out of the blue decides to tell Lana the truth? No build up, nada (despite the overkill on the subject)? Strange. Very strange.
    - Clark finally realized that it was tell Lana or dump Lana. The build up was seasons 1 through 5.

*Clark PROPOSING to Lana? Um, excuse me. It seems to me that just a few short weeks ago JK was freaking out about them consummating their love! And now, what, MARRIAGE? Clark suddenly out of the blue telling his parents he proposed? What about college?
    - Not everyone needs post-secondary education, especially if Clark plans to run the farm when he's older.

*The huge deal they made about Clark telling the truth...but Clark only gave the edited highlights. He only said that he was an alien from the planet Krypton, nothing about the meteor shower, or how he inadvertently caused it, and Lana, the queen of asking questions and wanting the truth never bothered to ask? How unlikely.
    - Lana was most likely overwhelmed, seeing as how she was just told her boyfriend was an alien and whatnot. She was obviously speechless.

*Lana saying yes, just like that. If you found out your boyfriend was an alien, you'd surely need some time to think it over, at least!
    - I would marry my boyfriend in an instant; alien or not.

*The whole Smallville goes Final Destination thing, with Who Can Cheat Death. It just seemed a little odd.
    - Every episode is different.

*The weird look Jonathan gave Lana as he was driving by in the blue truck, before he died. Wth?
    - Jonathan's future daughter-in-law was standing on the side of the highway with his son's exbestfriend and his current political enemy when she should have been with her fiance celebrating Jonathan's victory. I'd give her a look too.

*Clark flying. Clark never flew before as Clark. Huh?
    - Who's to say if he flew or jumped - it could be either or.

*The back-and-forth in time thing. It reminded me of this movie I saw once, which I loved, but it was also very un-SV like.
    - Smallville is based on Superman, and in Superman, there is back and forth time scenes.

*Clark not trying to save JK. Okay, we know he couldn't have, but he didn't even try. It was not like him.
    - Clark is superstrong with X-ray vision; he's not a doctor. There's very little you can do when someone is having a heartattack.

Comment

The thing that confused me most in this episode was why Lois was laying in the kitchen the second time around with water on the floor and an electrical appliance about to go off. They didn't make it out to seem like it was malicious intent by anyone so I don't understand how/why she got that way? Can someone explain that lol?

Comment

This confused me too until I rewatched it a couple times. The reason Lois was lying like that was because in the first time around, Lana came to see Lois to have a chat with her about Clark. While Lana was there, she realized that Lois was about to fall off the chair she was standing on, and so she helped Lois before she fell. The second time around, Lana had no reason to come talk to Lois, so she therefore wasn't there to help her not fall, and therefore Lois fell down and was lying unconscious for a while before she was found.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorRequiem2
          This confused me too until I rewatched it a couple times. The reason Lois was lying like that was because in the first time around, Lana came to see Lois to have a chat with her about Clark. While Lana was there, she realized that Lois was about to fall off the chair she was standing on, and so she helped Lois before she fell. The second time around, Lana had no reason to come talk to Lois, so she therefore wasn't there to help her not fall, and therefore Lois fell down and was lying unconscious for a while before she was found.

Hope that helps.

Oh! Ok now I get it. I too was confused about the Lois scene. Thanks for clearing it up LuthorRequiem2.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowdy
            The thing that confused me most in this episode was why Lois was laying in the kitchen the second time around with water on the floor and an electrical appliance about to go off. They didn't make it out to seem like it was malicious intent by anyone so I don't understand how/why she got that way? Can someone explain that lol?
            that's easy Jor-EL said Clark would lose somebody he loves :P

Clark just doesn't know he loves her yet, the BDA

Comment

Hey im new here anything else u want to talk about

I like you deductoin

Comment

Lex was running against Jonathan for state Senator. There was no indication given that he'd pulled out of the race early so it was touch and go right up until the announcement that Jonathan had won. Jonathan and his supporters were already at his election night party at the Talon so there would have either been celebrations for the victory or disappointment and some token congratulatory words from the defeated candidate towards the victor following a defeat. However, Lex was holed up at the Luthor mansion downing glass after glass of Scotch. Did he not have an election party of his own? Had he pulled out of the race and the writers forgot to tell us? Had he forgotten that it was election night? Had he fired all his campaign staff?

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎