Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Jonathan Kent - All Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was so sad! whem that moment at his funeral scene , i was litrally crying!
    my mums been in a coma for 7 months now, and watching that scene, i thought if i lost her.....

Comment

GOD NO!
      hes soo much better that lana!

Comment

well 4 main things caused Jonathons death

1. clark runs away to metropolis, jor-el gives jonathon the power to bring him back, the power is too much for his body too handle and he gets heart problems
        2. clark fails to return to the fortress in time, jor-el takes his powers, clark dies, jor-el resotres him, tells him the price will be someone he loves dying - turns out it's jonathon
        3. clark asks jor-el to turn back time so that lana can live, so jonathan is the death that replaces hers
        4. lionel and jonathon fight

i think Lionel had the least to do with it tbh... it was an ongoing thing, but was mainly down to Jor-el in the end if you add it up. look back at season 2. if jor-el had not shown up and started ordering Clark around, branding him, making Clark do reckless things to try and escape his hold (like blowing up the ship and causing the death of the baby), then he never would have gone to metropolis and jonathon never would have been given powers to get him back

if jor-el had accepted that the reason his son couldnt return to the fortress on time is because he was fighting kryptonians, he wouldnt have taken his powers away, clark wouldnt have died, and someone else wouldnt have had to die because of his ressurection

i really dislike jor-el right now

Comment

I think the only reason they killed off Jonathan was because he originally died in the comic book. I guess they took his character as far as they could.

Comment

I think he believed Lionel was a danger to Clark ,and he died trying to protect Clarks secret from the world.

Comment

I really hated how they handled Jonathan's death since Lionel turned out to be a good guy, he died for nothing. And almost all the reasons he died were Clark's fault (Some Super son he turned out to be). I would have much rathered the writers screw comic lore (Since they pretty much do it anyway) and have Lana die instead. Jonathan and Martha were the two characters I constantly liked and cared for most and I really wanted Jonathan to stay alive. R.I.P Jonathan David Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by scttlbgh
                Has Clark grown up any since Jonathan's death? It seems to me he hasn't. It's still Lana, Lana, Lana and let trouble come to me so I can deal with it.

BINGO! You hit the spot! It seems Clark has become more idiotic ever since season 5 mainly because he continues to cry over Lana.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎