X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle's Ratings

Hey all,

Got this from MediaWeek.com

The WB, as usual, stood well above last-place UPN with dramas Smallville (Overnights: #5, 3.2/ 5; Viewers: #5, 4.44 million; A18-49: #4, 1.9/ 6), and the season-finale of the compatible Supernatural (Overnights: #5, 2.8/ 4; Viewers: #5, 3.83 million; A18-49: #5, 1.6/ 4). Although nothing has been officially announced, expect Smallville and Supernatural to occupy upcoming The CW’s Thursday line-up next season.
    I think last week's episode had the same ratings as Oracle did. It remained unchanged. It looks like we will definitely have a Season Six. Bring on the Zod! Cannot wait to see the finale.

i would have thought the rating would have been higher that was a kick ass episode. i really hope next weeks episode will do even better. i hope the promote it alot. it may be the start of something huge. 4.44 million people is alot of people.

Comment

Actually last week did better, which isn't saying much since last week did worse then the week before.

That's pretty bad considering Oracle is the second to last episode of the season and it's the opening for the finale.

5 million is the usual finale number for Smallville during the first two episodes and last two episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
        Actually last week did better, which isn't saying much since last week did worse then the week before.

That's pretty bad considering Oracle is the second to last episode of the season and it's the opening for the finale.

5 million is the usual finale number for Smallville during the first two episodes and last two episodes.
        Well they lost a lot of people along the way in the second half of the season and they haven't been able to get those people back.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
          Well they lost a lot of people along the way in the second half of the season and they haven't been able to get those people back.
          They've been losing people ever since Hypnotic.

Odd, because the first episode of the arc usually does the worst because people forget there's a new episode. Yet Hypnotic did better than all the episodes we seen so far in this arc.

I wonder what happened in Hypnotic that set people off and what happened in the rest of these episodes that kept them off.

Maybe I should ask Mr.Owl.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreukie
            They've been losing people ever since Hypnotic.

Odd, because the first episode of the arc usually does the worst because people forget there's a new episode. Yet Hypnotic did better than all the episodes we seen so far in this arc.

I wonder what happened in Hypnotic that set people off and what happened in the rest of these episodes that kept them off.

Maybe I should ask Mr.Owl.
            If you ask me, it's Clana and Lexana along with the copout that was Reckoning, but we won't go there.

Comment

If you ask me, it's Clana and Lexana along with the copout that was Reckoning, but we won't go there.
              Of course not...

Comment

There could be lots of factors we don't really know about -- the long break between new episodes; we need to consider what other things are playing on other networks; etc. As long as WB/CW can sell advertising and make a profit there shouldn't be any problems.

Comment

There was no long break between Hypnotic, Void, Fragile, Mercy, Fade and Oracle.

Comment

Hmm, they break up Clana and the ratings drop. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by EricN68
                      There could be lots of factors we don't really know about -- the long break between new episodes; we need to consider what other things are playing on other networks; etc. As long as WB/CW can sell advertising and make a profit there shouldn't be any problems.
                      Smallville never went up against different competition on Thursdays. They always went up against Survivor. That's the only big show that is on at 8pm. As for the breaks, as Kreukie stated above, there were none after hypnotic. Plus, there were some mythology based episodes thrown in there too, starting with hypnotic and the return of Brainiac. It doesn't make sense why the ratings wouldn't go back up at this point. Zod is coming and no one seems to care anymore. Something ticked them off this season to not return to the show.

Comment

Smallville never went up against different competition on Thursdays. They always went up against Survivor. That's the only big show that is on at 8pm. . It doesn't make sense why the ratings wouldn't go back up at this point. Zod is coming and no one seems to care anymore. Something ticked them off this season to not return to the show.
                        Perhaps...... some are dissappointed in killing off Papa Kent in Reckoning or bad preview of Hypnotic (clark making out) turned off mothers who used to let their kids watch Smallville, no public appearance of cast members to promote last two episodes etc...,

Comment

Ive missed 2 episodes since this arc started. Not because I aint interested just because I have had a busy life lately. Many things could be hurting the ratings.

Comment

smallvil;le has been beating that 70's sow and now we are doing worse? what the hell? that sucks
                            aghhhhhhh damn clana fans!

Comment

I seriously doubt that the low ratings are due to Clana ending. Like some of you have said, the show after "Reckoning" was just not the same, and I think Jonathan dying had a big impact on the show. Also, marketing hasn't been all that good. Hopefully they'll do better on the CW

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎