TV Ratings for Sneeze.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

At lunch today, I ran into a lady who knows I watch Smallville because we both talked last December about how much we loved watching it with our husbands -- who work together.

She asked me if I was still watching it, I said, "Yeah, but--" that's all I got out before she said, "It's bugging you, too, huh?" I told her yes and she said she decided to watch it last Thursday just to see if it was getting any better, and her husband walked in (who used to be a huge fan, too) and looked at her funny. She said, "I was so embarrassed that he caught me watching it, because we always talk about how stupid the show is now."

Hmmmmm ....... well, I think that says a lot.

If Smallville now has "closet fans" who are embarrassed to still be watching, something has gone terribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ajfinn
      At lunch today, I ran into a lady who knows I watch Smallville because we both talked last December about how much we loved watching it with our husbands -- who work together.

She asked me if I was still watching it, I said, "Yeah, but--" that's all I got out before she said, "It's bugging you, too, huh?" I told her yes and she said she decided to watch it last Thursday just to see if it was getting any better, and her husband walked in (who used to be a huge fan, too) and looked at her funny. She said, "I was so embarrassed that he caught me watching it, because we always talk about how stupid the show is now."

If Smallville now has "closet fans" who are embarrassed to still be watching, something has gone terribly wrong.
      this is just too funny

Comment

No offense, but this is nothing new. I've heard other fans say the same thing for a long time now. For a good number of them & myself, it all depends on the episode as to whether there is any embrassment in saying we watch Smallville. In fact, I need look no further than the 2nd episode of the FIRST Season.....that's right........the one about BUG BOY! And to make matters worse, not only was he made to fall head over hells for the Pink Princess....like ZOD, he also desired to "mate" with her. Oh well, at least that was still better than the exploding baby, or Vampire College Girls Gone Wild. Exactly when did you become embarrased to watch this show? Just Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
          No offense, but this is nothing new. I've heard other fans say the same thing for a long time now. For a good number of them & myself, it all depends on the episode as to whether there is any embrassment in saying we watch Smallville. In fact, I need look no further than the 2nd episode of the FIRST Season.....that's right........the one about BUG BOY! And to make matters worse, not only was he made to fall head over hells for the Pink Princess....like ZOD, he also desired to "mate" with her. Oh well, at least that was still better than the exploding baby, or Vampire College Girls Gone Wild. Exactly when did you become embarrased to watch this show? Just Curious.

point taken

Comment

Originally posted by CK&CK
            Exactly when did you become embarrased to watch this show? Just Curious.
            I said that the lady I was talking to was embarassed about watching the show, not me. All ten of my friends who used to watch it aren't anymore, since Reckoning, so I'm alone now.

I guess I stick around hoping that the good will soon out weigh the annoying for me, on a consistant basis, but it's just not happening yet.

Honestly, though, Lexana grates on my nerves more than anything, in ANY show, ever has. So that will be the nail in the coffin for me if it continues much longer.

As a few more posters have said on these boards, why is Lexana suddenly the biggest plot on Smallville? Clark seems like a minor character right now, imo. Everything on the freaking show seems to be revolving around Lex. I'm just waiting for Jimmy Olsen to get tangled up with him, then we'll have to call the show "Lexville."

Comment

As a few more posters have said on these boards, why is Lexana suddenly the biggest plot on Smallville? Clark seems like a minor character right now, imo. Everything on the freaking show seems to be revolving around Lex. I'm just waiting for Jimmy Olsen to get tangled up with him, then we'll have to call the show "Lexville."
              I'm also annoyed by the emphasis on Lexana (probably one of my least favorite romances ever) but I think the reason why Lexana is such a big plot isn't because the show is revolving around Lex right now, but that's it's doing what it's always done and is revolving around Lana. That's why Lexana is the biggest plot on SV, because of tptb's obsession with Lana. Lexana is the new Clana, IMO. And frankly, as someone who was interested in Lex's storyline until recently, I find the whole Lexana plotline to be less about Lex and more about Lana and her problems.

Comment

Lanaville?

Comment

ScewedUpTheShowVille?

Comment

Originally posted by MBCorp
                    I'm also annoyed by the emphasis on Lexana (probably one of my least favorite romances ever) but I think the reason why Lexana is such a big plot isn't because the show is revolving around Lex right now, but that's it's doing what it's always done and is revolving around Lana. That's why Lexana is the biggest plot on SV, because of tptb's obsession with Lana. Lexana is the new Clana, IMO. And frankly, as someone who was interested in Lex's storyline until recently, I find the whole Lexana plotline to be less about Lex and more about Lana and her problems.
                    I think it comes down to this .... Clana fans hate the Lexana, Chlark & Chlois fans don't like it either (that I've seen) and many Lex fans hate it, too. Then we have Clark fans who never see much of HIM anymore, and Lana fans who would rather have her hook up with another list of meteor freaks than Lex . . . geez, WHO is happy about this pairing? A very small crowd, imo.

No wonder tptb are distancing fans. No matter how much we like other parts of the show, we are FORCED to watch this nauseating Lexana!
                    Last edited by ajfinn; 10-10-2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timester
                      Thanks. So we need to wait until next Tuesday to compare the numbers.
                      Here is the comparison

Sept 25 - Oct 1

Smallville 4.960 million
                      America's Next Top Model 4.680 million
                      Gilmore Girls 4.480 million
                      7th Heaven 4.190 million (big drop from fast nationals)
                      Smackdown 3.980 million
                      Supernatural 3.930 million
                      One Tree Hill 3.440 million
                      Girlfriends 2.740 million
                      The Game 2.60 million
                      Everybody Hates Chris 2.440 million
                      ANTM encore 2.43 million
                      All of Us 2.30 million
                      Runaway 2.180 million
                      Runaway encore 1.650 million

Oct 2 - Oct 8

America's Next Top Model--5.25 million
                      Gilmore Girls --4.62 million
                      Smallville--4.52 million
                      7th Heaven--4.17 million
                      Veronica Mars--3.36 million
                      Supernatural--3.34 million
                      One Tree Hill--3.09 million
                      Girlfriends--2.87 million
                      ANTM encore--2.72 million
                      The Game--2.69 million
                      All of Us--2.4 million
                      Everybody Hates Chris--2.36 million
                      Runaway 1.86 million

rankings link
                      Last edited by Best Episode - 321; 10-10-2006, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajfinn
                        I think it comes down to this .... Clana fans hate the Lexana, Chlark & Chlois fans don't like it either (that I've seen) and many Lex fans hate it, too. Then we have Clark fans who never see much of HIM anymore, and Lana fans who would rather have her hook up with another list of meteor freaks than Lex . . . geez, WHO is happy about this pairing? A very small crowd, imo.

No wonder tptb are distancing fans. No matter how much we like other parts of the show, we are FORCED to watch this nauseating Lexana!

too funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
                          Here is the comparison

Sept 25 - Oct 1

Smallville 4.960 million
                          America's Next Top Model 4.680 million
                          Gilmore Girls 4.480 million
                          7th Heaven 4.190 million (big drop from fast nationals)
                          Smackdown 3.980 million
                          Supernatural 3.930 million
                          One Tree Hill 3.440 million
                          Girlfriends 2.740 million
                          The Game 2.60 million
                          Everybody Hates Chris 2.440 million
                          ANTM encore 2.43 million
                          All of Us 2.30 million
                          Runaway 2.180 million
                          Runaway encore 1.650 million

Oct 2 - Oct 8

America's Next Top Model--5.25 million
                          Gilmore Girls --4.62 million
                          Smallville--4.52 million
                          7th Heaven--4.17 million
                          Veronica Mars--3.36 million
                          Supernatural--3.34 million
                          One Tree Hill--3.09 million
                          Girlfriends--2.87 million
                          ANTM encore--2.72 million
                          The Game--2.69 million
                          All of Us--2.4 million
                          Everybody Hates Chris--2.36 million
                          Runaway 1.86 million

rankings link
                          Seems like the fluctuation only afected the male fan base (baseball) ANTM and GG have a solid female audience.

I watched the game too, I dont get the CW though, so really no choice.

And sorry it became a ship discussion, the truth is, the only problem of the show is that they created a huge Ship based fandom, and with that comes problems cause your core fandom can never be happy. You got Chlarkers, Clarmy and most recently Cloisers, and if your main plot is about a ship (any one ship), then you make the other two ship groups to loose interest, if you change to another ship again you loose the other 2 groups, you can never satisfy them all, only the ones that dont care about the ships

If the show had, from the begining set its main focus on Clarks journey towards becoming superman and stayed on it then it would have maybe not higher ratings but more consistant ones. But with ships you can never satisfy your whole fan base, cause you divided them. Like they sayd Divide and Conquer, so i guess SV divided their own fandom and the Other shows came to conquer.

And a lot of it at that, I rewatched both Zod and Sneeze and skiped every Lexana bit, which left me with about 25 minutes of show (a tad more than half but consider its one couple taking the rest of the airtime.) The focus is to big on Lexana, its not even about i we like it or not, its about the show becoming about it that is troubling. I liked the other parts of the episodes, I like this new Clark not good but on his way to being good (hope he stays like that) and the humor in some scenes (the fake sneeze) its just refreshing to see Clark not pinning about Lana and whether your a Clanaist or not IMO the brooding is irritating.

And if I hear Lana demanding the truth and honesty one more time I will shoot my self
                          Last edited by Kal-ed; 10-10-2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kal-ed
                            And if I hear Lana demanding the truth and honesty one more time I will shoot my self
                            It does help take your mind off it.....at least until you run out of AMO. My advice......make each shot count.

Comment

• Final number for Sneeze.....4.5 million viewers

it even went down from 4.6 *hump smiley* we're on the right track this season

Comment

• Originally posted by tmkfan
                                Final number for Sneeze.....4.5 million viewers

it even went down from 4.6 *hump smiley* we're on the right track this season
                                Maybe not, looks at Wither's ratings.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎