No announcement yet.

Ep 1.2 - Fallout

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep 1.2 - Fallout

The second episode of Jericho airs tonight. Talk about it here.

I couldn't help but notice how much Ashley Scott's character (Emily Sullivan) reminds me of Smallville's Lois, Erica Durance. Similar hair and delivery... it's kind of eerie, like they were separated at birth.

Good episode, though. I'm assuming that one guy received reports of where all the other bombs hit, and that's why he was making that map?

The whole "Jake can do everything" bit is getting annoying already though.

Comment

So, it looks like the entire country was nuked. Terrorist attack I guess.

Comment

Great episode! I can't wait to see what the black guy is keeping from the town. It almost seems like he was sent there.

Comment

He might have something to do with the nuclear attack. Remember how he was placing the thumb tacks on the US map at the end of the episode? He either is a good guy not wanting people to worry, or he has something to do with it. The scene with him and his wife made me believe that he wasn't a good guy after all.
          Last edited by zonofzod; 09-28-2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I just think he came to the stunning realization that this is bigger than anyone thinks....and him putting the tacks in the map was just a way of wrapping his mind around it. I wish they would have showed the map...and just how MANY tacks he put in. Still a very eerie way to end the episode.

look forward to next weeks episode

Comment

It was a fantastic episode... even better than the pilot episode.

While the Jake as anti-hero thing could get old, I don't think they've made him out to be the "can do anything guy". Remember the teacher had to take over him on the repair job. However, his ability to think on the spot, take charge, and shoot pretty decently is a little suspect... but I'm guessing this will all have something to do with where he's actually been for the past 5 years.

As for the guy with the tacks... the image of him sticking the red tacks on the map was haunting, especially every time his hand would reach into the drawer to get another tack. My initial assumption is not that he's a bad guy, but that he knows a lot more about what is going on then he's telling... such as he knew the attack was coming and escaped to a small town with his family (I won't go any further cause then it would belong in the speculation threads).

I liked the development of the characters in this episode... they are all becomming three-dimensional and interesting.

Comment

I want to like the show, but so far, it just hasn't sucked me in. There have been some really good moments in each episode, as you mentioned Jen, the red tack thing - seeing him reaching in, time after time..

As I said though, it just hasn't sucked me in. I don't like the character of Jake, the fact that he knows EVERYTHING is just annoying "Oh, how did you learn that?" - "I knew a guy." Ugh.

haha. I'll give it another episode, but I doubt i'll be watching after that.

Comment

I think the biggest problem with the show is that they haven't really given us a chance to like the individual characters. The show has given some really good moments and haunting images, but will that sustain it episode after episode without a likeable cast of characters. I don't seem to be as annoyed with Jake and his knowledge of everything. They've been hitting at his backstory since the first moment of the show, so I guess I'm giving them faith that his actions/attitude will be explained.

Comment

Yup, this show is losing me fast. I just can't seem to feel anything for the characters. I really think this show needed to first get some character development going. But with the big event happening so fast and so many characters to keep track of, I just can't bring myself to care what happens to any of them.

On the plus side, I'm glad to see Shoshannah Stern from one of my other favorite shows, Weeds, got some screen time.

Comment

I got kinda mad at the end when they wouldnt show the map after he was done putting the tacks on the map..but i know he put tons of tacks on

But i think in the begininng of the next episode will probably show wat the map looks like...hopefully

Comment

I definetly think the AA guy is a good guy, because he knew the freqency on the radio for the military and knew the morse code. He is definetly keeping something from these people but he is helping them which is a plus.

Comment

They probably want to keep the mystery for a little while about where exactly was hit. That's my guess, at least.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎