No announcement yet.

New Vid: Relax

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vid: Relax

So I made a new Veronica Mars music video. The song is Relax by Powerman 5000. It's kind of an interesting song, you might not like it, but I kept wanting to use this song for some reason. So here it is!

Download:

Feedback is always appreciated.

Kristin,

Thank you so much for the link. VM is one of my all time favorite shows. In my opinion, it is the best written show on television since Buffy. So I really appreciate it. Onto the feedback...

AWESOME VIDEO

Now to be honest, the song - not one of my favorites. But the lyrics really do fit VM. So even though it was not one of my favorites from a listening standpoint, I loved it with this video because the lyrics and feel of the song fit VM to a tee in my opinion. I have already watched this video three times, and in time I have a feeling the song will grow on me.

There were two things that impressed me about this video.

- The scene selection. Man what awesome choices. You literally got all my favorite VM scenes in this video. Even down to the little ones like Veronica clicking her tongue and pointing at Lamb in the courtroom.

- The pacing. I thought the pacing of this video was excellent. It wasn't too fast, or too slow. It was just the perfect pace to take in all the scenes and move onto the next one.

A few of my favorite parts :

- The opening of the video was outstanding. I really like the fade to blacks here and how you showed Lily's death. It was especially effective showing Duncan shaking and Veronica going over to him. I also really dig the effect you had here, how you brought in a black and white porition of the scene to go along with the color. Looked really cool.

- Really liked how you showed the Kane license plate and then cut to Celeste leaving the Mars office staring back at Veronica. Great sequence of scenes there.

- Really liked the pacing and scene selection from 1:13 starting with the safe until 1:19 with Veronica standing there arms crossed and smiling. It was especially cool how you matched the guitar at times like with Veronica smoothing out the paper, the camera motion of Veronica taking a picture, etc..

- Awesome choice @ 1:32 - 1:34 when you used Veronica's dream from the S2 finale Not Pictured when the lyrics talked about dreams.

- Really liked the sequence of crying scenes @ 2:09-2:11. For some reason both Kristen Bell and Sarah Michelle Gellar both look extremely beautiful when crying.

- One part that really stuck out is when you timed the video on Veronica's computer with her and Lily @ 2:13 and Veronica looked like she was mouthing along with the lyric in the song. That was one of my favorite parts.

- Very cool on how you timed up the switching of the tassel in Veronica's graduation cap with the song @ 2:20.

- Cool scene to end on with Lily and Veronica in the pool.

Overall I don't have a single gripe with this video. The song was right on and is even starting to grow on me a bit, the scenes were all awesome, and as always the editing was great. Definately the best VM video I have seen so far.

Comment

Hey Ryan! Thanks for the awesome feedback. I'm sorry it took so long to respond back to your feedback. But I really appreciate it!

Yeah, VM has become one of my favorite shows. It's awesome.

Haha, yeah, the first time I heard the song it was just ehh.. But for some reason I really wanted to make a video to this song, I guess mainly because the lyrics fit the show. So, I guess the song just kind of grew on me.

Cool, I'm really glad you liked the scene selections. Haha, I love that moment between her and Lamb had to add that bit in there.

Thanks for the compliment on the pace in this video! I worked pretty hard on it to be just right. So thanks.

I'm really glad that you liked the opening part of the video, and the black fades. Yeah, I figured that the scene with Duncan shaking, and Veronica going over to him would be a good scene choice for the slow/dramatic music there. That's awesome that you enjoyed the black and white to the side thing I did.

That's cool that you liked the license plate and then the scene of Celeste and Veronica staring at each other. I don't think I've ever seen those scenes in a video before, and thought that they would fit pretty well, so I'm glad you liked them.

I'm glad you liked the pacing and scene selections that I did at 1:13 - 1:19. It was fun matching up the scenes with the guitar where she's smoothing out the paper, opening the safe, the camera movement, etc. ahh, I love those VM scenes.

Cool, glad you liked the dream part.

Glad you liked the crying scenes. But aww, poor Veronica.. Yeah, I love KB and SMG's acting, so whenever I see those scenes.. It's all saaad.

Haha, I didn't even notice that she was mouthing along with the lyrics until after I finished it. But thanks, glad you liked that part.

Glad you liked how I timed the graduation cap up with the music.

That's cool that you liked the ending pool scene. It's an awesome scene, so I had to add it in there. And I mean, they were relaxing, so it fit well for the whole theme, right?

YAY for no gripes! haha. and yay for the song growing on you. Thanks again for the awesome feedback, sorry I took so long to respond back.
      -Kristen

Comment

hey! i'd really love to see this vid, but the file is not available. could you please update it? i really want to see this vid.

Comment

Try this link: Here

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎