No announcement yet.

"i could snap your neck"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by christian_kryptonian
    I personally think Brainaic was all talk and that Clark's neck would not have snapped. I thought that was stupid of him to say. It makes no sense. The kid is invincible even to other's strength. Only Kryptonite can hurt/kill him, otherwise Brainiac would have just "snapped his neck" in Solitufde after Clark triggered Zod being released. Makes sense doesn't it?
    I understand what you are saying, but trust me, he is not invincible. He can be killed even without Kryptonite. If he's invincible, then why his enemies try to kill him?
    Besides when he reaches his late 40's he also becomes resistant to Kryptonite radiation. Im not talking nonsense, this is straight from the comic books.

The immortality part. Point well taken from xrayvision and Shirkie. But I think we can have it bothways. I didn't make this up, my source again being the comics, supermanhomepage.com, dcomics.com etc etc.

Comment

Clark can be killed by...

1. Kryptonite
      2. Magic
      3. Being Overpowered with Force

The last one is hard to do and usually takes another Kryptonian (w/ Kryptonian weapons, which Brainiac happens to be) or Doomsday to pull off.

As far as "immortal" Clark can essentially "live" in the Sun for a long period time, like thousands of years, and come out fine and even more strongly powered. I see where you guys are going with that.

He can physically be killed though. I like the way the kid who could see the future (forgot his name, help!?!) put it.

"You're not like others. You don't seem to have an end."

(Scene with his cape waving in space).

Comment

Originally posted by bobser

I like the way the kid who could see the future (forgot his name, help!?!) put it.

"You're not like others. You don't seem to have an end."

(Scene with his cape waving in space).
        3-12 Hereafter. The kid's name was Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyDroid
          3-12 Hereafter. The kid's name was Jordan
          Ahh, you're awesome. Thanks.

Come to think off it wasn't Lex shown in middle of a field with destruction all about him in that same episode?

Comment

Ahh, you're awesome. Thanks.

Come to think off it wasn't Lex shown in middle of a field with destruction all about him in that same episode?

Thanks. The scene with Lex standing in the middle of all those skelletons was in 4-10 Scare.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyDroid

Thanks. The scene with Lex standing in the middle of all those skelletons was in 4-10 Scare.
              It looks like I need to spend some time with DVDs, I'm getting my eps all confused lol.

Is the the same as the one with the old lady who could see someones future by touch?

It seems it could be some relevant foreshadowing.

Comment

It looks like I need to spend some time with DVDs, I'm getting my eps all confused lol.

Is the the same as the one with the old lady who could see someones future by touch?

It seems it could be some relevant foreshadowing.
                Good catch, you know I never thought about this before.

The episode with the old woman is in season 1. I think the episode was Hourglass, but don't take my word on it, because I'm not sure.

If memory serves me well, when the old woman grabbed Clark's hand she saw him standing in the middle of a graveyard surrounded by the graves of everybody he loves. Probably meaning that he will outlive them all.

The old woman and Jordan had the same vision but observed from two opposite standpoints.

Comment

Hourglass is the episode where Cassandra had the vision of Lex, and Scare is the episode where Lex had his own vision of his future...

<scary music> Dah dah DAHHHHHHH!

I love all this talk about Supes in the comics. When I was younger, I was SO into the Death and Return of Superman arc and then the Hunter/Prey arc. I was like 11 when Supes died at Doomsday's hands. My little shirkie heart broke.
                  shirkie

Comment

Originally posted by shirkie
                    Hourglass is the episode where Cassandra had the vision of Lex, and Scare is the episode where Lex had his own vision of his future...

<scary music> Dah dah DAHHHHHHH!

I love all this talk about Supes in the comics. When I was younger, I was SO into the Death and Return of Superman arc and then the Hunter/Prey arc. I was like 11 when Supes died at Doomsday's hands. My little shirkie heart broke.
                    shirkie
                    Actually that's how I started with the comics.

I read in a newspaper Superman is dead. I said WTF???? I bought a couple comicbooks, and since then I'm on the hook

It has every element, you can find in a novel: romance, action, comedy, sadness, cliffhangers... It's truly amazing, really

Comment

Dont forget Superman/Batman, and the new issues. Awsome. Plus there coming out with those prequel issues for the movie.
                      As far as this thread goes, Clark gets stronger as he gets older, just read Kingdom come, at this point in his story hes very weak. And remember everyone electric Superman NEVER HAPPENED!

Comment

Originally posted by jcore0429
                        Dont forget Superman/Batman, and the new issues. Awsome. Plus there coming out with those prequel issues for the movie.
                        As far as this thread goes, Clark gets stronger as he gets older, just read Kingdom come, at this point in his story hes very weak. And remember everyone electric Superman NEVER HAPPENED!
                        Superman/Batman is my favorite along with Trinity. Jeph Loeb is the man

Comment

Is that "Electric Superman" that "Superman Red/Superman Blue" crap? I never read it but it looked like crap to me. Heh.

I have never read Kingdome Come or any of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" stuff. Any of it any good?
                          shirkie

Comment

Is that "Electric Superman" that "Superman Red/Superman Blue" crap? I never read it but it looked like crap to me. Heh.

I have never read Kingdome Come or any of the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" stuff. Any of it any good?
                            shirkie
                            I guess it depends on the taste. It is a slightly different approach to the story introducing the Monitor (good guy)and The Anti-Monitor(bad guy) who were created by the same experiment that created the Multiverse (Earth 1,2,3...). You have Supergirl dying, Flash 2, Green Lantern dying... Basically a lot of deaths. The plot deepens to extent where almost every supervillain joins forces under Brainiac's and Alexander Luthor Jr.'s leadership to conquer all Earths of the Multiverse, then heroes and villains join forces to defeat Anti-Monitor .... The end of the story is pretty predictable, everything goes back to normal, every hero and villain returns to present day reality.

Hope it helps

Comment

shirkie
                              It is pretty good. The CoIE stuff can be a tad confusing but it's basically like FreakyDroid explained.

The aftermath of Alex Luthor, Old school Supes and Lois, and Superboy Prime being tucked away is that you have the setup for the recent Infinite Crisis, in which some shocking DC changes occurred.

I'm bittersweet but it was a fun read too. Also, thanks for the clear-up for my muddled memory on the episodes I had confused.

Comment

I loooooooooooooooooooooved Hunter/Prey. Loved it. Bertram! Kryptonian! Doomsday! Kryptonian! Amazing.
                                shirkie

PS-- Eeps I think we've gone off-topic oh well heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎