Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexod and Lexana were losing viewers

the old shipper rating drop theory always makes me laugh.

And everyone loves Zod. You can't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon AZ

the old shipper rating drop theory always makes me laugh.

And everyone loves Zod. You can't blame him.
      Yeah, I'm sure the CW is laughing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by canon
        Vessel was watched by 4.58 million. "Zod" had 5.04 million viewers. 500K more viewers tuned in after Vessel. CW is not aired in Hawaii and some other states, I think.
        Yeah, but you can tell that people are fed up with this show, and the only thing that you can point to is the disaster that was Reckoning. And Lexana is tied to it. That's why this premier failed compared to every other, although I thought that this episode was much better than the ratings indicate. But again, next week could be a different story as things might revert back to post Reckoning status.

Comment

Oh Lexod isn't the reason people aren't watching. Plus remember season four's ratings of some as low as 3.6 million? I think staying in the 5 mill range is TV worthy. Anyone know Gilmore Girl's premiere #?

Comment

I've stopped caring about the ratings. We analyze them to death and I have realized that it doesnt matter. There is no way in hell that a new newtwork would cancel its flagship show. That makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by F-Stop Blues
              I've stopped caring about the ratings. We analyze them to death and I have realized that it doesnt matter. There is no way in hell that a new newtwork would cancel its flagship show. That makes no sense.
              Truth. Smallville, Supernatural, and Veronica Mars seem to be pretty much guaranteed to do well this season, even if they do experience a dip in ratings because of The CW being available in fewer places.

Comment

I believe Smallville never "won" its night/timeslot outright. Wasn't it winning in the 18 - 35 year old demographic? And the movie houses love that because that's where they want to advertise for the weekend movies opening on the next day. Does anyone have the ratings broken down by demographics/regions etc?

Comment

Im sorry but all of that, some people dont get the "CW" in their homes stuff is crap, the ratings sucked, cuz S5 sucked (at least 20 of 23 episodes), and it left us all with a bitter taste in our mouths.

I can only hope for the ratings to continue going down next week.

Comment

Originally posted by tmkfan
                    Im sorry but all of that, some people dont get the "CW" in their homes stuff is crap, the ratings sucked, cuz S5 sucked (at least 20 of 23 episodes), and it left us all with a bitter taste in our mouths.

I can only hope for the ratings to continue going down next week.
                    You're welcome to your opinions of Season 5 and Season 6, but lots of people really don't get The CW. The merger has effected ratings across the boards for all of The CW shows, they're all lower.

Comment

Wich doesnt make any sense! This merge was supposed to make SVL ratings better since it didnt had whatever competition it had with UPN last year.

Even if some ppl dont get the CW how many really have a Nielsen box? if they dont even get the channel I cant imagine them having one.

Oh well, I still think the ratings sucked cuz svl sucks now.

why didnt ANTM get bad ratings like SVLs ones? GG ratings sucked cuz of what happened in the season finale last year and how people were pissed off about it.

Comment

Alaska and Hawaii don't get the CW. So there's two states gone right there.

Comment

Have you even read what i wrote. UPN shows get more in the ratings because it was a smaller network then the WB

Gezz...

Comment

Give it a couple of more weeks, and then lets see how the ratings do.

Comment

Originally posted by tmkfan
                              Wich doesnt make any sense! This merge was supposed to make SVL ratings better since it didnt had whatever competition it had with UPN last year.

Even if some ppl dont get the CW how many really have a Nielsen box? if they dont even get the channel I cant imagine them having one.

Oh well, I still think the ratings sucked cuz svl sucks now.

why didnt ANTM get bad ratings like SVLs ones? GG ratings sucked cuz of what happened in the season finale last year and how people were pissed off about it.
                              Actually, ANTM and SV were fairly close in ratings and total number of viewers, i think.

Anyway, 5 million + is not bad for a new network. I know it is an old show, but for much of the country it's on a new station and, in some areas, it does not even air now.

That said, I completely agree with F-STop Blues. There is no way, barring a complete ratings meltdown, that they will cancel SV. What would take it's place? It's not like the new CW shows are pulling in the viewers. (See Runaway ratings).

Comment

Originally posted by MrED
                                Have you even read what i wrote. UPN shows get more in the ratings because it was a smaller network then the WB

Gezz...
                                *sigh* whatever floats your boat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎