Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBCorp
    Most people probably weren't even aware about the superbreath plot since the CW didn't even bother to promote it.
    Why should that matter when Zod was so awesome! GO ZOD GO!

Comment

It matters because after 6 years people start to think that they can miss a week or two and just start watching again and pickup right where they left off. It is The CW's job to make people want to watch it. Trailers need to make people have an affective response. Like they have to watch because they might miss something if they don't watch.

Comment

The reason the ratings are so low is due to the fact that the CW does not broadcast to all States. Hawaii has been left out completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Best Episode - 321
          It matters because after 6 years people start to think that they can miss a week or two and just start watching again and pickup right where they left off.
          If people think that, that's not TheCW's fault but the writing team of Smallville for throwing away plots and important details like they don't ever matter!

Also CW did promote this episode as the episode Clark gets a power, over the radio. I recall hearing it and I barely ever listen to the radio.

Originally posted by gmg
          The reason the ratings are so low is due to the fact that the CW does not broadcast to all States. Hawaii has been left out completely.
          That doesn't explain why the ratings went from 5.0 to 4.6 in less then a week.

Only if more states lost broadcasting after last week.

Comment

They should have shown it at the end of Zod. That is when the most people will hear it. You know that people are interested in the show because they are already watching. So doesn't it make sense to show those already watching the good part of the plot?

Comment

Originally posted by Damali

Ouch. I guess people didn't care about superbreath. [/B]
              Well considering the fact that the ads made no mention of superbreath, you can't really take that into consideration with the ratings. Apparently there was only one ad that dealt with superbreath and it was only aired in certain locations. In my area, there was never a single ad dealing with superbreath that was aired. Only ads that dealt with the kidnapping plot were. That is why I wish they would have made superbreath the main focus and used that for the ads.

Comment

They should have shown it at the end of Zod. That is when the most people will hear it. You know that people are interested in the show because they are already watching. So doesn't it make sense to show those already watching the good part of the plot?
                If people are watching regardless, then no reason for them to drop out after such an awesome episode like Zod.

Isn't this the board where I often read people say the episode ratings are usually affected by the episode plot before it.

Comment

All they needed to do was show these scenes in the trailer.

Clark: I've got big news
                  Chloe: What?
                  Clark: I sneezed.

Then show the papers flying all over the place.

And say something about while Clark is learning a new power, Lex is being questioned about his.

Comment

Well, we'll see how next week does. They promoted Green Arrow like crazy for that trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
                      If people are watching regardless, then no reason for them to drop out after such an awesome episode like Zod.

Isn't this the board where I often read people say the episode ratings are usually affected by the episode plot before it.
                      That maybe the case, but its early in the season and there are many new options to watch. At this point, you need to make people want to watch.

Comment

That maybe the case, but its early in the season and there are many new options to watch. At this point, you need to make people want to watch.
                        Maybe they didn't promote this new power because Al was ashamed of it.

I remember reading Al once totally bashing super breathe and even saying he wasn't going to put it into the series.

Superman Returns happens and look Clark gets super breathe regardless of the fact we spent two full seasons without Clark getting any new powers.

I guess Superman Returns made the power look "sexy" again.

Comment

that sucks if the ratings are that low but a few states dont get the show and a lot of people may have turned to the baseball games. i think they need to promote more for smallville during the week cause they are always showing clips of top model and gilmore girls and those shows but we only get 2 commercials for smallville a week it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                            This is why I didn't want to even look at the premier's numbers, I thought that the true test was going to be how the episodes following the premier were going to be. Season 6 might be the end for Smallville if the numbers are this low. I can't see why The CW would keep around an expensive show to produce that would be going into it's 7th season when they can bring another show along that is less expensive to produce and one that can bring in slightly better ratings.
                            slightly better ratings?

The new CW shows can't even get 3 million viewers. Why do you think they brought back 7th Heaven.

Smallville will finish 2nd or 3rd for the CW, so no problem. What must be noted is that baseball is more likely to hurt Smallville because they are competing for male viewers. However Top Model, Gilmore Girls gain from it because they probably got female viewers that didn't want to watch the games.

Comment

Take a look at the rating for all the shows that have made the jump from the WB.

Everyone's down because of the CW jump. Some people don't get CW. Some people can't find it.

The only shows that benefited are the UPN ones because UPN didn't reach as many as the CW or the previous WB did.

Comment

Originally posted by joesmallville
                                slightly better ratings?

The new CW shows can't even get 3 million viewers. Why do you think they brought back 7th Heaven.

Smallville will finish 2nd or 3rd for the CW, so no problem. What must be noted is that baseball is more likely to hurt Smallville because they are competing for male viewers. However Top Model, Gilmore Girls gain from it because they probably got female viewers that didn't want to watch the games.
                                I'd be watching the baseball too but I didn't last night because the Yankees played during the day yesterday. But the baseball is shown every year and that is no excuse. Zod still pulled in high ratings, even though it was lower than most premiers. The main story here is that Zod was not able to keep people interested like Arrival was able to do last year when Mortal aired. And why is the fact that The CW is not available in all areas a major factor? The WB wasn't available in all areas either. There are some areas that didn't get the WB last year that now get the CW.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎