No announcement yet.

Superman III (1983)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman III (1983)

Superman gets divided into 2 people:Evil Superman and good Clark Kent thanks to altered Kryptonite.Also,Clark reunites with Lana Lang in Smallville.Superman must fight a super computer created by Gus Gorman,an expert computer hacker.

Starring Cristopher Reeve,Robert Vaungh,Annete O Toole,
    Margot Kidder.Directed by Richard Lester.

Note:The original title of the film was "Superman Vs.Superman".
    There are 2 editions of the film,the expanded and theatrical version.Discuss everything about the movie here.
    Special guest star:Richard Pryor.

Actually not to bad of a film. My roomate had never seen it and thought it was too much of a comedy, which I agree with, but it was an enjoyable film. My roomate is also Italian. There's a scene where Superman flies through Italy and straightens out the leaning tour of piza. An Italian guy yells "Stronzo Superman," which my roomie informed me translates loosely into "**** in your face Superman." ha ha

Comment

Evil Superman was a fascinating character,too bad that we saw so little of him,however I loved the part in which his costume started to change,from bright colors to dark colors.

Plus the fight between Superman and Clark Kent was a bonus!

Comment

S3 was an awesome movie and part of the inspiration for Office Space. I loved how Clark and Superman fought each other in the junkyard. And it was so funny how he straightened the Leaning Tower of Piza.

Comment

Also Gus Gorman was very funny....I love the part in which he gets drunk with Brad and has his giant cowboy hat.

"You think I am drunk too..ha ha!"

Brad was the guy who dated Lana in the first movie....he even had a son son with her!Remember the bowling scene when Clark sneezes and destroys the pines???That was funny!!

Comment

Brad and lana dated in high school but I don't think Brad is the father of Ricky. During the reunion cleanup lana still seems to talk semi fondly of he ex husband. If I'm not mistaked I think Donald was the name of lana's ex.

I always thought Brad was just trying to be a father to Ricky more or less to impress Lana.

Anyway, the evil Superman/Clark fight was the best part of it. I also remember when I first watched it seeing Vera webster trun into that cyborg thing really scared me since I was so little. III was the first Superman movie I saw on video with my dad so for the longest time I thought it was the first one. I was only 2 when III hit the theaters.

Comment

I wasn't the biggest fan of this movie, only because compared to I and II, it just didn't hold up.

Now, I can see that it isn't without it's qualities. Mainly, the Superman vs. Superman scene, and the fact that Christopher Reeve is so good at playing Superman...well actually the fact that Christopher Reeve IS Superman and we get to see him on film again.

Comment

And the movie was done without the magic of CGI...in some scenes you can see the wires holding him!

The best part of the movie was the Superman Vs Clark scene.

It showed of what a wonderful actor Chris Reeve really was!

Comment

I still don't unerstand the split...why were there two Supermen?

Comment

Because of the tar Kryptonite.

Comment

Clark couldnt was split into Evil Superman because Gus Gorman couldnt create 100% Kryptonite so he used tar as the missing element.The result??Green Altered Kryptonite is born,

Comment

Originally posted by Shinzon2004
                        And the movie was done without the magic of CGI...in some scenes you can see the wires holding him!

The best part of the movie was the Superman Vs Clark scene.

It showed of what a wonderful actor Chris Reeve really was!
                        This is actually a mistake by the WB. The DVD transfer was poorly done. I have a VHS copy and you don't see the wires.

Comment

Bad transfer

Originally posted by zonofzod
                          This is actually a mistake by the WB. The DVD transfer was poorly done. I have a VHS copy and you don't see the wires.

I totally agree with you.The official DVD realese of Superman III
                          looked like a direct copy from the original VHS tape of the movie.

I also saw the movie in the Old VHS format,and comparing it with the DVD realese,you dont see the difference.In fact,the picture quality of the DVD looks as old as the VHS copy!

Comment

It will be fixed for the 14 disc special edition.

Comment

I hope so,I bet that we are going to see the expanded edition of the movie as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎