What kind of senator is she?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about years of experiance?

Comment

I would imagine she is very conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
        What about years of experiance?
        Experience is highly recommended, but it's not a requirement for being a senator. The only requirements are that a US senator must be at least 30 years old, a citizen of the US for nine years, and a resident of the state they represent.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentChaos
          Experience is highly recommended, but it's not a requirement for being a senator. The only requirements are that a US senator must be at least 30 years old, a citizen of the US for nine years, and a resident of the state they represent.
          So you have to be 30 to be a senator. Lex should have been to young to run when he was running aginst Johnathan.

Comment

Originally posted by kp1984
            So you have to be 30 to be a senator. Lex should have been to young to run when he was running aginst Johnathan.
            The age requirement is only for US Senators. State legislatures have different requirements. For all we know, he could have been old enough for the position. Of course I know diddly about Kansas state law, so I can't say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan James
              I would imagine she is very conservative.
              You know I was thinking about that myself. Kansas is a red state and Jonathon strikes me as a conservative, but Martha, not so much. On Smallville, her leanings seem to be liberal.

It is not uncommon for a Governor to appoint a deceased incumbant's spouse to their seat, but it seems to me that Jonathon was Republican and Martha is a Democrat. Perhaps Jonathon was a conservative Democrat running against Republican Lex Luthor. Kansas has a lot of Republicans, though. I just can't picture a Kansas farmer being a Democrat unless there is a farmer's union or farmer's lobby with the Democrats.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎