Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like Or Dislike Green Arrow?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Arrow started in the comics as a sort of second-string Batman, that much is true. But over the decades the character has been reinvented as a fairly complex guy. Currently in the comics, GA is, among other things: older than most other costumed heroes; easily the most liberal of DC's heroes; a sex-driven bachelor who is also a grandfather; more devoted to ongoing training than anyone else in the JLA except possibly Batman; and possibly the most emotion-driven of all characters in the DC Universe.

Comment

hmmm, thats very interesting (i've never read the comics before).

Comment

i think BucketButt(O.o) said it prefectly

Comment

Well, besides the fact that Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow is my other eye candy... I think he's fantastic!

Comment

Well what are his powers then???

Comment

He doesn't have any. He's just a very talented archer, and has special types of arrows... I think. I'm not sure

Comment

yeah, from what i've read about GA so far, he doesn't have any actual powers. he was stranded on an island or something, and had to use a bow and arrow to hunt. (where he got the bow and arrow from is beyond me).

Now he's really good at archery and wants to devote his time and wealth to helping the innocent. well, that's the comic version anyway, i don't know how SV is going to portray him.

Comment

He's the mayor of Star City (where he currently resides) in the comics...

Comment

I have a feeling Smallville is going to go down a route similar to this:

"Oliver and his parents were headed for a vacation when their plane crashed in the ocean. Oliver's parents were killed in the accident and Oliver was left to fend for himself. Once a bully and a spoiled rich kid, he found himself alone in a place that couldn't appreciate his wealth. Finding new ways of survival he built himself a bow and arrows from the items he found on the island and became an expert shot. When he was almost ready to give up on the hope of ever getting off the island he was picked up by an air rescue chopper that was investigating a recent crash near that area.

When he returned young Oliver, now the heir apparent of his father's business empire he realized that his outlook on life he changed. He now noticed the struggles of the poor and how the innocents suffered from the atrocities committed by the criminals and ne'er do wells of the world. Wanting to make a difference that money couldn't be thrown at he created an alter ego (complete with a costume and high tech gadgetry founded by all his billions) so he could fight crime without his own identity being exposed. Thus the Green Arrow was born."

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
                      I have a feeling Smallville is going to go down a route similar to this:

"Oliver and his parents were headed for a vacation when their plane crashed in the ocean. Oliver's parents were killed in the accident and Oliver was left to fend for himself. Once a bully and a spoiled rich kid, he found himself alone in a place that couldn't appreciate his wealth. Finding new ways of survival he built himself a bow and arrows from the items he found on the island and became an expert shot. When he was almost ready to give up on the hope of ever getting off the island he was picked up by an air rescue chopper that was investigating a recent crash near that area.

When he returned young Oliver, now the heir apparent of his father's business empire he realized that his outlook on life he changed. He now noticed the struggles of the poor and how the innocents suffered from the atrocities committed by the criminals and ne'er do wells of the world. Wanting to make a difference that money couldn't be thrown at he created an alter ego (complete with a costume and high tech gadgetry founded by all his billions) so he could fight crime without his own identity being exposed. Thus the Green Arrow was born."
                      Knowing Smallville they would probly make it a plane crash, even though his parents were killed in a boating accident in the comics. It would be cool to see a flashback or something though showing a cool yachting disaster...
                      Last edited by Lexuous Luthor; 10-12-2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

That's why I think a plane crash that caused Ollie to be stranded on that island also killed his parents, because like you said "Knowing Smallville' that and it would make a parallel with Lex who was also stranded on an island after a 'plane crash' not the quotations since later it was revealed his wife set the whole thing up.

Comment

I like this Oliver fella. No, scratch that... I love him! He is so awesome and beautiful. I love his attitude and his crooked, cunning, little smile. He is Lois' match in every way. He has brought a little extra (needed) excitement to the show. I hope he's here to stay until the end.

Comment

Looking forward to more Lex bashing.

Comment

yeah, I like the Green Arrow so far.

Comment

I can't stand him so far, although that mainly may be due to JH's poor acting skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎