Collapse
No announcement yet.

"i could snap your neck"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I'd like to be inclined to say Kryptonians are immortal in any case of twisting their neck with such strength that it wouldn't take their life force away...hmmm...only the creators of Supes would be able to answer that- or make up whatever they want- but I do think that with Braniac being stronger than our underdeveloped Clark that he probably could snap his neck.

[But as I remember...
    In the "Death of Superman" collection from Mike Carlin...Superman was engaged in battle with Doomsday who was seemingly stronger than Superman. The comic ended with a series of punches back and forth until a big ass cataclysmic simultaneous punch to eachother ended with Supes bleeding dead on the ground of Metropolis, and luckily Doomsday killed too. So if you refer to comic mytho, then it is true that with enough damage from a stronger being than yeah he is capable of being killed like a mere mortal.

Comment

about that line

i that fine was made but in his ways both clark and fine are the same they both have the same powers so its true that fine can break his neck if he wants

Comment

that line was lame...it made CK seem like some inferior punk...hes Superman for Pete's sake...yes...Pete from S1-S3

Comment

"Yeah I was a bit confused by that. If you recall in Arival, the two Kryptonians say to Clark "we cannot destroy, but we can put you in a place where you will be unable to stop us." That is a really good point. Clark is supposed to be invincible to everything except for kryptonite and magic. That quote definately did sell Clark short.

Comment

The only way I think Fine can hurt Clark is by stabbing him since he is prone to Kryptonian metal, but then the question is, does liquid metal do the same as what the Starblade did to him? Maybe not.

We saw in Solitude that Clark was stronger than Fine when he was about to be stabbed and instead threw him away into the white crystals. Fine definitely had the leverage position, but Clark was still able to do it. I think if Fine could poke Clark with a sharp object that he can turn his hand into, he would have done it in that scene in Solitude, and would have easily killed him.

Comment

Maybe Brainiac can destroy Clark because he's Kryptonian articificial intelligience, but other kryptonians can't destroy him....

Comment

All I could say is if he could, he would have done it by now. He could have used a gun to blow away Lionel too (he didn't have to touch him).

Comment

Why is everyone so upset with Fine being more powerful than Clark? If Clark was stronger and faster than the villian than where is the drama? Fine/Brainiac is a great season villian, he is smart, evil, powerful, and completely devoted to his cause. I try not to put too much focus on single lines, Fine says it i belive it. And if he couldnt break Clarks neck than who would be scared of him?

Comment

I agree with you. I have no problem w/ Fine being stronger than Clark. The danger Fine poses, though, is not to Clark. It's to Earth's population.

Comment

I think the line was in the vein of a school yard bully. Keep fighting me I'll snap your neck, hes just boasting. He did have the upper hand and he was just rubbing it in.

Comment

I think he was bluffing to keep Clark on his toes. Remember he is Brainiac not the Incredable Kriptonian Hulk... shesh.

Comment

i think he meant that hell go get kryptonite and then snap it? :P

Comment

IF, this was the "real" world of Superman, Braniac/Fine would not be bale to kill Clark without the aid of kryptonite, but alas, this is Smallville, where Clark is but a wet noodle to Kal-el's spicy tomale, so...

Comment

Braniac/Fine could if he was of Kryptonian make. All things Kryptonian relate to other Kryptonian things as normal. And I think that the other Kryptonians couldn't kill him for the same reason that Fine doesn't- they need him for some unexplained reason.

Comment

The reference to Doomsday is very appropriate here. Superman is NOT immortal. Doomsday killed Superman in battle-- Brainiac could definitely do the same. The problem is, as Fine stated, that Fine needs Clark to open the PZ for him and therefore can't kill him yet.
                                shirkie

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎