No announcement yet.

Lois and Journalism?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chlarklove
    "Lois" also said Chloe was jealous of her. And where does she get off saying that? What exactly should Chloe be jealous of??
    Absolutely nothing

Comment

Ok by no means am I a EDLois fan..but if I was I would be pissed. I would want more development than that and to have the moment she realizes her destiny to be treated as more than comic relief and so light and fluffy and lightswitchy..even chloe and clark gave her wtf? looks....It just seems so...off.

If I was a EDLois fan I would be pissed bc I would think that as ILL she deserves more--a better more realistc way to transition into her destiny.

Also the whole calling the DP a "pseudo intellectual rag" is not cool...I wouldnt want a Lois Lane that bad mouths her dream paper...

Comment

I'm glad she finally taken that step.

Comment

eh at least she's writing something... `=P

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
            How about this...they make "The Iconic Clark Kent" a complete moron most of the time, he dropped out of school, thinks his powers are a curse and who refuses to accept his destiny. Fans are pissed about that but they are still watching. Lois' transition to journalism is just as bad as the character development for every other character on this show, IMO.
            And yet...we weren't talking about every other character on this show. We're talking about Lois. That's some mighty powerful deflection.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
              How about this...they make "The Iconic Clark Kent" a complete moron most of the time, he dropped out of school, thinks his powers are a curse and who refuses to accept his destiny. Fans are pissed about that but they are still watching. Lois' transition to journalism is just as bad as the character development for every other character on this show, IMO.
              Amen. They have done far worse for 5 seasons with Iconic Clark Kent/Superman who is by far the most important character.

The point is if they give that kind of development for the most vital character what can we except from the secondary characters?

Comment

I think that the journalism transition was handled so poorly that it made ED look like she didnt know her own role!

Bad writing VERY lightswitchy, it made her seem like she had a writing passion all this time. I was upset about that, rushed doesnt even begin to explain it.

Oh well....I guess i'll just be happy that she's a poor speller and a dream stealer

Comment

Well, she doesn't know it's her future paper yet. Remember, shes just starting out! Thats what people need to see. Shes not the Lois Lane at the DP YET.

Comment

This Iconic Lois Lane fan realizes you have to crawl before you can walk. I would've hated it more if that article was suddenly on the front page of the Daily Planet where it didn't deserve to be.

This Iconoic Lois Lane fan enjoys the irony of her insulting the Daily Planet, as much as she is insulting by the supposed Iconic Clark Kent's stupidity.
                    Last edited by Deana; 10-05-2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkeymonkey1981
                      Ok by no means am I a EDLois fan..but if I was I would be pissed. I would want more development than that and to have the moment she realizes her destiny to be treated as more than comic relief and so light and fluffy and lightswitchy..even chloe and clark gave her wtf? looks....It just seems so...off.

If I was a EDLois fan I would be pissed bc I would think that as ILL she deserves more--a better more realistc way to transition into her destiny.

Also the whole calling the DP a "pseudo intellectual rag" is not cool...I wouldnt want a Lois Lane that bad mouths her dream paper...
                      Its obvious she really doesnt feel that way considering the DP is the first place she went to publish her article.

Comment

"Lois" also said Chloe was jealous of her. And where does she get off saying that? What exactly should Chloe be jealous of??
                        Actually - that brings up a semi-related part that struck me. Now, first, I'm pretty sure Lois was just being facetious. BUT Chloe's response was odd. She said "I am jealous of you Lois but not for your writing abilities" - or something to that effect.

THAT made me do a double take.

And I agree with all that say Chlo-Lo is off this season. It's my favorite part of the show so I find it depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman_Beyond
                          Its obvious she really doesnt feel that way considering the DP is the first place she went to publish her article.
                          Good point. She was probably lashing out a little when she realized she didn't have a chance of getting published at the DP.

Comment

Yeah, thats what I was wondering.. what is Chloe jealous of?

Comment

Originally posted by SnarkMasterJ
                              And yet...we weren't talking about every other character on this show. We're talking about Lois. That's some mighty powerful deflection.
                              Well I think it's unfair to judge one character without taking the other characters into consideration. You can call it a deflection, I call it looking at the show as a whole and realizing what I am watching week after week. But if they can't get Clark right, the star character of this show, I'm not going to go nuts on Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by cotton candy girl
                                Good point. She was probably lashing out a little when she realized she didn't have a chance of getting published at the DP.
                                Her future self will

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎