Smallville Ratings, Reruns, and Scheduling

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was looking at the DirecTV schedule and it looks like TNT may b giving the show a different timeslot. The guide says Smallville will be airing at midnight and 1am beginning on January 8. I would think this is just a blip except for 2 things. First, beginning this Tuesday, Law and Order takes the 3am and 4am slots that Smallville has occupied. This will put Smallville on a bit of a hiatus until Jan 8. Secondly, the episodes to air at midnight and 1am beginning Jan 8 are Pilot and Metamorphosis.

So looks to me like our show could be getting a bit better timeslot now. Plus, when Daylight savings time begins again, the timeslots will go an hr earlier. Not the worst idea ive ever heard.

So SV will air two eps every Thursday at midnight and 1am on TNT.

Btw West Wing and Gilmore Girls were added to Netflix late last year. Friends entire series just got added yesterday. Seems that SV could be next.
    Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-02-2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Gotta rant here!
      Thanks TNT, you suck!
      It was on a perfect timeslot.I get to watch it as I was getting ready for work.
      So what do you do, you put it on once a week in the middle of the night where nobody watches it.
      Whats the point of showing it at all.
      And you put a show in its place where already show it 50 billion times a day already.
      Again thanks TNT.
      Rant over.

Comment

• Wow. What the hell is with TnT, Cloo, and USA re-showing the same shows every day for 10 hour blocks at a time? It' be okay if it was a variety, but 80% of the time it's the gagworthy Law and Order

Comment

• It may not get any better now. E was saying that NBC is looking at resurrecting L&O for about 10 eps. Basically, theyll have more eps to repeat on TNT then. Though this could mean SV gets a better timeslot or new network to air it. Personally i dont mind the new timeslot but ill enjoy it more when Daylight Savings Time kicks in and we get it earlier.

BleedingTheOrchid i agree. Theres so much variety these networks have especially TNT. They have SV, SPN, Charmed, Grimm, Bones, Castle and Angel i think too. If they looked at their list of shows, they could easily do a different marsthon each day and the fans would love it. They air a ton of SPN on Wednesday then Grimm and SV. Love when they do that.

I really hope L&O reruns get them good ratings because there has to be a reason it airs that much! Yes there r enough reruns of that to last a long time but i swear they seem to air the same eps of it over and over again. Meanwhile SV gets aired twice a week? Come on guys at TNT u can do better than that.

Pivot airs 4 or 5 Buffy eps a week in a block Tuesday then repeats them. Then on Fridays they do the same but with different eps of Buffy from earlier seasons. From what ive heard they get very good ratings.

Either TNT should do something to please the fans like a day for a few eps ala Pivot and Buffy or else drop the show and let another network give it a chance.

Im really worried that if TNT gets reruns of Arrow and The Flash then SV will get shipped off to an even worse timeslot. Geez at least let Spike TV or USA or someone like FX have the rights. Even ABC Family did marathons. I get ratings and all but come on. Law & Order and Bones get more airtime. Im sure they get ratings but Smallville is, for now, the longest running SciFi show of all time in the U.S. Its in the Guinness book. Shouldnt that count for something more than just two eps a week?!?

Ty for letting me rant. Just tired of a great show being treated so bad by a network that supposedly wanted it so much. Reruns get ratings listen to the fans. Theyll tell u as much. Either air the show or give it to a network that will.
          Last edited by Austin 3:16; 02-08-2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• The day i NEVER thought would happen has FINALLY arrived. TNTOnDemand has now put Smallville up on OnDemand!!! Looks like theyre starting to show appreciation for our show.

Comment

• Season 10 is now showing on Syfy in the UK. It runs at 4:00pm weekdays and also 6:00am and 7:00am on weekends. It's about halfway through though, I totally forgot to post it on here when it first came onto the TV schedule. I think it's Fortune today.

Comment

• Originally posted by OakleyAce
                Season 10 is now showing on Syfy in the UK. It runs at 4:00pm weekdays and also 6:00am and 7:00am on weekends. It's about halfway through though, I totally forgot to post it on here when it first came onto the TV schedule. I think it's Fortune today.
                That sounds like a really cool schedule. At least Syfy there shows the show there more than TNT and in a better slot too. U folks r lucky.

Comment

• Looks like TNT is dropping Smallville reruns as of Sept 30. They will now b replaced by CSI NY.

Not happy. Maybe their contract is gonna expire and the show will finally go to a network that gives it better timeslots. Spike and FX have both been gunning for this show so i really wouldnt b surprised if it does go to one of those two networks. It may also go to Pop Network aka the former TV Guide Network since theyre doing a good job showing llve to Dawson's Creek.

Im really steamed over this especially since the final ep TNT will air is the season 4 premiere. Basically theyre cutting the show off at the beginning of one of the best seasons. Come on TNT. I could see them skipping ahead and airing the series finale then letting someone else have it but ending it with Crusade? Really?!?

No offense to Charmed but WHY is that still on TNT regularly when its been on for almost a decade and is available on Netflix? Smallville isnt available on the streaming service yet, though since its getting dropped by Turner Network Television. Sorry but i dont get their reasoning and it really upsets me being a Smallville fan.

Like i said i just hope this means, and think it very well could mean, that Spike or FX will air the show.

Comment

• That Smallville isn't on any streaming service is wrong i was able to watch on it on amazon prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redmateria
                      That Smallville isn't on any streaming service is wrong i was able to watch on it on amazon prime.
                      Redmateria, i called Netflix to see what was up with the BBC situation and they said contract to keep those shows was signed. After that the gentleman who was VERY nice asked if i like other shows. I told him Arrow and The Flash. He said theyre working on negotiating new contract to keep those shows. I told him i also like Smallville and thats where it got interesting.

When i said i like Smallville he told me its available to get on dvd from there. I said oh yeah heard about that and that i hope it would stream on there soon. He said there r discussions going on and they hope to have Smallville streaming very soon! So that definitely sounds like a step in the right direction. Plus now since its not airing on TNT i wouldn't b surprised if a deal is announced this yr that sees the show streaming on Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎