Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark VS Zod

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fight? In order for a fight to occur 2 people have to intend to either mentally or physically hurt one another. Clark didnt even try to punch him once, LAME LAME LAME JUST LIKE THE ONE ON ARRIVAL

Comment

NOT ONE PUNCH, NOT ONE. It would have been awsome if they punched eachother at the same time in Lex´s libray, with such streght that the glass shatters, just one punch thats all..

Comment

It was pretty pathetic of the BDA. How did he even know the little Shield from Jor-El would do that to Zod. What if it was vice versa and Zod's power destroyed the shield.
        Why is Jor-El's gadget (or whoever the good guy that gives Clark help) always more powerful than the bad guy!? Lionel channelling Jor-El defeated Fine just by TOUCHING him, Jor-El's shield kicked Zod's ass just because he was holding it...Clark is useless really, forget Superman and just leave a bunch of Jor-El's relics scattered across the world, for the future bad guys to touch mid-evilness and they'd be defeated.
        Last edited by Kal El, Hero; 10-01-2006, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Nah what would have been cooler would have been to see Clark jump back up in the air after skidding across acres of land with the S jewel in his right hand winding back as Zod is flying up into the air towards him readying his punch to send Clark into space. And then Wham Clarks hand slaps the S jewel on his shinny bald forehead as his hand grips his head! Then we can watching him scream in agony as Clark says that line "My father sends his regards!" Then they fall back to earth with Lex have a big Superman S on his head for the rest of the season lol.

And then we can see Lex later meeting with plastic surgeons to get it removed =).

Now that would have been a premiere episode that would have satisfied me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kal El, Hero
            It was pretty pathetic of the BDA. How did he even know the little Shield from Jor-El would do that to Zod. What if it was vice versa and Zod's power destroyed the shield.
            Why is Jor-El's gadget (or whoever the good guy that gives helps Clark) always more powerful than the bad guy!? Lionel channelling Jor-El defeated Fine just by TOUCHING him, Jor-El's shield kicked Zod's ass just because he was holding it...Clark is useless really, forget Superman and just leave a bunch of Jor-El's relics scattered across the world, for the future bad guys to touch mid-evilness and they'd be defeated.
            There´s even one Jor el relic that can help you cook better, if you dont belive me ask martha, why her pies are so famous.

Comment

The fight was horrible. Probably the most poorly done supervillian/hero fight ever. Lately Superman has been having some really bad action sequences. First, SR's action scenes were terrible and now in SV, the action scene was horrible.

The best fight on the show so far was the Clark/Johnathan fight in Season 3. This fight was beyond bad.

Whatever happened to the George Reeves's Superman that actually fought for his life. *sigh*

Comment

I thought the fight was probably the best there's been on the show so far.

It gave you a good look at what would happen to the surrounding elements if two superpowered people fought. From the earth gathering up as if a meteor had landed to Zod pummelling Clarks head as he was on the rock with the rock becoming gradually more broken apart from the force of the blows. Brilliant!

I'm glad that Clark didn't physically fight back and just outsmarted Zod. That is what Superman would have done and that's the difference between a Superhero and a Supervillain.

Comment

*Eye of the Tiger?....I heard Pie of the Martha. That dude is in no shape to fight anyone. His career ended before it began.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo

I'm glad that Clark didn't physically fight back and just outsmarted Zod. That is what Superman would have done and that's the difference between a Superhero and a Supervillain.
                    In the comics and cartoons even in the movie (Superman vs Zod in Superman II), Clark does punch back, and some great fights have come out of a fight based on raw force punching, if your not a comic fan (if you are sorry for the needless clarification) Im sure you have heard and probably even read or seen something about the Death of Superman, where he fights Doomsday, and he didnt outsmart Doomsday it was brute stregt that brought the beast down.

He does use his intelect, and tries to avoid confrontation, but if it comes to it, like it did in Zod, he can put one hell of a fight. Besides I didnt want a Rocky vs. Apollo fight, just one or two punches out of Clark, and then he could go back to outsmarting Zod.

Originally posted by Son of Kal-El20

The best fight on the show so far was the Clark/Johnathan fight in Season 3. This fight was beyond bad.
                    I would put that Pa Kent/Clark fight in second, the best one was Chloe/Lana. They both threw punches and kicks like there was no tomorrow, instead of the grabing and throwing, grabing and throwing when Clark is involved.
                    Last edited by Kal-ed; 10-03-2006, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-ed
                      In the comics and cartoons even in the movie (Superman vs Zod in Superman II), Clark does punch back, and some great fights have come out of a fight based on raw force punching, if your not a comic fan (if you are sorry for the needless clarification) Im sure you have heard and probably even read or seen something about the Death of Superman, where he fights Doomsday, and he didnt outsmart Doomsday it was brute stregt that brought the beast down.

He does use his intelect, and tries to avoid confrontation, but if it comes to it, like it did in Zod, he can put one hell of a fight. Besides I didnt want a Rocky vs. Apollo fight, just one or two punches out of Clark, and then he could go back to outsmarting Zod.
                      Yea thanks I was aware that he has actually fought blow for blow with adversaries. However the thought of a pacifist Superman that outwits his opponents rather than beats them into submission appeals to me. As long as they are beating up on him until he can find a non-violent way to subdue them they aren't harming anyone else. Doesn't make for exciting veiwing I know, but personally I think this is what being a Super man should be about. Raising yourself above the wrong-doer and using your powers positively rather than negatively.

Comment

Well, I know, peace is one of supes traits, but cmon, indulge us action fans.

Comment

Surely the next season should feature Clark attempting to fly or considering it?

He's developed super breath, now all he needs is ice cool mentos power and the knack to fly!

First Lex as Zod flew off with Lana in tow, which was witnessed by Chloe and Lionel. Surely Chloe would bring it up with Clark? Also when Clark and Zod were tussling in the air, whilst Zod shot out at great speed it did seem they were 'flying'. Plus when Zod smacks Clark out of the woods he appears in front of him by flying then floating to the ground. Clark doesn't seem surprised. So either a) he's remembered something from being Kal-El; b) he's had a feeling he can but is scared due to heights or c) just didn't pop into the mind of the shows creators.

Comment

^^^^^^ I haven't seen Crusade for a while but I don't remember Clark forgetting about his time as Kal-el. Doesn't he talk about flying with Martha and come to the conclusion that it is something he will be able to do?
                            This is why I get confused at the start of Reckoning - before proposing to Lana he floats to the top of the FOS. Hang on - how did that happen?!
                            As for Clark v Zod, I was happy with the fight - punches or no punches. I've come to expect brief sequences so I wasn't disappointed at all, especially as Clark overcame his enemy with cunning. He showed he's not the BDA that many people think.
                            Soundtrack? How about I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper.....
                            Last edited by Lex Dance; 07-28-2007, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Zod beat the crap out of Clark, it was pretty awesome to see. So, I'd say it was a pretty good picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎