Episode 12 "The Trickster"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 12 "The Trickster"

Original Airdate: 2/07/91

Three's a crowd! While Barry/The Flash and private investigator Megan Lockhart renew their friendship, a madcap magician who calls himself The Trickster sets out ot hocus-pocus Megan into his own life.

Discuss this episode here.

The more I watch this...the more I think of Tim Burton's 'Batman'.
    From Danny Elfman's music to Mark Hamill's outrageous portrayal
    of the Joker, I mean, the Trickster. At least they knew they got
    something right earlier and brought back the detective lady. I
    can't find myself giving this more than this grade: C+.

Comment

Somehow I get the feeling that the episodes were switched around, because Megan lockheart makes a comment about how Tina formed an all-girl gang... which isn't happening until next ep? talk about continuity error!

Anyway, With Hamil as the Trickster this episode does have a strong Batman vibe... which is both good and bad. It's good because seeing Hamil as the trickster was great campy fun. It was kinda bad because, again, 1990's flash is at it's best when it doesn't do cartoonish plots.. and as an result this episode wasn't one of the best ones ever even if it does have Hamil. Yes, this ep was very enjoyable to watch but you know what I mean.

I was very pleased to see that they brought the character Megan lockheart back... knew she was too good to be just a one-shot character. But I wasn't pleased to find out that they were just going to use her for a one-night stand between her and Flash, and to stir up relationship drama between Barry and Tina.
      I know relationship drama is a strong staple of Superhero shows everywhere, but really?

But at least we did get to see Megan kicking butt at times even if she was put into the damsel in distress role.

This episode wasn't the best one ever, but at least it was enjoyable. I'd rate this 8/10.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎