No announcement yet.

Kryptonite and Brainiac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kryptonite and Brainiac

Back in season 2 when Clark said that since his ship was kryptonian that it would die by a kryptonian key,which it did, but why can't this Brainiac die. Since Brainiac is an extension of the ship and the ship is kryptonian, he should be affected.

Hmm...don't know. I know Brainiac is different that Clark's ship. Clarks ship couldn't change itself like Brainiac can. It did have the Jor-El AI, but that only appeared twice (in Calling and Exodus). I think the material that allows Brainiac to morph and change its shape to Milton Fine and other vehicles (the truck in Splinter) is probably immune to kryptonite.

Comment

From what I recall about Brainiac, I believe he was more computer-based, than anything, which was why he was so smart. In this case, he's not an actual Kryptonian, so of course, kryptonite would not affect him. I knew it, as soon as I saw Lex go for the rock, it would have no affect on Brainiac. I absolutely loved Brainiac's expression when Lex whipped that rock out. He seemed genuinely impressed that Lex would even figure that much out.

Comment

I can see your point, but ther are differences between Clark's ship and Brainiac's. In the comics Brainiac's ship was very important to him. They've switched things up a bit in Smallville. I think it's different cause Brainiac's ship is actually alive, while Clark's is not. It is the key that is connected to Jor-El, not Clark's ship I believe.

Comment

My theory is that Kryptonian objects aren't affected by kryptonite, but that Clark's ship only died to protect Clark from further kryptonite exposure.

Comment

I think it has to do with Brainiac being black liquid kryptonian metal.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎