No announcement yet.

Jor-El: Sorcerer or Oracle?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jor-El: Sorcerer or Oracle?

I have this question for all of you to answer. i don't think there is one easy answer so that's why I feel it can be interesting.

I saw someone post that Jor-el is cruel and is the direct cause of the death of Jonathan, that HE set the chain of events that led to Johnathan's death. Personally, I think that Jor-el isn't directly related to these events and that it's truly nature that tried to reach a balance, as he said. So, do you think the "grave consequence" that Jor-El was talking about was his will, or did he knew it was going to happen and told Clark, muck like an oracle?
    Oracle (able to see in the future)
    0%
    Sorcerer (can influence the future)
    0%
    Stupid question. Next!
    0%

I am sure Jor-El is one of the smartest kryptonians, you know if someone is super smart they can use logic to predict the future. I don't think Jor-EL can actually see the future but through science can predict with certainty.

Comment

Why'd you put that last option? That's a brilliant question.

Comment

If Jor-El was truely able to control all that, including who dies and who doesn't, that would make him a god. I think Jor-El doesn't set things in motion, but instead, is able to see things more clearly and unbiased. As he has stated, in everything there is a balance. JK death is just the end result of death finding a balance one Clark went back in time to bring Lana back.

Comment

I don't think he is a god, but he certainly can coerce things to happen. He didn't tell Clark about the grave consequences until after Clark was resurrected, so I think once that happened, someone had to die. It doesn't make sense in real life, but the series of events in the show point to this. The reason Clark died is because he didn't have his powers to protect him from that bullet that Gabriel shot him with. And Jor-El is the one who took away Clark's powers.

So by taking away his powers, it started the chain of events that led to Jonathan's death. But perhaps he took the powers away to teach Clark a lesson. He gave Clark many chances to do something about it, but Clark always blew him off. I think a better way would have been for Jor-El to give Clark an intense headache after taking care of the Kryptonians in Arrival so Clark would be forced to go back to the FOS. I'm not sure it would have worked, but it would have been better than causing the death of his son. I don't like how Clark can have his powers taken away by Jor-El. Why wouldn't he do that back when Clark ran away to Metropolis? Just don't like it. I always thought that he should have told him something like "Since you have started your training, the technology here will drain your powers and they will be totally gone if you do not return by sundown".

My decision is that he is an oracle who has some power to coerce the future when it relates to his son through the FOS, but can not control anything else.

Comment

I think Jor-El should just let Clark live his own life. Can't Clark get a break from all this Father-Son time.

Comment

Originally posted by krewsaider
              I think Jor-El should just let Clark live his own life. Can't Clark get a break from all this Father-Son time.

Can I ask you the same question regarding Lana?When he's worrying about her,he can learn about his kryptonian heritage, he can accept his destiny and that put him in terrible danger just like at the end of the episode...He didn't know what to do so,it was easy for Zod to lock him in PZ.I'm sorry to tell you this but,he's going to be superman not a clown for God's sake.He supposed to spend most of his time talking with his father,learning,accepting his krytonian heritage,discovering new powers not running after the same boring girl.

BTW:If you want to watch only tribulating teenage romances there're plenty shows like that on tv.
              Last edited by Sweetie; 05-29-2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krewsaider
                I doubt they have that much time together. If they did, Clark may not be such a disobedient child.

Comment

sry but i voted stupid question next i don't think it really matters what he is because i don't think smallville will ever tell what he is.

Comment

i think jor-el knows everything that will happen its just that clark chooses not to sit down and listen for a minute about what will happen

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎