Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music from Zod

When the episode airs post your reactions to the music.

I dont think there was any songs in this ep. Im pretty sure it was all instrumental from Mark Snow.

Comment

I was kinda disappointed by that.

Last season's premiere was perfectly capped off with "Precious" by Depeche Mode. I was hoping for something similar. I love when good songs get associated with Smallville in my mind.

Comment

I thought the music was pretty much frickin' sweet. Definitely got me pumped.

Comment

The Superman like music in all of the mythology moments was awesome. I hated that there was no lyrical music, but there really wasn't a good moment for it.

Comment

I liked it when they had that supermanish song.

^ I agree, they didn't have a real lyrical music moment.

Comment

they could have had one in the hospital when Clark was talking to Lois an Lex talking to Lana.. Just quiet lyric music.. it would have worked

Comment

Originally posted by Ares
                they could have had one in the hospital when Clark was talking to Lois an Lex talking to Lana.. Just quiet lyric music.. it would have worked
                Not really..it would only take away from the scene so that alone makes it pointless since the reason for music is to add to a moment not ruin it.

Comment

I was looking foward to a good lyrical song in SV fashion. But I must admit since the end of last season, lyrical songs haven't been as abundant like they were before on SV. Maybe its a CW channel choice.

The sample of the Superman score in this ep,after Clark dealt with Zod was a great choice.

Comment

I think the reason why they arent using Licenced songs anymore is because the tone of the show is changing. In all honesty, I kind of like it. I mean, im not saying that the lyrical music was bad, its just I know that the show has taken on a different tone.

Comment

Mark Snow was rocking in "Zod". Despite my distaste for those themes now, I loved hearing the Krypton theme in the Fortress and the big variation of the Superman theme after Clark defeated Zod. Lots and lots of chrous work in this score, too.

Overall, though, Mark Snow still=genius.

Comment

about me i want this season to have songs
                        i realy liked s5 e1 arrival in using the song " precious "

Comment

The hospital wasnt that great to begin with adding music would have made it better.

Smallville needs music

Lana needs to not always look pissed off

Comment

The music was good but it was to ... boring O_o
                            The Zod kicking-Kal-els-Ass scene should have other music!

Comment

I love Mark Snow's music. he seems very unknown but hsi music gives me the chills. In zod, when Clark outs the S crystal in his hand. Also the sound of it when Clark is about to go flying in the air in "Crusade". And the whole beginning of the music to the end in the 100th episode when Clark tells Lana his secret. And the Fortress of the Solitude music, I wish it could have been the same scene from Superman: The Movie though, but Mark Snow's music for the Fortress was also good.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎