Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Season Two Discussion

Only 2 more days till the second season starts so i figured it would be ok to start this thread. Lets discuss how we think season 2 is going here.

Realllllly looking forward to the new season starting up here in about 53 hours or so. Have missed it. Really intrigued about the whole "Ellen, her daugher, and group of 'hunters'" storyline, and the possible plot lines that could come from it.

Kinda OT; but I hope Smallville really picks up this season, because I gotta honestly say that I was looking forward to watching SN more than I was SM for about the last half of the season or so last season.

Not saying that SN isn't better than SM or people shouldn't like it more, but I feel like I want and should want to like SM more.

Comment

WAY TOO MANY STAND ALONE EPISODES!!!

I have really enjoyed this season. But one thing I think has been particularly weak is the development of the overall mythology arc of the season. It seems like every episode takes us on a weekly adventure with Sam and Dean but never really advances the overall storyline of the season.

Only one appearance from the yellow eyed demon.

Ever since the new demon apprentice was introduced in the virus episode, we haven't heard word one from him all season. Meg was fantastic because she was a re-occuring character and really kept the main arc going.

The development of the main arc this season has been terrible.

The season has still been a blast though because the show continues to offer suspense, drama, and humor on a weekly basis with great performances to boot.

But this season feels like the weekly adventures of Dean and Sam to me.

Comment

ya i understand what you mean about it not being more arc like. i dont understand why shows tend to do most of the arc in the first half of the season then a bunch of fillers the second half then back to the story the last 2 or 3 episodes.

im not going to post any spoilers but the last 2 episodes seem really great when it comes to the story arc.

ya i think we need more demons. there are a lot of ghost creatures on the show. i kind of wish they would have added different creatures and legends then just mostly ghosts.

Comment

I think this season has, overall, been really strong. I agree that they front loaded all the heavy myth centric episodes and have had a lot of stand alone episodes lately, but at least they have been really good stand alone episodes.

And superhippie is right, the last few episodes seem like they will be completely focused on the YED/Special Kids/War myth arc. I think we are in for quite a wild ride the next 3 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
            WAY TOO MANY STAND ALONE EPISODES!!!

I have really enjoyed this season. But one thing I think has been particularly weak is the development of the overall mythology arc of the season. It seems like every episode takes us on a weekly adventure with Sam and Dean but never really advances the overall storyline of the season.

Only one appearance from the yellow eyed demon.

Ever since the new demon apprentice was introduced in the virus episode, we haven't heard word one from him all season. Meg was fantastic because she was a re-occuring character and really kept the main arc going.

The development of the main arc this season has been terrible.

The season has still been a blast though because the show continues to offer suspense, drama, and humor on a weekly basis with great performances to boot.

But this season feels like the weekly adventures of Dean and Sam to me.
            I consider next week's episode as a precursor to the hell Dean and Sam will have to face in the two part season finale. It looks like it will be a nice " what if " storyline though and probably the last shot of happyness Dean will have in while.

Though I do agree that the stand alone episodes have taken up the bulk of the season. I'm hoping Duane Tanner (YED's apprentice will appear in the finale and some answers wil be explained).

I just hope the YED's absence frommost of this season has been due to it's scheming with the coming war. Though I did love how the brothers found out more about his plans indirectly.

Comment

This season and the last feels like one.But overall i liked it but it kinda went away from the sam storyline.I still like season 1 better but this season is still good.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎