Episode 7 "Child's Play"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 7 "Child's Play"

Original Airdate: 11/15/90

A '60s drug icon who faked his own death and went underground aims to reassert himself buy turning the world on to his new, highly addictive designer drug. Bummer, man: that cat called The Flash is in the way.

Discuss this episode here.

Hippie Super Villians and a drug called Blue Paradise. Need I say more?
    I'll go ahead and give it my grade: F. I'll also give my prediction:
    This show won't last more than 1 season/22 episodes. Get my drift?
    Last edited by Glove; 05-16-2010, 12:41 PM. Reason: Misspelling.

Comment

Okay. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Pilot Ep was great! Ep 2 was terrible. ep 3 was good! Ep 4 was so-so, ep 5 is terrible, ep 6 was good....

I'm starting to think that there's basically two writers on this show... one who's good at what they do, and one who's utterly terrible at his job.
      And not only that, but they take turns writing for the TV show. Ep 4 was the only ep so far where they worked together.
      At least, that's my head canon.

But this ep wasn't entirely bad... it had some nice easter eggs in this ep. For instance, in the beginning scenes they had Batman-Superman movies playing at the movie theater, and there was a 1989 batman poster hanging on the outside wall where Barry Allen was walking his dog.
      A nice call out to the other heroes out there.

plus we get to see a young Jonathan Brandis play the role of a homeless kid very well. For those who don't know him, he was in movies and Tv shows like: Sea quest 2023 (tv show), The never-ending story II (movie), The wonder years (tv show), and he was also the voice of Aladdin on the disney's tv show based on the movie.
      Which makes me feel kind of embarrassed that such a good actor was wasted on this terrible ep.

Also, we get to see the flash rock out on a guitar. That was pretty much the highlight of this ep. In fact you can just watch this video clip instead of watching the entire ep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGuXtMiRA4

You can thank me.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎