Episode 9 "Ghost In The Machine"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 9 "Ghost In The Machine"

Original Airdate: 12/13/90

Don't touch that dial! the Ghost controls the airwaves, tapping into video feedsjust as he did backin 1955. Nightshade, a crimefighter from the '50s, resurfaces to fight him - and now he has The Flash on his side.

Discuss this episode here.

The whole "Dr. Evil being deepfreezed and rethalled 30 years later" to
    take control of computers was really retarded, but the old vigilante
    mentoring the young vigilante was cool. It was nice to see Jason
    Bernard from the classic V in this. My grade: C+.

Comment

Every superhero show seems to have the obligatory story where a old superhero from the past shows up to teach the new hero a few things.

Batman had the Grey Ghost, Smallville had the Justice society, and so on forth. Even a older show like the 1990's flash seems to abide by this "rule", as in this ep The flash finds out that there had been a superhero by the name Nightshade who ran around defeating baddies long before he was even born.

Surprisingly enough, this wasn't a terrible epidose like I thought it was going to be... given the show's pattern of good ep, bad ep, good ep, etc. But I guess it was going to be like ep 4 where it broke the pattern by being a fairly okay ep.

Yes, the entire story with The ghost and The nightshade was cheesy as hell, but it was a tolerable kind of cheese. I found myself being entertained despite all the narm they threw out at times. and really, that's all you really ask out of a TV show... to be entertained even if they lay the cheese on rather thick.

I would rate this ep 8/10.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎