No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Jonathan Kent - All Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Jonathan Kent - All Discussion

I think that Jonathan was destend to pay for the mistakes of his son? "Rectification does not come without a price. the life of someone close to you will be exchanged for yours." it was clark's concious dissision to put on a red k ring and leave home, and it was also his concious disision to not return to the fortress. Jor-EL warned him of the consequences yet he never listened. So if you think about it clark was responsible for his father's death.

thats just what i think. how about you?

Hold on a second. Jonathon Kent died?

Comment

Nah, I don't think it was his fault.

Comment

he was gonna die anyway. but r.i.p anyway!

Comment

It's Clark's fault because it was Lana who was supposed to die.But,he turned back time to save his girlfriend's life who turned back on him so,Johnathan pay the price .

RIP
          Last edited by Sweetie; 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM.

Comment

IT KINDA IS CLARKS FAULT BECAUSE he wanted to save Lana , and then it all came back cuz he had to pay the conseqences

And Jonathan was gonna die in the series anyway but i was hoping it to be later in the series

R.I.P
            (SENATOR) JONATHAN KENT

Comment

Clark never should have been put in the situation. If he had listened to Jor-El in the first place and gone after the stones at the end of S2 like Jor-El wanted him to, none of this would have happened. Jonathan never would have had a bad heart and never would have died until he was a very old man.

Comment

It was inevitable. He was gonna die, anyway. It was just painful to watch. I have loved John Schneider since he was Bo Duke. I miss him, so. Even though, he was a bit overbearing and overprotective, at times. Why, why, why? Rest in Peace, Mr. Kent.

Comment

i miss him

Comment

Jor-El never explains his intentions clearly, but rather simply gives commands and expects Clark to obey without question. Also, Clark never knew precisely what the consequences of his actions would be. This is why I think that it wasn't Clark's fault that Jonathan died.

By the way, in spite of being over-protective at times, he also knew when to let go, like after Clark was nearly killed by Jeremiah and Jonathan handed him over his jacket and sent him to save Lionel. I think they should've killed Martha and left Jonathan.

Comment

I do believe a laughed a little when he died.

Comment

^^It wasn't just you, Meredith!

Comment

I giggle quite a bit at the memory!

Also Meredith, I must mention, I am very proud of you. You seemed likeable, funny, and personable in that post! Try to convey that in some more posts. Maybe some smilies?

Comment

I think that killing off Johnathan Kent was a mistake by the creatores & writers. I mean can anyone really say that the show is better because Johnathan Kent is no longer in it. His death not only left a void for the continued development of Clark, but it left a void in the Martha Kent character. It just seamed to be an overall bad move.

Comment

They should not have killed him. His death leaves a big hole in the show

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎