Love it? Hated it ? what do you think of ' ZOD'

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, so far this is my favorite season premiere...I mean, what's not to like ?!
    Clark is (finally) in Phantom Zone (awesome camera work), he gets the S symbol, Zod flies, Lana gets pwn3d...PERFECT

9.5/10 (because they can always do better)

Comment

• I like when zod threw linole into the car. And the zod symoble. Awsome.

Comment

• I liked this Episode a lot, Great acting! And Ouch! to that "Lana getting hand impaled" scene, that MUST have hurt REALLY bad.

Raya was also a HUUGE highlight of this Eppy!

Comment

• I enjoyed 'Zod' a lot because it really delved deeper into Superman mythology by introducing the Phantom Zone's wasteland areas and revealing more about Jor-El. The way Raya went on about Jor-El, you would never have guessed that he was the same man as the AI inhabiting the Fortress of Solitude. He sure programmed that AI of his with attitude!

I liked seeing Clark struggle against the Phantoms at the beginning of the episode and enjoyed his confrontation with a Zod-possessed Lex near the end. That being said, I thought MR did a phenomenal job as Zod. Watching him, I could really get his sense of authority - I felt that this guy was a damn good general!

The special effects in this episode were simply amazing. It almost rivaled Hollywood productions in terms of quality.

I can't think of any gripes I have with this episode apart from maybe Clark could have put up more effort to defend himself against Zod. That said, I guess he wouldn't want to hurt Lex. So that's a 10/10 methinks. There are loads of other things I liked about this ep - but unfortunately, I'd be writing about the same length of the dictionary if put down any more thoughts! This post is almost a quarter of the dictionary anyway

Comment

• I totally loved this season premiere.
            The PZ looks awesome- especially in hi def. Just amazing!! Well, the whole show looks amazing lol.

I was really happy when Martha saw the FOS's. And once again, I got teary eyed when Jor-El spoke. I just love every scene with that man.

Lana really needs to stay away from the Luthor mansion in the premieres. She gets thrown over the floor and passes out- seriously Lana, stay away in the premieres

I've really come to like Lexana, so I didn't mind them having a make-out session right there on the couch. Although, I should say Zexana....

Welcome "Jimmy" I loved you from the very first scene.

Clark was awesome in this episode. Dealing with the Zoners. When he thought Raya had betrayed him. Coming back to Smallville to put an end to Zod and his chaos. Defeating Zod. Loved the look Clark gave Zod when he felt the crystal in his hand

Awesome work Steven & James!

Comment

• It was a good episode.I dident know how they were gonna rap up the finale.Liked the zod and clark fight,the phantom zone seemed like hell and the ending was tight

Comment

• "Zod" was one of the best season premiers of Smallville and thats saying alot. This and "Bizarro" I think are the best openers. "Crusade" was ok with introducing Lois but what bummed about it is that it kinda made Kal-el the bad guy (he was only trying to get back the stones...like what Clark should have done all along...)

"Zod" gave us many cool scenes and iconic moments. Introducing the Phantom Zone, General Zod (Lex being the vessel but still), Jimmy Olsen (Great casting!), Superman symbol and terriffic fight scenes. Well I gotta admit I liked "Bizarro" better 'cos Clark actually made a couple of punches. But I love the images of him treading the Zone, coming back to earth and being all Superman-ish. And also the scene where Clark and Zod/Lex fly across the sky is awesome.

Episodes like "Zod" really escalate Smallville to another level where it really isn't Smallville anymore. It's something I can't quite put my finger on but all the same it's awesome!!

Comment

• I really enjoyed "Zod," for the most part. The Phantom Zone looked amazing, and seeing Clark vulnerable, lost, and at the mercy of all the phantoms was something different. The introduction of Raya was cool -- she was an ambiguous character at first who was proven to be a true hero, and it set up a great season-long story arc. Even though a lot of the phantoms proved to be kind of lame, the concept of Clark taking responsibility for what happened, being proactive, and tracking the phantoms down, was extremely cool, and pushed him more toward being the hero we've always knew he'd become. Zod-in-Lex was creepy, but well done, as always. Michael Rosenbaum is just a stellar actor, and he reached a new level of villainous in this episode for me. The Lexana stuff was okay. Martha's conversation with Jor-El in the Fortress was pretty epic. I LOVED the Chlark reunion -- up until the moment when she basically shot down any chance of the romance I'd been waiting for five years to see starting. That being said, I DO like the character of Jimmy Olsen, even if I never was a huge Chimmy fan. I give this episode 9 out of 10 "Everything's great now that you're here!" Chlarky reunion hugs of awesomeness.

Comment

• Vessel ended with cliffhangers and all of them were resolved with anticlimaxes thus making Zod the anticlimactic season premiere. We see the Clark/ Lex/ Lana triangle being overplayed out and the fight between Clark and Lex/ Zod was one-sided. This prompted to show Clark in how to fight like we had in Combat. Also, Zod showed us the inside of the Phantom Zone that's portrayed visually awesome and dark.

Comment

• ^ Don't know how you can say it's anticlimatic. Zod was one of the best season openers imo.

Comment

• 6.5/10.

It's some of Clark's actions that have me confused, and I think it's because there seemed to be an element of pandering to shippers that came out of left field. There were moments for both Chlarkers and Cloisers in this episode, and he was the one looking to push each time.

We know why Chloe did what she did in the season 5 finale 'Vessel', but here it's made to look as though Clark is a bit disappointed when she tells him she only did it because she thought the world was going to end. He says rather unconvincingly that he agrees it was nothing more, but his face paints a different picture. It's like he was hoping for something more.

Prior to that, he goes to visit Lois in hospital, listening attentively to her account of what she thought had happened to her, and then he holds her hand as if he's closer to her than had otherwise been depicted previously. Again, it's like he is hoping for something more but when she reacts as if she is weirded out by it, he retracts his hand and attempts to brush the moment off as nothing.

He'd lost Lana to Lex towards the end of the previous season so the only place I thought might explain his actions upon his return to Earth was in his scenes with Raya in the PZ. I watched their conversations twice to see if there was something either of them had said which would explain his behaviour once he was back amongst the living. The nearest thing I can find is this line:

"If there was a way to save everyone you loved, wouldn't you risk dying?"

Even that relies on the audience assuming that somewhere down the line, he's gone over in his mind what certain people mean to him. None of that was shown though because the initial focus was on trying to figure out where he was, and then how to get out of there.

That said, I did like the culmination of the Clark vs Zod battle. The curiously homoerotic sequence of the two of them sailing through the air arm in arm notwithstanding (was that a nod to slash fiction shippers?), we got to see Clark finally use his brains and a hefty heap of cunning to win the day and banish Zod back to the PZ. That brief visual of Terence Stamp's Zod was a great touch.

Every now and then, Clark is shown to be proactive and capable of thinking for himself to good effect so it beats me why he was so often shown to be dithering and over-reliant on others (meaning Chloe) to do his thinking for him.
                        Last edited by Bally; 03-28-2017, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Clark looked like he was about to give Chloe the "devoted" speech, that he just doesn't have those feelings for her. He was relieved when she brushed it off that he didn't have to hurt her feelings. When Jimmy showed up, Clark was amused by Chloe & Jimmy. Not even a hint of jealousy. He would have gone with them to get something to eat when Chloe invited him if he was. I liked that they had Chloe dismiss it & move on and that the annual forced kiss ended, especially for Chloe's character. I enjoyed the episode, I'd give it an 8.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎