This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Profile - Help With Avatars, Profiles, and Custom Text

Editing Your Personal Profile:

1. At the top of the page, look at the right-hand side.
    2. You will see a set of "buttons".
    3. Click on "My Profile".
    4. Once you are there, you should see a banner which options such as "My vB Home", "Edit Profile", "Edit Options".
    5. Click on "Edit Profile".
    6. Fill in any information you want in your profile, such as Name, Interests, etc.
    7. Once you are done, scroll down to the bottom and click on "Submit Modifications".
    8. You're done!

Setting Your Own Custom User Text:

4. Once you are there, you should see a banner which options such as "My vB Home", "Edit Profile", "Edit Options".
    5. Click on "Edit Profile".
    6. Scroll down until you come to the Additional Information category.
    7. In the Custom User Text section, you can make up a text for yourself.
    (There is a limited amount of space, and regular KSite rules apply regarding offensive comments and censored words)
    8. Once you have filled that out, scroll down to the bottom.
    9. Click on "Submit Modifications" and you're done!

Setting Your Own Avatar:

5. Instead of clicking "Edit Profile", click on "Edit Options".
    6. Scroll down a bit until you see a category entitled "Other Options".
    7. Find the Avatar section and click on "Change Avatar" on the right-hand side.
    8. Once you're there, you can decide if you want an avatar or not. If you do, keep reading the instructions below. If you don't you can stop here.
    9. If you want an avatar, you can either:
    • Choose from the KryptonSite list which has avatars of the cast (Dimensions are 60x60).
    • Use your own Custom Avatar by entering the URL of your avatar
      (In order to prevent hotlinking, we recommend that you do NOT use the option allowing you to enter the URL of your avatar. Instead, you should first save any avatar you want onto your computer then click on the browse button to upload it.)
    • Use your own Custom Avatar by uploading the image from your computer.
      (Keep in mind the maximum dimensions allowed are 100x100 pixels, and the size of the avatar should not exceed 20kb. Also, avatar files can only be either in JPG or GIF format. )

10. Once you have selected your own avatar, click on "Submit Modifications", and you're all set!
    11. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT AVATARS:
    • Please only use graphics that either you made, or you have permission to use. Just because you've found something you like on the Internet does NOT mean it's yours for the taking. Get the creator's permission first. If someone reports you for taking a graphic without permission, you will immediately and permanently lose your ability to have an avatar on Kryptonsite.
    • Do not post requests for avatars in this forum!!! We have entire sections of Kryptonsite (Smallville, Veronica Mars, Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy, Jericho, Prison Break, World of Whedon, and Other) dedicated to fan art, and threads just for requesting that our wonderful repository of fan artists make a special avatar just for you, or offer their creations free for public use. If you want to request an avatar or see what's out there for you to use outside of Kryptonsite's stock avatars, please go there. Any and all avatar request threads found in The Help Desk will be deleted.

Editing Your Personal Signature:

All signature settings have been disabled in the KryptonSite boards.

If you have any more questions about avatars, please feel free to PM a moderator.

Thank you to number8 for helping to revise and update this thread!!!
    Last edited by yellowqueen22; 10-09-2006, 12:30 PM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎