Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman: The New Mythos - Story 2: Heroes Rising

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

When's the next update David?? And I was questioning what was happening to Clark's parents... and what would happen next.. I think.

Comment

yeah david.....where's the update????

Comment

Well... Since today is my birthday... and it is raining outside... I guess I'll just post an update... so look for it sometime today or tiomorrow (depends how long it takes for me to write it up )

Comment

Originally posted by Nemu
          Well... Since today is my birthday... and it is raining outside... I guess I'll just post an update... so look for it sometime today or tiomorrow (depends how long it takes for me to write it up )

that's great David.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAVID... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

I can't wait for an update.. and u should celebrate!! I always celebrate my birthday. Go out! Eat!! But.. please update.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!

Comment

Well here it is... another part... I'll try to write some more and post it tomorrow... I'm slowly getting back in the writing mood...

Thank you all for your birthday wishes...

And now without further ado... Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

~~~~~ Moments later, Unknown location ~~~~~

When Clark opens his eyes he sees what looks like to be the main chamber of the Fortress but everything is tinted with hues of red, purple and black. No signs of his parents or Lana.

“Lana! Lana!” He calls as he walks through the surreal environment. ‘It is the Fortress but what happened to it? And where is Lana?’

‘Lana where are you?’

‘I don’t know Clark. It looks like some kind of small room with walls of stones.’

‘How did you get there?’

‘I don’t know. I woke up a few minutes ago and I was here. But something doesn’t feel right about this place. There is something in the air that is different.’

‘Yeah I don’t think we are on Earth anymore. Now we need to regroup so I’ll try something to locate you.’

‘Hurry up Clark. I have a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach.’

‘Don’t worry Lana, keep your head clear and don’t forget who you are. Let our enemies tremble in fear and once we are together we will show them not to mess with us.’

‘Thanks Clark.’

After this quiet conversation with Lana Clark decides to follow his own advice and keep his head clear and continue to explore the place to figure out where they are. As he enters a room he sees two figures lying on the floor with their backs toward him. Running to the first he sees that it is a woman with blond hairs.

“Miss? Miss?” Clark says softly as he lightly shakes her shoulder.

The woman lets out a groan as she turns to face Clark. “Kal-El? How is it possible for us to share a touch?”

“Lara?? Mother we are no longer on Earth. Something happened to the Fortress and we need to figure out what it is.”

As the two are talking the other figure comes to stand with them and for the first time their family is standing together side by side in the flesh. “Lara, Kal-El. I recognize this place. We are in grave danger. We are deep in the Phantom Zone. Only here have I ever seen this environment. The fact Lara and I are in ‘solid’ form also explains our situation.”

“We have to find Lana. She was taken from here before we woke up. She is being held captive inside a room with stone walls.”

“We will find her my son.” Lara says as she stands up and walks back toward the main chamber of the structure.

Comment

err...... nice

Comment

Awakening in the Phantom Zone, with his parents physically present, must be quite a shock for Clark.

But what of Lana and her own powers? Why is she suddenly so helpless?

I will be waiting for today's update...

Comment

It was short.. but very nice. Where is Lana?? Why can't she get out?? I can't wait for your next update!!

Comment

yea where is lana and why is clark in the phantom zone?????!!!!!!!!!

Comment

hmm interesting anyway PPMS!

Comment

Well after a long absence here is the next part... more to come soon... I was debating with myself on if I should use the Kryptonian font or not... I chose not... at least for now...

So without further ado... Enjoy!!!

------------------------------

For the hundredth time since her talk with Clark, Lana was inspecting every inch of the walls in hope of finding something to help her get away. Hope was fast diminishing as her anguish and despair rise in her. Walking to the center of the room Lana tries to calm down and follow Clark's advice to keep her head clear and to remember who she is. That last one was easy to do. She is Lana Lang of Smallville, but as she thinks about it she becomes aware of her life up to now. First to come was the fairy princess the world saw on the cover of Times, then the popular cheerleader followed by the ever popular manager of the Talon and finally the sophisticated artist in becoming.

Throughout all those phases of her life one thing was constant and that one thing made her smile. In all her life Clark has been close by; as a friend, as a boyfriend, in the good and the bad times. That last revelation also brought to mind the last two years of her life. Things sure moved fast since the second meteor shower; her declaration of her love to Clark, the ship, the training, Nemu, Nemia, the fights and also the rise of Superman and of herself as Silver Storm and finally their wedding. Then as she comes to that conclusion, Clark's words finally make sense. Lana Lang would remain a prisoner there until her knight in shining armor comes to save her, but Silver Storm is another story. The fury and anger rising from the situation Lana concentrates on how best get out of her jail.

Blue flames come to life deep in her eyes reflecting the intense emotions building in her. As she gathers her powers a warning from Nemu comes to her mind 'Always keep your powers under control' and with that Lana clears her mind and grabs the reign of her building storm.

"Now to get out of here. Wait for me Clark; we will be back together soon." Lana launches a bolt of lightning right in the middle of a wall almost destroying it completely. She leaves the room after carefully activating her shields to prevent any surprises that could come from the unknown outside.

~~~ Meanwhile, Fortress main chamber ~~~

Lara is rapidly scanning the area outside the Fortress to try and locate Lana.

"It's no use. I can't locate Lana's power signature but what I can see isn't going to be a good news. Jor-El, I can locate at least 50 of Zod's most powerful supporters and also some of the group that joined with Tyr and you on Krypton."

As she says this Jor-El and Clark comes closer and as they reach her a big purple dot appears on screen quickly followed by a small silver one. The purple dot was surrounded by an army of smaller red ones and the Silver one is in a continuous expansion.

"There!" Clark says pointing to the growing silver. "That is Lana's signature I just know it. She finally came back to her senses. But that army of red and that purple ones make me worry. Who could be that powerful?"

"That my son is the power signature of Tyr-El. This will not be easy. Let's go we have to hurry to reach Lana. Then we will have to find a way to leave this place." Jor-El says and by looking in his eyes Clark can see the urgency of the situation and also some fear for that man that shares their blood.

The three Kryptonians hurry to leave the place and move to Lana's location. On their way they are met by a variety of different creatures and other Kryptonians.

Feeling the fury of Lana's growing powers give Clark a moral boost and his anger at the atrocity of the situation makes him surpass and transcent his Superman personna. As they meet up with the first rank of the army gathered against them Clark is everywhere on the battlefield. From an outsider point of view the extents of the fight could let you presume that two armies were facing each other and not only one man.

Jor-El and Lara adopt a more conservative form of fighting side by side as they used to do when they were together in the past. The duo's efficiency is very good but their son's performance and dance of death overshadow their effort like a tsunami covering a small candle fire. Driven by love and anger, Clark's usual moral debates are put to rest with the deep knowledge that his foes are evil to the core. Using all of his natural powers and never holding himself from using the blessings of the universal powers, Clark shows to all in the Zone that he is the chosen one.

The first real test to come to the House of El in their Odissey through the Phantom Zone comes in the form of Nam-Ek and Aethyr and their close guards. Both Kryptonians are mad with their thirst for vengeance.

"So the House of El decided to come meet their doom on the plains of hell today." Nam-Ek taunts the men.

"Overconfidence can be a deadly trait Nam-Ek!" Jor-El says as he charges the man using the powers of Krypton. The shocking result of their meeting comes close to the clash of titans.

With Kal-El occupied with all the guards surrounding the four other Kryptonians and Jor-El in battle against Nam-Ek, Lara faces the woman.

"So the great Lara decided to come out of hidding at last!" Aethyr says with sarcasm as the two women come close together.

“Never did I hide. You were just unworthy of being in my presence. Today is no different so we will have to remedy to the situation immediately.” Lara says before engaging in combat.

“Oh power of the universal beings, hear my call. Come to my help in my time of need. Protect your child as she fights for her life.”

The Kryptonians in charge with keeping an eye on the prisonner are surprised by the explosion of the wall and once the smoke clears they can see a woman shrouded in silver and blue. For the first time in a long time fear enters them, rooting them to the ground. Unable to defend themselves these poor souls are consumed in a flash of silver lightning.

Comment

thanks for the update nemu....it was very much appreciated.

Nice update...I love the house of el fighting side by side.

And all fear the silver storm....

Comment

Very Nice update Nemu...

I'm sorry I couldn't get here earlier... I've just been extremely busy.. Sorry.

Really like your descriptions and how the story is going. It's becoming really great!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎