No announcement yet.

UK Oponions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Oponions

I have stuck true to my word and mispelled 'opinions' as 'oponions' - we can all thank psycosis for the new game.

Anyway, the Ep hasn't aired yet and I have avoided looking at the threads in this forum just to get in there first .

Let's see how this one pans out.

Bagsy I start UK mewsings next week!
    Just watched the episode but too little time to post properly. All I'll say is WOW!
    I can feel an essay coming on.............

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Dance
      Bagsy I start UK mewsings next week!
      Just watched the episode but too little time to post properly. All I'll say is WOW!
      I can feel an essay coming on.............
      Oh dear....

I think Saw rip-off might be a good place to start but I'll not slate it for that. Clark's look at Lionel - totally hilarious! And we had a wall bursting scene - reminds me of The New Adventures of Superman (we don't call it Lois and Clark here in the UK).

Comment

Originally posted by smids
        I think Saw rip-off might be a good place to start but I'll not slate it for that.
        It was derivative, no doubt about it.

But when the rest of the show is as brilliant as this, it doesn't matter! I thought "Mercy" was SUPERB! Put Welling, Rosenbaum and Glover in a room together and WATCH THEM GO!

I agree, Lex Dance, "WOW" sums it up.

And we had a wall bursting scene ...
        I think it must have been intentionally silly

Comment

I thought this episode was brilliant too. Really dramatic! I was loving all the acting, top notch from everyone. I'm enjoying Clark standing up to Lionel, I wonder what will happen next! There's so much to talk about but I'll just say it was brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by love_sv
            I thought this episode was brilliant too. Really dramatic! I was loving all the acting, top notch from everyone. I'm enjoying Clark standing up to Lionel, I wonder what will happen next! There's so much to talk about but I'll just say it was brilliant!
            I have to agree. It really was a great ep! Was no-one else excited by the wall bursting scene?! - that's what Superman's all about.

Can I ask something silly now... am I the only one who watches it, then watches the repeat at ~1am? Yeah, I've already posted in the 'you know you are obsessed with Smallville when' thread

Comment

no your not I do the same I am totally obsessed so obsesses infact I have just preorded season 5 DVD from Play.com

Comment

Originally posted by Karen26
                no your not I do the same I am totally obsessed so obsesses infact I have just preorded season 5 DVD from Play.com
                Obviously if you watch E4, then E4+1, then E4 repeat @ 1AM, then E4+1 repeat @ 2AM, then you can see it 4 times on Mondays but I've never been THAT obsessed..... no, not me.

I think the finale might get that treatment though.
                Last edited by smids; 05-16-2006, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Re: UK Oponions

Originally posted by smids
                  I have stuck true to my word and mispelled 'opinions' as 'oponions' - we can all thank psycosis for the new game.
                  ARRAH!!! I've created a monster!

What a great ep - wonder if the makers of SAW will use any of the "games"??? I liked the burning floor best!
                  I honestly wasn't expecting anything special from this ep because it was so slated over seas - I was hooked straight away, and was great to see a proper Lionel centric story.

It was funny to see Clark tagging along with Lex - you could just tell he was itching to super-speed away, but couldn't!
                  Another "Chloe to the rescue" though I have to say this time it was slightly more realistic - she seemed to actually be having a hard time cracking the code.

For a moment when Lionel pulled out the gun, it looked like he was considering shooting Martha - that moment was tense!
                  It was strange that Lionel seemed so shocked to see Clark use his strength, I assumed he knew all there was to know about Clark - or is he just surprised that he was right

On the running through the wall; was it just me or did it look like Clark almost tripped over the chunk of wall he knocked over?
                  Bet it will be a goof on the DVD (buying mine the minute it hits the stores) but it was a classic Superman moment - ace!

So Lex secretly knows Clarks secret eah? Well it looks to me he's still as in the dark as he always was - his frustration of realising his dad knows and won't tell him was very telling
                  And what about that blow Lionel gave to Lex;
                  Lionel - "he's [Clark] a son a father could be proud of!" Lex -
                  OACH!!! That HAD to hurt!

And Lionel trying to be a father figure to Clark - how mad did Clark look!!! He was SUPER pissed, GO bad ass Clark!!!

Lionel seems to be very confused - he's definitely having an identity crisis - looks like he's writing down whatever the humming noise was (Jor-el taking over?)
                  After the last couple of average eps' it was good to see a truly great one, looking forward to more of the same!

Comment

I think Lionel was surprised at the extent of Clark's powers. He knew he was strong/fast etc but hadn't really seen anything other than speed from the video clip. He knows from the Kryptonian download he received from the crystal about them, but doesn't know so much the extent. Obviously now he knows that there is a bit more strength than just steel! He just caught it with little effort (although we did see Clark strain slightly but maybe that was his body absorbing the impact so that they wouldn't get hurt).

Comment

So do you reckon Lionel will play it safe for a while to stay outta Clark's way and forget about Martha or will he just waltz into the farm and continue to charm Martha like nothing happened?

It's not like Clark will really hurt him or anything......would he???

Comment

Doubt it means anything really. Clark wouldn't hurt him I don't think - he doesn't have it in him and by the look of that last scene, there is a lot more to Lionel to come.
                        Last edited by smids; 05-16-2006, 08:25 AM.

Comment

This episode was surprisingly good in my opinion.When I heard it was gonna mainly be about Lionel,I was kinda put off.But it turned out to be a surprisingly good episode.What's the deal with Lionel at the end? does he have some sort of problem that I should know of? (sorry but I haven't seen seaons 1-3,if it's mentioned there). It looked like Clark really scared him though.

And smids,I almost do the same as you,I watch it,then watch it again on e4+1 while doing some homework.Then I watch it again on sunday

When Lionel took the the gun off,I thought he was gonna shoot Lionel too,and I was like no you son of a B***h!!

All in all,a really good episode,even if there was no Lois in it

Comment

I think we are all in the dark about the Lionel thing at the end. I have a feeling it goes back to Hidden when he was taken over by Jor-El though. It's happened before..... Maybe because Lionel has failed to establish a relationship of trust with Clark maybe? I mean JK was taken as a balance, so perhaps Jor-El had this in mind but it failed miserably? Just my random ramblings really!

I'm glad I'm not the only one to watch repeats!!! I too thought, you sick b******* when he took out the gun. I saw a different side to Lionel though.

Comment

Re: Re: UK Oponions

Re: same-episode re-run marathons.

I've never watched it twice in a row, skipping from E4 to E4+1. Do tend to tune into the Sunday repeat when I can though, there's always something else that you didn't notice the first time around.

Originally posted by psycosis
                              So Lex secretly knows Clarks secret eah? Well it looks to me he's still as in the dark as he always was - his frustration of realising his dad knows and won't tell him was very telling
                              I thought this one showed Lex's suspicions about Clark even more than in "Hypnotic". The dialogue between Lex and Lionel next to the elevator shaft: "One moment he's standing next to me, the next he's on the other side of town". He's definitely realising that there's something abnormal about Clark.

And I'd agree that he now suspects Lionel knows more than he's letting on. Which probably makes Lex even more resentful towards Clark than before. That said, I thought Lex's "Maybe after this is over" - note the optimism there - "we can find some common ground" was very touching.

Why does everyone think that Clark was "p***ed" at Lionel or "furious" with him at the end?! I didn't interpret it that way at all. There was hatred in his eyes, but I think Clark was completely in control. That's what made it scary - the silence and calmness when Clark threatened that Lionel would regret being saved by him.

Weakest moment of the episode for me: when Clark says "Lionel knows, I don't know how". HELLO?!? Possessed by Jor-El? Busting through glass in Belle Reve? Speeding off to the FoS? From Clark's perspective, that would surely be the most likely explanation for Lionel's discovery.

Strongest moment: the final scene between Clark and Lionel. Because someone finally stood up to Lionel and rattled him, in a way Lincoln Cole couldn't the whole episode.

Smids, psycosis, I'm tempted to disagree that Clark's threat was empty - he really would do Lionel some damage if he thought Martha was put in danger by him. It's very dark, it's very un-Superman-like, but it's also plausible and extremely well written.

Well done to Steven S. DeKnight for taking the MB and making him into a sympathetic, likeable character once again!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎