Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did ABC cancel Lois and Clark so suddenly?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
    One reason it was canned is because Michael Eisner said they didn't check with him. That was right after Disney and ABC came together. An agreement had been made that if ABC would carry The Rosie O'Donnell Show Lois and Clark would get season 5. That comes from Superman Vs Hollywood by the way. However Eisner said since they didn't approve it with him due to the merger that agreement wouldn't happen so the plug was pulled. In its place they put The Wonderful World Of Disney which ran for a few seasons. Ironically I do believe Wonderful World Of Disney is where Kristin Kreuk's Snow White movie aired.
    Interesting! I hadn't heard that. I can see that. What I've always heard is that the producers, knowing Superman and Lois would be getting married soon in the comics, decided to do the same on the show. For whatever reasons, though, the wedding was delayed in the comics (I think to include 'The Death of Superman' plot). The show wasn't allowed to have the couple get hitched prior to the comic book wedding, so a bunch of filler episodes were filmed. Fans grew tired of waiting, felt they were being misled, and stopped watching. Bpttom line...falling ratings. At least, that's the tale I've always heard.

Comment

Another reason for cancel that Dean Cain mentioned is that Terri Hatcher was having problems with her pregnancy and ABC wasn't willing to wait until she got better before filming. He mentioned in the interview at 7:00...

Comment

I could see that too but Dean also said on that Superman documentary that he wanted to see them have kids. Since she was pregnant I thought they wouldve just written it in.

Ok just reread the statement above. Didnt know she was having issues with her pregnancy. Reports before were that she was pregnant but never said about she was having problems. I couldve seen them writing it in though had it been just her being pregnant.
        Last edited by Austin 3:16; 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
          I could see that too but Dean also said on that Superman documentary that he wanted to see them have kids. Since she was pregnant I thought they wouldve just written it in.

Ok just reread the statement above. Didnt know she was having issues with her pregnancy. Reports before were that she was pregnant but never said about she was having problems. I couldve seen them writing it in though had it been just her being pregnant.
          They couldn't. Forgot what episode it was. But, in one season 4 episode, Supes goes to Dr. Klein and asks to be tested. And Clark later informs Lois, that he could never have a child, with a human.

Comment

Oh yeah that's right. Been awhile since I've seen that ep. I remember it now though. It was the series finale because they ask Lois's help. The ep called The Family Hour. I think I still have the TV Guide snippet which talked about the episode.
            Last edited by Austin 3:16; 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎