Episode 8 "Shroud of Death"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 8 "Shroud of Death"

Original Airdate: 11/29/90

It all fits. Barry puts together bits of metal found at crime scenes and discover they form a neofascist group's medallion. But But will that intel be enough to keep Lt. Garfield from being the group's next target?

Discuss this episode here.

The story was OK. When I watch this show I'm wondering how the actors
    kept a straight face when reading their lines? Maybe, it was the acting was
    just that bad. I haven't decided which is at fault. My grade: D+. I think
    that I'm being generous.

Comment

And so the pattern continues, last ep was bad so therefore this one was great.

Honestly, I'm still convinced that there's a good writer and a bad writer who takes turns writing for this show.... and that they should have fired the bad one.

This story was excellent, and I really liked how they showed Jilco starting to catch on to the fact that Barry might be the flash. And I thought the way Barry deflected Jilco's suspicions at the end was very smooth.
      But I did feel a little disappointed though. I thought that Jilco would had made great secondary support for the flash team, the same way Crisco is in the newer flash series. But I'm sure he'll eventually become one of the Flash team.

I still get a strong "Crisco" vibe from Jilco.

By the way, did I ever say how impressed I am by how realistic the police is in this 1990's series? They stick completely to police lingo, rules, etc and never let up on it even if it might be inconvenient to the plot. I have to say they don't write them this way like they used to. Nowadays, they have cops on TV shows and the like breaking laws and rules all over the damn place because apparently police is above the law so they can do whatever they want.
      I know that makes me sound like a old geezer bemoaning about the old good days, but I tend to believe it's true.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎