Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Two Killer - FOR THE RECORD!

I've seen a lot of people talk about things, and mis-interpret things regarding the season finale of Season 2. I want to help clear this up, because it's really bothering me. I hope the moderators can excuse me not posting this in the 2x22 thread, but this needs to be seen.

Beaver was always the killer. Always. When they brought his character in as a recurring character, he was always always the person responsible for the bus crash. You wanna know how I know this? The season 2 arc was layed out before the first season ended. He might not have told UPN who did it, but he knew himself. Shows this tightly plotted are built from the outside in, meaning it was always designed to play out the way it did.

They didn't "make this up as it went along", they didn't decide to create an arc half way through -- he always did it. And Kyle Gallner knew from the beggining of season 2.

Also, the LoVe reunion wasn't meant to be hinted at, it was meant to be confirmed. Somewhere in-between the night all of the commotion happened, and the tuesday that Veronica and Keith were supposed to go to New York, Logan and Veronica got back together. I don't know how you missed out on that concept.

Re: FOR THE RECORD! (Important)

Originally posted by VMBTVSFAN.

Beaver was always the killer. Always. When they brought his character in as a recurring character, he was always always the person responsible for the bus crash. You wanna know how I know this? The season 2 arc was layed out before the first season ended. He might not have told UPN who did it, but he knew himself. Shows this tightly plotted are built from the outside in, meaning it was always designed to play out the way it did.
    OK. I believe you. If something absolutely makes no sense at all, it's because I wasn't paying attention.

So. Who put the explosives in Terrence's locker?

Woodie has access to the explosives, but he doesn't have a reason to frame his star player. He doesn't need to deflect the bus crash inquiry to someone else, because he didn't do it.

Beaver doesn't have a reason, either. No one was looking toward him as the killer. Beaver planted the bomb on Woodie's plane - but that only means that he intends to kill Woodie, not frame him. If he just wanted to destroy Woodie and send him to jail, he wouldn't have killed the busload to begin with.

So - he planted the bomb in Woodie's plane, then left the spare explosives in the locker? Where their discovery would have prompted a search of the hangar with bomb sniffing dogs, and maybe found the bomb on the airplane? Or at least had the police looking at Woodie as the bomber?

I mean, he didn't plant the explosives to frame Terrence. He didn't know Terrence had a motive to bomb the bus, he didn't have anything against Terrence.

There are a lot of technical things that I'll give RT - like, reviewing the So Cal Approach radar tapes to find where Woodie's airplane was heading, the fact that modern CDMA and TDMA phones don't work once you get over about 3000 feet, the battery on the bomb's cell phone running dead after several days. But on one hand we have Beaver the Uuber genius, on the other we have him engaging in utterly random behavior for no reason but to generate red herrings.

Comment

OK. I believe you. If something absolutely makes no sense at all, it's because I wasn't paying attention.

So. Who put the explosives in Terrence's locker?

Woodie has access to the explosives, but he doesn't have a reason to frame his star player. He doesn't need to deflect the bus crash inquiry to someone else, because he didn't do it.

Beaver doesn't have a reason, either. No one was looking toward him as the killer. Beaver planted the bomb on Woodie's plane - but that only means that he intends to kill Woodie, not frame him. If he just wanted to destroy Woodie and send him to jail, he wouldn't have killed the busload to begin with.

So - he planted the bomb in Woodie's plane, then left the spare explosives in the locker? Where their discovery would have prompted a search of the hangar with bomb sniffing dogs, and maybe found the bomb on the airplane? Or at least had the police looking at Woodie as the bomber?

I mean, he didn't plant the explosives to frame Terrence. He didn't know Terrence had a motive to bomb the bus, he didn't have anything against Terrence.

There are a lot of technical things that I'll give RT - like, reviewing the So Cal Approach radar tapes to find where Woodie's airplane was heading, the fact that modern CDMA and TDMA phones don't work once you get over about 3000 feet, the battery on the bomb's cell phone running dead after several days. But on one hand we have Beaver the Uuber genius, on the other we have him engaging in utterly random behavior for no reason but to generate red herrings.
      I didn't say that it was perfectly done, I said that despite any mis-que's or unexplained story-arcs, Beaver was always person who took out the bus.

I know, for a fact, that Rob Thomas presented story-arcs for Season 2 to UPN -- just after they introduced Kyle Gallner (officially) as Beaver in 1x20.

But on one hand we have Beaver the Uuber genius, on the other we have him engaging in utterly random behavior for no reason but to generate red herrings.
      Beaver was smart, but damaged. Living with his brother and father, being molested and his life to that point screwed him up in the head. That's a point they tried to drive home as early as "Normal Is The Watchword".

I never claimed it to be perfect, but I don't think people understand that Beaver was always meant to be the killer. I get the impression some people think it was a slapped together "this fits" angle, and that they wouldn't buy his character as the killer, when the character himself was designed to be said killer.

Comment

i love the great plots its something season three misses

although i do love season three just season 2 is hard to predict compared to season 3

Comment

Originally posted by svolich
          No, he didn't have anything against Terrence - but Terrence was already the prime suspect for the crash. Already judged guilty by most of Neptune (if "Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough" is to be believed). Just feeding that helped him, so he did it, w/e. He was framing Terrence.

My only question is, how'd he get in?

Comment

Originally posted by VMBTVSFAN.
            They didn't "make this up as it went along", they didn't decide to create an arc half way through -- he always did it. And Kyle Gallner knew from the beggining of season 2.
            Actually I know this for a fact to be wrong - Kyle's one of my friends, and he's since told me he didn't know until a few weeks before the finale was shot...

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎