Is Jimmy A Geek? Or Is He just Shy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed,

Comment

According to Lois, even Clark is a geek now (because he doesn't go clubbing every night...), so: it can't be so bad to be a geek, can it?!?

Comment

Before geek was someone who wore glasses, suspenders, bumbling, labelled as walking encylopedias, were in certain clubs and no social lives or so I'm told. Now people get labelled nerds easily. If you like reading, are studious, introverted and have a tame social life you are labelled easily or at least in my school you are. I guess to Lois, the fact that he likes to spend time in his loft, is introverted and doesn't have many friends except herself and Chloe, or go out much made him seem kind of geek like.

Jimmy came off eager, enthusiastic and chirpy to me. I like Jimmy.

Comment

we don't mean it as an insalt, as you just explained, a geek could be anything (i see myself as a geek, seeing as i like reading and video games, but i also like the outside, so no one really calls me a geek, see?) see?

Comment

Originally posted by p.he.nix
            Before geek was someone who wore glasses, suspenders, bumbling, labelled as walking encylopedias, were in certain clubs and no social lives or so I'm told. Now people get labelled nerds easily. If you like reading, are studious, introverted and have a tame social life you are labelled easily or at least in my school you are. I guess to Lois, the fact that he likes to spend time in his loft, is introverted and doesn't have many friends except herself and Chloe, or go out much made him seem kind of geek like.
            Yeah, to me a geek is nothing negative. But the way Lois said it... I was not happy with the writers. I don't like the things they write for Lois. It made her look like she thinks geeks are stupid, no? It made her less likeable in my eyes, and that's not fair. I wanna like Lois as a character...!

Comment

Originally posted by InLove_with_Chloe
              Yeah, to me a geek is nothing negative. But the way Lois said it... I was not happy with the writers. I don't like the things they write for Lois. It made her look like she thinks geeks are stupid, no? It made her less likeable in my eyes, and that's not fair. I wanna like Lois as a character...!
              I don't think she said it to be mean and even was trying to avoid the subject. I thought it was because she wanted Clark to seem less intimidating to Oliver that she spent some time over at the Kents. It is obvious that Clark is hot and no Steve Urkel and she probably didn't want Oliver to think Clark of being .

As someone mentioned before, it would be interesting if Lois was asked how they first met or maybe more interesting if Clark was asked. There is the whole stroke by lightning, stark naked, middle of cornfield, and amnesia. In that case, he better look like a nerd. Now that would be tough to explain unless a few details were left out.
              Last edited by p.he.nix; 10-24-2006, 05:33 AM.

Comment

As someone mentioned before, it would be interesting if Lois was asked how they first met or maybe more interesting if Clark was asked. There is the whole stroke by lightning, stark naked, middle of cornfield, and amnesia. That would be tough to explain unless a few details were left out.
                Didn't they meet at Chloe's grave?!?

Comment

Didn't they meet at Chloe's grave?!?
                  Not quite, that was when Clark got back his memory. They first met when Lois was driving and then drove into a cornfield where Clark is and was just struck by lightning (or beamed) with no memory and in Kal-el mode. Then when Clark recovered met at Chloe's grave.
                  Last edited by p.he.nix; 10-24-2006, 06:17 AM.

Comment

yeah. that would be funny.

I think Lois was trying to reassure Olllie that there was nothing going on between her and Clark, thats why she made him come off as a geek to Ollie. maybe she has had past ships that didn't work out because they got jelious, and she didn't want that to happen again.

Comment

Not quite, that was when Clark got back his memory. They first met when Lois was driving and then drove into a cornfield where Clark is and was just struck by lightning (or beamed) with no memory and in Kal-el mode. Then when Clark recovered met at Chloe's grave.
                      A-ha! It's been a while...
                      Thanks,

Comment

I don't think she said it to be mean and even was trying to avoid the subject. I thought it was because she wanted Clark to seem less intimidating to Oliver that she spent some time over at the Kents. It is obvious that Clark is hot and no Steve Urkel and she probably didn't want Oliver to think Clark of being .
                        She never did call him a geek, Oliver did. That was his idea of how she described him.

Anyway....

I think Jimmy just gets excited fairly easily, and it seems a little nerdy. But I don't think he's that nerdy. I think he's just happy and a little goofy

Comment

I loved in Thursdays episode when he thought he was on to something with the pictures and then how chloe told him it wasn't a story. Boy! does she have a lot to teach him. But glad he wasn't a two episode stand...real happy to see that!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chloewannabe
                            I loved in Thursdays episode when he thought he was on to something with the pictures and then how chloe told him it wasn't a story. Boy! does she have a lot to teach him.
                            Hmmm, Chloe teaching Jimmy... I like that.

Comment

Hmmm, Chloe teaching Jimmy... I like that.
                              well would like it better if it was clark she was teachin a thing or two 2 .But i agree jimmy needs to learn alil sumthin before he jumps to conclusions,goin to lex the way he did could get him hurt.Last time he was here he got caughtup wit a fotw,this time he almost went thru a window

Comment

Originally posted by D.M.A.
                                well would like it better if it was clark she was teachin a thing or two 2 .But i agree jimmy needs to learn alil sumthin before he jumps to conclusions,goin to lex the way he did could get him hurt.Last time he was here he got caughtup wit a fotw,this time he almost went thru a window
                                Yeah, it almost makes you wish he went back there real soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎