Collapse
No announcement yet.

"i could snap your neck"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Kingdom Come. Its a great story w/amazing artwork. It mostly revolves around around Superman who has retired after the death of Lois, and the protection of the planet is handed down to the next generation of heroes. Theres also some great Superman/Batman/WWoman stuff.

Comment

K, i ordered "Kingdom Come" off Amazon, woot!
      shirkie

Comment

Re: "i could snap your neck"

Originally posted by MasterVampire
        when brainiac said that to clark when he had him in a hold was that true? because they both have super strength and all, but i thought clark was invincible, how could he do that without kryponite?
        LOL. He's not invulnerable. It appears as such to us since we lack the understanding and technology to do anything to him. I find it funny to think there isn't anything in the universe more powerful than a Kryptonian. As I remember Lobo's race were able to kick kryptonian ass. Fine is of kryptonian design. He has shown he is as strong as a Kryptonian on Earth. Prob more so if you take into account his other abilities. I still say they should have Lobo pay Smallville a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
          Is that "Electric Superman" that "Superman Red/Superman Blue" crap? I never read it but it looked like crap to me. Heh.

I have never read Kingdome Come or any of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" stuff. Any of it any good?
          shirkie
          Crisis was pretty good. I have some issues. I know I have the death of Barry Allen and the death of Supergirl. Now, I think they're doing something called Infinite Crisis and that One Year Later saga. 1992-1993 was the right around the end when I got sick of comics. I just hated all those special covers that started coming out in 1993. The prices went way too high. I loved the first Superman, Action Comics, and Adventures of Superman I got (I think that was the title--this was before the Man of Steel was introduced). It was a story called Dark Knight over Metropolis where Batman & Superman investigate some guy's death. I think the guy was homeless. It's been a while.

I really liked getting back issues of Batman comics. Jason Todd always interested me. And the Joker was a hardcore, evil SOB especially after what he did to Robin II (Jason Todd) & Batgirl. That's why I think the only comics I would read today are the Batman titles. I love this Red Hood story and Todd's return. I stopped collecting right around the breaking of the bat with Bane. I got some of the Hush storyline books from Ebay, but the guy didn't wrap them in sleeve's and just taped them as a bundle causing parts of the issues to tear when I opened them. Argh!!

I don't know if you read any Marvel books, but Spider-Man used to have great issues. I was only 4-5 when the Hobgoblin first appeared so I had to get them as back issues. They had great stories and Spiderman had great battles with the Hobgoblin. Then they brought in the black costume in Amazing Spiderman 252, and another incredible storyline happened. Other good ones:

Death of the Hobgoblin (happened in Spiderman vs. Wolverine)

Hobgoblin's ID revealed (in Amazing #289)

Inferno: Demons arrive on Earth and in 1 issue, the Hobgoblin III makes a deal with them as is partially possessed by a demon which later splits off into the Demonic Hobgoblin

Cosmic Spiderman- Spiderman gets cosmic powers

Gang War- Kingpin leaves town and all the mobsters want to take control

Venom - Spiderman's black costume and a reporter (Eddie Brock) who wrote a story on a killer and exposed him & whose career ended after Spiderman brought in the real killer join up and become one of Spiderman's deadliest enemies (cameos in Amazing 298-299, 1st appearance in Amazing 300)

Kraven's Last Hunt

There are too many. But if you're into Spiderman or would like to try it out, I suggest reading those. What got me hooked was the Saga of the Alien Costume trade paperback.

I just haven't gotten back to comics on a regular basis after the industry screwed up. But when I find an occasional back issue I don't have, I will pick it up.

Comment

The Fallacy here is: it's not like me know the physiology of these fictional Kryptonians...for all we know, yes the writers made Kryptonians look like humans, but we don't know if they would actually die from e.g. a snapped or broken neck. They're not exactly humans. For all we know it could be like the example of a vampire snapping their neck, just a head hanging off its shoulders!

Also, most think that if both have Kryptonian super strength then they are equal regardless. Individual Kryptonians have their own degree of super strength (which is still well beyond superhuman strength) that remains under factors unknown.

In the new Supergirl comics, Supergirl is stronger than Power Girl and claims to break her arms if she wanted to. If this was so, Kryptonians would not remain broken, they would have rapidly regenerated to heal especially under direct yellow sunlight.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎