This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beefywellingtom
    best quote of the night...

Lex: You have your father's eyes. ..... Hello Kal-El.
    Yeah, gotta go with this one as my favorite quote, too.
    Though I also liked Chloe's "It's like Y2K on acid" comment when everything went helter-skelter.

Comment

When Lex-Zod said that Clark has his fathers eyes ran chills up my back. The way Michael delivered his lines was very chilling. I have a whoop-whoop to Michael. He made this episode.

And that converstion between Lex and Clark int he barn before Lex was turned into Zod was bone chlling as well. I had that feeling that this Lex really will become a monster one day on his own right. I really really felt for the first time that we were seeing the true Lex Luthor. The Lex Luthor of the Superman legend.

Comment

Originally posted by OutlawAngel
        When Lex-Zod said that Clark has his fathers eyes ran chills up my back. The way Michael delivered his lines was very chilling. I have a whoop-whoop to Michael. He made this episode.

And that converstion between Lex and Clark int he barn before Lex was turned into Zod was bone chlling as well. I had that feeling that this Lex really will become a monster one day on his own right. I really really felt for the first time that we were seeing the true Lex Luthor. The Lex Luthor of the Superman legend.
        I totally agree with what you are saying

Comment

WASN'T THAT GREAT?!?! When he starts taunting Clark about being with Lana... I LOVED IT!

Comment

I couldn't believe it (I know other people have said the same thing....but I just have to agree)

Another good one was Chloe's "I might never see you again." *kiss*

I was shocked, and never would have predicted it for the show (at least this episode) but I thought it worked really well.

Comment

You're absolutely right, outlawangel! That scene reminded me of Onxy, strangely enough, when we saw "Alexander" instead of just Lex. I think Alexander has been unleashed through Zod, and that conversation was just the forerunner.... besides, I think MR enjoys being "bad"!

Comment

Favorite Vessel Quotes

Chloe and Lana

Chloe: Hey! I was beginning to think I was living with a ghost. Not that it would be the first time. Lana, are you all right?

Lana: I'm so scared, Chloe. I knew he was getting in too deep.

Chloe: Who?

Lana: Lex. They took him.

Chloe: Tell me what happened.

Lana: We were in a field, and there was this flash of light, and then Lex was taken.

Chloe: Taken where?

Lana: Into the black ship that I saw in the meteor shower. It's back.

Chloe: Do you think Fine has something to do with this?

Lana: Fine was there. He said that he was preparing Lex. I can't believe I let this happen.

Chloe: Lana, you can't blame yourself.

Lana: It's my fault that he was involved in the first place. Chloe...What if he's dead.

2) Clark and Chloe quotes

Clark: What do you mean taken?

Chloe: I mean ripped from the earth and sucked into the sky. Now his abductor did leave his calling card into the field, and from Lana's description it sounded a lot like Zod's symbol.

Clark: Lionel's drawings warned of Zod coming. Maybe it's actually happening.

Chloe: What is happening? I don't get it. I thought Zod was trapped in that phantom prism other dimension thing.

Clark: That's what I'm worried about. Fine knows I would not release Zod willingly. He's obviously changed strategies.

Chloe: So then Lex is part of plan "B"?

Clark: Which means Lana is stuck right in the middle of this.

Chloe: Look, Clark, I know what you're thinking, and she used to come to you when she was in trouble, but that's all different now. And you know what? That was your choice.

Clark: Chloe, I don't feel like I've made any of the right choices lately. I was so angry at Jor-El, I didn't listen. I didn't listen to any of his warnings.

Chloe: But it seems like every time you turn to Jor-El, something bad happens.

Clark: What if he's just trying to protect me? What if he's just trying to protect all of us?

3) Clark goes to the Fortress of Solitude to talk to his Father, Jor-El.

Jor-El: Hello, my son.

Clark: I had no other choice but to come here.

Jor-El: I know you are still angered by the loss of Jonathan Kent.

Clark: He was my Father.

Jor-El: I am your Father. Pain is part of life, Kal-El, but you can't let it blind you.

Clark: Fine has returned --- to release Zod. What am I supposed to do?

Jor-El: Fine is merely an extension of the craft that can regenerate in any form.

Clark: If Fine is part of the ship, then who's controlling it?

Jor-El: It's not just a ship. It's the brain interactive construct --- an advanced technology who will stop at nothing until its master Zod has been released.

Clark: No, there's got to be some way to stop him!

Jor-El: There is one way. Zod was imprisoned in the phantom zone for crimes that led to the destruction of our planet.

Clark: Zod killed you.

Jor-El: And your Mother and our entire race, just as he will do on earth.

Clark: I won't let that happen!

Jor-El: Zod's physical body was destroyed to prevent him from escaping the phantom zone. He can be freed if he finds a body, a vessel to inhabit. You must find the human vessel and destroy it, no matter who it may be.

4) Lionel and Clark

Lionel: You know, Clark, in certain cultures, when a father presents his son with a gift of a knife, it represents a rite of passage.

Clark: How do you know this is from Jor-El?

Lionel: The glyphs on the blade---they're Kryptonian. What does Jor-El want you to do with the dagger? Clark, I came here to find you. I woke up this morning and I found this. I must have written it in my sleep. Is this another warning from Jor-El? Tell me what it says.

Clark: Sacrifice the vessel.

Lionel: The vessel? I don't understand. Let me help you. Clark, please. You don't have to make this decision alone.

Clark: There's nothing you or anybody can do.

Lionel: Don't underestimate me, son.

Clark: Jor-El wants me to kill...the person who will be the vessel. Zod will possess a human form, to destroy this earth, just as he did Krypton. But I can't kill anyone. You, of all people, should know that.

Lionel: Clark, the real test of a hero is knowing when the greater good will be served by an evil act. To save the earth, the cost of one life is the price that must be paid.

Clark: Even if that life is your son? Lex is the vessel of Zod. He was abducted this morning....out of Mayer's Field.

Lionel: Mayer's Field, you say.

5) Clark and Lionel quotes

Clark: You found Lex.

Lionel: In the field (Mayer's Field). He's not...he's changed.

Clark: What happened to you?

Lionel: Everything Fine has been doing was to prepare Lex. Somehow he now possesses the same powers as you, Clark. You can't begin to imagine what he's going to do with them.

Clark: Why do you say that?

Lionel (sighs): He wasn't raised like you, Clark. I taught him to survive at any cost, to be completely ruthless.

Clark: Maybe that's what will save him. There's still a part of Lex that can fight this.

Lionel: You see that in him because you want to. There's always been a dark force at work inside him.

Clark: I don't want to hurt Lex.

Lionel: If Zod is as evil as you believe him to be, it's easy to understand why he chose Lex to inhabit as his vessel. What about Lana? Someone very close to you; she's a big part of his life right now. Be careful what you decide to do, Clark. Which one are you willing to sacrifice?

6) Clark and Milton Fine

Milton Fine: And to think...her loyalty could have been yours if you'd been honest with her. I'm sure Zod would cherish her allegiance.

Clark: Leave Lana out of this!

Fine: It's your own fault, Kal-el. You were supposed to be the vessel, but your father's spirit was too strong in you. If you'd released Zod the first time, they would have been spared. I'm giving you one more chance.

Clark: Nothing can make me release a monster like Zod.

Fine: Except maybe your one weakness---humans. They're so fragile. They'll never survive without their technology. No matter how crude. Take that away, and they'll devolve back to the animals they really are. And you can't save all of them.

Clark: I'll never do what you want.

Fine: Then it begins now. (Milton Fine zaps Lex's computer and there's a virus affecting all of Smallville, Metropolis, etc.)
                Fine: Enjoy the show.

7) Clark and Lex

Lex: So what did you decide to do, Clark? Are you going to kill me?

Clark: You can't blame me for this, Lex. You did this to yourself.

Lex: Oh, come on, Clark. You love it! Ever since that day on the bridge, you've always seen yourself as my savior. The one thing that would pull me off the dark path I'd started. See, that's why you cling to the idea that there's still some good in me. You don't want to face the fact that you might have failed.

Clark: Or maybe I just can't believe that someone would have so little will power.

Lex: It's a little hard to compete with the iron will power it takes to kill one of your best friends. How did you know I was going to come back like this?

Clark: You don't realize how much danger you're in.

Lex: I used to think you had this---strong inner core. You were so virtuous. And yet you lie all the time---to me, to Lana, to all the people who cared about you. What kind of a sick person would do that?

Clark: If you thought that this friendship was so doomed from the beginning, then why did you fight so hard to keep it?

Lex: Because I wanted everything you had---the family, the inconspicuous life, the loyal girlfriend. Well, at least I walked away with the part you loved the most!

Clark: Lex, you're not yourself.

Lex: Or maybe I finally am. (They fight one another. Clark throws Lex around).

Lex: I knew there was something different about you.

Clark throws a spear inside Milton Fine's chest, instead of Lex's, just to save Lex.

Clark: What have I done?

Milton Fine: You opened a portal for Zod.

Zod's spirit goes inside of Lex's (possessing his body).

Clark: Lex? Lex?

Lex/Zod: You have your father's eyes. Hello Kal-el.

Clark: Where's Lex?

Lex/Zod: Lex is dead.

Clark: Why are you here?

Lex/Zod: For the same reason as anyone who had been imprisoned like a beast---revenge. Your father banished me to an eternal hell, trying to save a doomed race. And in the end the only survivor of this pathetic crusade was his son.

Clark: Then this is between us. These people did nothing to harm you.

Lex/Zod: No, but you feel no pain greater than to see others in agony.

Clark: I won't let you destroy this planet like you did Krypton.

Lex/Zod: You don't have a choice, but to join me.

Clark: I'll never join you.

LexZod: Well, I hope that's a decision you'll be able to live with....forever.

Lex/Zod opens up a Phantom Zone and throws Clark into it. Clark is locked inside it and is stuck in there until the next season.

Clark: Chloe, what's going on? All the streetlights are out.

Chloe: You tell me.

Clark: It has already reached Metropolis.

Chloe: you know where it started?

Clark: Smallville. Fine did something to one of Lex's computers. I thought if anyone could figure out what it was, it would be you.

Chloe: It is some kind of an electric virus, and it's running faster than I could trace it. After it scaled every firewall and knocked down every communication, it's now infecting most of the city's infrastructure.

Clark: It's all because of me. I refused to release Zod. Now Fine's trying to force my hand.

Chloe: Well he's definately playing hardball. I mean elevators, gas mains, subways--the entire city is shutting down. I mean, it's like Y2K is on acid. Clark...if this continues...every major city in the world is going to be infiltrated. (A car comes crashing through the Daily Planet, Clark lifts Chloe up and swings her around to protect her from being hit by the car. Excellent special effects).
                Chloe: Clark, it's no use. You can't save everyone.

Clark: And I can't release Zod.

Chloe: What if Jor-El was right? What if the only way to stop Zod and stop Fine and stop all this is to just destroy that vessel?

Clark: What if something goes wrong? I don't want to leave here.

Chloe: You have to. Clark...I don't know if I am ever going to see you again. (Chloe palnts a big kiss on Clark's lips.
                Last edited by tibbit78; 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM.

Comment

One of my favorite quotes was when Lex said to Clark, "Well, at least I walked away with the one thing you loved the most."

Comment

FAVORITE VESSEL QUOTES:

1) Chloe & Lana:

Chloe: Hey! I was beginning to think I was living with a ghost. Not that it would be the first time. Lana, are you all right?

Lana: I'm so scared, Chloe. I knew he was getting in too deep.

Chloe: Who?

Lana: Lex. They took him.

Chloe: Tell me what happened.

Lana: We were in a field, and there was this flash of light, and then Lex was taken.

Chloe: Taken where?

Lana: Into the black ship that I saw in the meteor shower. It's back.

Chloe: Do you think Fine has something to do with this?

Lana: Fine was there. He said that he was preparing Lex. I can't believe I let this happen.

Chloe: Lana, you can't blame yourself.

Lana: It's my fault that he was involved in the first place. Chloe...What if he's dead.

2) Clark and Chloe quotes

Clark: What do you mean taken?

Chloe: I mean ripped from the earth and sucked into the sky. Now his abductor did leave his calling card into the field, and from Lana's description it sounded a lot like Zod's symbol.

Clark: Lionel's drawings warned of Zod coming. Maybe it's actually happening.

Chloe: What is happening? I don't get it. I thought Zod was trapped in that phantom prism other dimension thing.

Clark: That's what I'm worried about. Fine knows I would not release Zod willingly. He's obviously changed strategies.

Chloe: So then Lex is part of plan "B"?

Clark: Which means Lana is stuck right in the middle of this.

Chloe: Look, Clark, I know what you're thinking, and she used to come to you when she was in trouble, but that's all different now. And you know what? That was your choice.

Clark: Chloe, I don't feel like I've made any of the right choices lately. I was so angry at Jor-El, I didn't listen. I didn't listen to any of his warnings.

Chloe: But it seems like every time you turn to Jor-El, something bad happens.

Clark: What if he's just trying to protect me? What if he's just trying to protect all of us?

3) Clark goes to the Fortress of Solitude to talk to his Father, Jor-El.

Jor-El: Hello, my son.

Clark: I had no other choice but to come here.

Jor-El: I know you are still angered by the loss of Jonathan Kent.

Clark: He was my Father.

Jor-El: I am your Father. Pain is part of life, Kal-El, but you can't let it blind you.

Clark: Fine has returned --- to release Zod. What am I supposed to do?

Jor-El: Fine is merely an extension of the craft that can regenerate in any form.

Clark: If Fine is part of the ship, then who's controlling it?

Jor-El: It's not just a ship. It's the brain interactive construct --- an advanced technology who will stop at nothing until its master Zod has been released.

Clark: No, there's got to be some way to stop him!

Jor-El: There is one way. Zod was imprisoned in the phantom zone for crimes that led to the destruction of our planet.

Clark: Zod killed you.

Jor-El: And your Mother and our entire race, just as he will do on earth.

Clark: I won't let that happen!

Jor-El: Zod's physical body was destroyed to prevent him from escaping the phantom zone. He can be freed if he finds a body, a vessel to inhabit. You must find the human vessel and destroy it, no matter who it may be.

4) Lionel and Clark

Lionel: You know, Clark, in certain cultures, when a father presents his son with a gift of a knife, it represents a rite of passage.

Clark: How do you know this is from Jor-El?

Lionel: The glyphs on the blade---they're Kryptonian. What does Jor-El want you to do with the dagger? Clark, I came here to find you. I woke up this morning and I found this. I must have written it in my sleep. Is this another warning from Jor-El? Tell me what it says.

Clark: Sacrifice the vessel.

Lionel: The vessel? I don't understand. Let me help you. Clark, please. You don't have to make this decision alone.

Clark: There's nothing you or anybody can do.

Lionel: Don't underestimate me, son.

Clark: Jor-El wants me to kill...the person who will be the vessel. Zod will possess a human form, to destroy this earth, just as he did Krypton. But I can't kill anyone. You, of all people, should know that.

Lionel: Clark, the real test of a hero is knowing when the greater good will be served by an evil act. To save the earth, the cost of one life is the price that must be paid.

Clark: Even if that life is your son? Lex is the vessel of Zod. He was abducted this morning....out of Mayer's Field.

Lionel: Mayer's Field, you say.

5) Clark and Lionel quotes

Clark: You found Lex.

Lionel: In the field (Mayer's Field). He's not...he's changed.

Clark: What happened to you?

Lionel: Everything Fine has been doing was to prepare Lex. Somehow he now possesses the same powers as you, Clark. You can't begin to imagine what he's going to do with them.

Clark: Why do you say that?

Lionel (sighs): He wasn't raised like you, Clark. I taught him to survive at any cost, to be completely ruthless.

Clark: Maybe that's what will save him. There's still a part of Lex that can fight this.

Lionel: You see that in him because you want to. There's always been a dark force at work inside him.

Clark: I don't want to hurt Lex.

Lionel: If Zod is as evil as you believe him to be, it's easy to understand why he chose Lex to inhabit as his vessel. What about Lana? Someone very close to you; she's a big part of his life right now. Be careful what you decide to do, Clark. Which one are you willing to sacrifice?

6) Clark and Milton Fine

Milton Fine: And to think...her loyalty could have been yours if you'd been honest with her. I'm sure Zod would cherish her allegiance.

Clark: Leave Lana out of this!

Fine: It's your own fault, Kal-el. You were supposed to be the vessel, but your father's spirit was too strong in you. If you'd released Zod the first time, they would have been spared. I'm giving you one more chance.

Clark: Nothing can make me release a monster like Zod.

Fine: Except maybe your one weakness---humans. They're so fragile. They'll never survive without their technology. No matter how crude. Take that away, and they'll devolve back to the animals they really are. And you can't save all of them.

Clark: I'll never do what you want.

Fine: Then it begins now. (Milton Fine zaps Lex's computer and there's a virus affecting all of Smallville, Metropolis, etc.)
                    Fine: Enjoy the show.

7) Clark and Lex

Lex: So what did you decide to do, Clark? Are you going to kill me?

Clark: You can't blame me for this, Lex. You did this to yourself.

Lex: Oh, come on, Clark. You love it! Ever since that day on the bridge, you've always seen yourself as my savior. The one thing that would pull me off the dark path I'd started. See, that's why you cling to the idea that there's still some good in me. You don't want to face the fact that you might have failed.

Clark: Or maybe I just can't believe that someone would have so little will power.

Lex: It's a little hard to compete with the iron will power it takes to kill one of your best friends. How did you know I was going to come back like this?

Clark: You don't realize how much danger you're in.

Lex: I used to think you had this---strong inner core. You were so virtuous. And yet you lie all the time---to me, to Lana, to all the people who cared about you. What kind of a sick person would do that?

Clark: If you thought that this friendship was so doomed from the beginning, then why did you fight so hard to keep it?

Lex: Because I wanted everything you had---the family, the inconspicuous life, the loyal girlfriend. Well, at least I walked away with the part you loved the most!

Clark: Lex, you're not yourself.

Lex: Or maybe I finally am. (They fight one another. Clark throws Lex around).

Lex: I knew there was something different about you.

Clark throws a spear inside Milton Fine's chest, instead of Lex's, just to save Lex.

Clark: What have I done?

Milton Fine: You opened a portal for Zod.

Zod's spirit goes inside of Lex's (possessing his body).

Clark: Lex? Lex?

Lex/Zod: You have your father's eyes. Hello Kal-el.

Clark: Where's Lex?

Lex/Zod: Lex is dead.

Clark: Why are you here?

Lex/Zod: For the same reason as anyone who had been imprisoned like a beast---revenge. Your father banished me to an eternal hell, trying to save a doomed race. And in the end the only survivor of this pathetic crusade was his son.

Clark: Then this is between us. These people did nothing to harm you.

Lex/Zod: No, but you feel no pain greater than to see others in agony.

Clark: I won't let you destroy this planet like you did Krypton.

Lex/Zod: You don't have a choice, but to join me.

Clark: I'll never join you.

LexZod: Well, I hope that's a decision you'll be able to live with....forever.

Lex/Zod opens up a Phantom Zone and throws Clark into it. Clark is locked inside it and is stuck in there until the next season.

Clark: Chloe, what's going on? All the streetlights are out.

Chloe: You tell me.

Clark: It has already reached Metropolis.

Chloe: you know where it started?

Clark: Smallville. Fine did something to one of Lex's computers. I thought if anyone could figure out what it was, it would be you.

Chloe: It is some kind of an electric virus, and it's running faster than I could trace it. After it scaled every firewall and knocked down every communication, it's now infecting most of the city's infrastructure.

Clark: It's all because of me. I refused to release Zod. Now Fine's trying to force my hand.

Chloe: Well he's definately playing hardball. I mean elevators, gas mains, subways--the entire city is shutting down. I mean, it's like Y2K is on acid. Clark...if this continues...every major city in the world is going to be infiltrated. (A car comes crashing through the Daily Planet, Clark lifts Chloe up and swings her around to protect her from being hit by the car. Excellent special effects).
                    Chloe: Clark, it's no use. You can't save everyone.

Clark: And I can't release Zod.

Chloe: What if Jor-El was right? What if the only way to stop Zod and stop Fine and stop all this is to just destroy that vessel?

Clark: What if something goes wrong? I don't want to leave here.

Chloe: You have to. Clark...I don't know if I am ever going to see you again. (Chloe palnts a big kiss on Clark's lips.

Comment

Milton Fine to Clark: Enjoy the show.

Chloe: It's like Y2K on acid.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍