No announcement yet.

Episode 1.04: The Wrath of Con

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.04: The Wrath of Con

This is one of my favs of the first season.

This episode is one of the few episodes that really focuses on Veronica and her past. The flashbacks are interwoven throughout the episode as Veronica's memories of Lily are triggered. She begins remembering the past when Troy asks her to homecomming and she remembers her perfect night before Lily's death. This is one of the inconsistencies in Veronica... her real belief that Duncan is the love of her life and that the night of the dance was and will always be the best night of her life.... proof that Veronica is not all that different from the Veronica she once was.

Strangely enough this is also the first episode in which Logan and Veronica show any kindness to one another... Veronica's goodwill gesture of talking to Logan and giving him the video shows not only her ability to forgive him, but it also shows some of their history together. And for the Veronica & Logan fans we do have the interaction in the Limo in which Logan declares he thought she was hot the first time he saw her and the shared look at the Lily Kane Memorial Fountain Dedication.

Slight inconsistency... Logan & Veronica's conversation reveals that Logan first moved to Neptune when he was 12... but later in the season Logan & Duncan talk about being best friends since they were really young (I think they may have even said 6... not sure why I think that).

But most important about this episode is Veronica's closure at the end... her choice to wear the red satan dress and go skinny dipping signifies her acceptance of who she really is, closure on her once upon a time perfect night, and letting go of the girl she once was.

Best Quotes:
    Lilly: Why do you insist on suppressing your hotness? The world is ready for you, Veronica Mars. You don't have to blend in.
    Lilly: Hey, I'm only young once. How many braless years to I have left?
    Wallace: It's not going to work. You can't take the cool outta me. Look -- pocket protector and I'm still full of pimp juice!
    Logan: What part of my ignoring you makes you think you're welcome?
    Wallace: Don't ask me, man. I stopped tryin' to figure her out day one.

was this the episdoe with the outsiders line? I love that line...I loved the flashbacks , I really do , lilly Kane for a dead girl they really rbing out her caracter in the 5 minutes each episode shes shown.

Comment

this is my favorite episode of season one...the lily veronica is priceless...i was talking to some one about why i love Veronica mArs and this was the only episode theyd seen...i was like coinsidense..and talked there ear off about it for 15 mins lol!

Comment

yeah, i like this one too..
        especially cause of the film which logan made about lily.. it's beautiful!

Comment

yeah and the logan veronica intercation is so sweet...its the first episode they ever show any effection to each other.....its a jem!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎