No announcement yet.

"Setting Sun" error?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mario masta
    Who cares about when the sun sets? The episode was AWESOME!
    i second that

Comment

"Setting Sun" error?

In the season premier, Jor-El tells Clark that he must return before the sun sets. The fortress of solitude is up in the north pole. Since season 5 kicks off in the fall (the beginning of the fall college semester for the characters), the sun is actually "setting" for days--around September 21, the sun sinks below the horizon, and the North Pole is in twilight until early October, after which it is in full darkness for the Winter.

Clark holds Lana and watches the sun setting in Smallville and it's obvious he makes a choice--zoom back before the sun sets, or tend to Lana (stupid decision since she'll obviously be ok anyway). My point is that the setting sun in the north pole is far different from that in Smallville--in fact, it may not set for quite a few days.

Comment

Wait I don't get it? The sun's setting in the North Pole and it's way diffrent here? Can somebody fill me in here?

Comment

Your Right! the Sunset cycle is diffrent from the NorthPole It's been discussed in a

Previous thread.
          The KryptonSite/KSiteTV forums are a place originally created to discuss the WB/CW series Smallville which expanded to cover all kinds of TV, movies, and more!

My guess Jor-el still had influence in clark during his "lessons". Since it's incomplete it might be the side effect of an incomplete education that's why he lost his powers at sunset.

and another explination that the Caves has the same access to jor-el.

or they have an under standing which sunset Jor-el is talking about in context of Kryptonian Kulture.

Comment

I think the point is that Clark broke his word. Clark sees the sun going down and ignores his promise. Remember Jor-El tells him, Your thoughts are not unknown to me. It's not the time that the sun goes down that matters, it's what in Clark's heart.

Comment

but the sun always shines on tv

Comment

The Fortress is in the Yukon Territory of Canada.

It isn't at the North Pole because people GO to the North Pole. They'd see it.

So it's in the middle of the frozen tundra. You stay in the tundra long enough and you die. That's why no one knows its there.

Even though the government should...

Comment

Did anyone noticed the mistake that was made on the editing of the show?
                  The part where Lana wakes up at Lex's house only to hear Lionel scratching a kryptonian symbol on the floor. The mistake was when Lana was walking down the stairs, the microphone was seen hanging from the ceiling on the stairs.
                  That was a BIG no-no.

Season 7 too in one of the episodes. The editors are getting careless with the editing. The producers are not being aware of the filming they want to keep in for the show.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎