Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hate it? What did you think of Sneeze?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBCorp
    You know, I feel the exact same way you do about the pacing of the episode. I kept thinking it was off too and there wasn't much cohesion to it. It was a bit disappointing after the great episode we had last week. And the Lex plotline didn't really seem all that important or needed to the episode...I don't know, I just did't see the point of that particular plotline, except to have more Lexana scenes. Bah. I just wished that they had concentrated more on Clark getting superbreath, since that was really the best part of the episode.

And what does it say when I like Chlark scenes better than Lex scenes?
    trust ur not alone,at first I was hyped cause an episode dealin wit lex and superbreath but then thought the lex storyline wasn't necessary.They didn't really focus too much on the power like I wanted either,but the chlark moments I agree were great,so were the clois moments too.

o yea MBCorp,2 weeks in a row where u like the chlark moments yep ur official in the club now.theres no turnin back now haha naw j/k
    Last edited by D.M.A.; 10-05-2006, 07:04 PM.

Comment

clark blew the clouds away for lois

Comment

I really enjoyed it, but I thought there was some weak acting (sorry to Justin Hartley, I think he's a good actor, but the first scene with Lionel was kind of blah and started him off on the wrong foot). Also, the pace felt a little off to me. Other than that, the continuity was great, the new power was great, it had plenty of humor, and they really set up the JLA plotline well.

Overall: 4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Flash_85
          Just watch the show for entertainment and stop trying to do some critical analysis on the characters.
          Excuse me, I'm not trying to do a critical analysis of the characters. If I were doing a critical analysis of the characters I would have been completely satisified. The character development was good. It was the pace that was maddening.

Originally posted by gbrewer83
          Yeah the pace was kinda off, and I hate to say this but it doesn't seem like the actors are putting alot into their performances as of late. I mean they all use give it their all, or it could be the writing. Just hopping the season will get better as it goes along.
          I agree but I think it was the dialogue. It seemed like whoever wrote the episode didn't really know the characters.
          Last edited by RamonaE; 10-05-2006, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I didn't care much for this episode. The only scenes I really enjoyed were the cousin scenes between Chloe & Lois, the superbreath plot, and the Chlark scene at the end. Whether it's meant to be friendship or romantic I don't know, but it was cute.

Now on to things I didn't like...

Justin Hartley can't act. Sorry, but he was totally flat in that scene with Glover and the scene at the end with his minion.

Lexana is still one of the worst things about this show and it's really making me dislike Lex scenes. Last week made me like Lana, but this week made me dislike her again, and to my horror I find myself starting to dislike Lex too. Which is sad, considering he was once my favorite character. The Lexana plotline seemed kind of pointless though and they are seriously one warped, messed up couple. There should have been more attention on superbreath and less attention on them.

The whole episode seemed off and badly paced.

I'm happy that they've started getting Lois into journalism but I really do wish that they would have written it better. It was actually kind of lightswitchy, to be honest.

Eh, I can't even think of anything else to say about it.

Comment

No Bruce Wayne, so, they use Oliver Queen. Not bad. I'm just going to pretend that Batman Begins recently happened and Oliver Queen is inspired by the Batman to become a vigilante. Smallville and Batman Begins could both be tying in since they are both beginings of sorts.

Comment

They tried to make the episode too comical (one of the reasons season 4 was a failure) and it didn't work. They lingered with the barn door way too long. They should have had him blowing the door off and after that no more comedy. The villians didn't get the proper screentime and were barely developed. There was too much going on. Last time Lex was strapped down that I remember was in Asylum, and we knew what the villians there (Ian & Eric) were after. They could have shown level 33, and instead they wasted precious screentime on junk. The only part of the episode that intrigued me was when Lana discovered the cameras. I thought for a second that she may see Clark doing his thing.

I think the main problems were comedy and lack of villian development. Smallville is not a comedy. It should be aiming for fans of action, comics, and drama. If it strays from this, it will fail miserably.

Comment

It was very comical wasn't it? There was something about the writing that didn't make sense.

Comment

It was great I loved it And Olliver/GA was awesome

Comment

Episode was ok. I'm not a Chlark fan but the scenes between them were definately good. Lexana still adds pain to each episode. And watching Lana act the way she does towards clark is also painful cause its just not the way her character has been developed. The green arrow has my interest for the time being so we'll see where that goes.

Comment

Way too comical. And I thought some of it was stupid. I didn't like the way the door landed and Lois' reaction. I would have liked it better had they done it like the tractor he tossed in Perry.

The writing was off with Lex's plot. I had no idea what the serum was for. What happened to the bad guy? Why did he have blood all over his face at the end? What about Level 33? They should have gone further into why Clark was sick. They should have also shown more of Clark struggling with his "cold".

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                          Way too comical. And I thought some of it was stupid. I didn't like the way the door landed and Lois' reaction. I would have liked it better had they done it like the tractor he tossed in Perry.

The writing was off with Lex's plot. I had no idea what the serum was for. What happened to the bad guy? Why did he have blood all over his face at the end? What about Level 33? They should have gone further into why Clark was sick. They should have also shown more of Clark struggling with his "cold".

I think he had blood all over his face because Lex bashed his head into his. I'm guessing his nose broke or something.

Comment

One of the best episodes of the last 2 yrs, it is in my top 5. I liked how they were able to fit so much into a 45 minute episode.

Comment

Good episode.

Good points:
                              - Humor factor b/w CK and Chloe.
                              - Lionel being the MB.
                              - New super power.
                              - Lois interested in journalism.
                              - Lex is proven to be a sicko.
                              - Oliver Queen is starting to investagating CK.
                              - Martha Kent playing her role flawlessly.
                              - Continutity.

Bad points:
                              - Oliver Queen is settled up in a rat hole.
                              - Super breath didnt "freeze" anything.

8/10

Comment

Eh, not particularly good, IMO. Not bad, really, just okay.

I liked Clark blowing away the clouds - it was so nice to see him enjoy a power for once. Was glad Lex didn't seem to be the one saving Lana's life when it was really Clark (that's already happened twice, right?).

Liked the sfx with superbreath.

Thought the beginning with Lois and Martha and Clark trying to dissuade her was funny.

Other than that, I was bored.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎