Collapse
No announcement yet.

No gift from Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was stranged also. Maybe a card or something, but Chloe knows how Clark doesn't like to do the whole birthday thing, so maybe she didn't want to make a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by LovelyLoisLane
      Who are you responding to with the "Not exactly"? I didn't say anything about Clark not liking birthday parties, so I know it wasn't me.
      To savingpeoplething. When I started writing my post, he was the last one who posted. Sorry if you thought I was answering you. I probably should have quoted him, but I didn't expect so many answers to the thread so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime,oburg
        I thought it was stranged also. Maybe a card or something, but Chloe knows how Clark doesn't like to do the whole birthday thing, so maybe she didn't want to make a big deal.
        I'lll agree that birthday present for anyone aren't really a big deal, but I disagree that Clark doesn't like birthdays. He just wasn't used to them before Lana gave him a cake way back in "Calling" What was said in that episode was that Martha and Jonathan never celebrated it because Clark's 'birthday' was just a date they picked out on the adoption records but later she told Lana she thought that they should celebrate it because it was day to celebrate when Clark came into their lives. I hated that because it seemed to make Martha look bad so Lana could be the only one to give Clark anything for his birthday.

This birthday however there was cake and ALOT of present form all three ladies I'm sure. I'm not positive that Chloe didn't give him a gift in hindsight, we just didn't see it. Like we didn't see Lois and Clark giving Chloe the typewriter back in Spell except in a deleted scene that wasn't aired. Nonetheless he enjoyed it, and he enjoyed this one too until he got the card from his father, and that seemed upset him but he didn't show it too badly, which is what I'm sure Chloe meant by telling him he handled it well, given that right after that he said that 'the tickets hit him harder than he imagined"

Originally posted by liana
        To savingpeoplething. When I started writing my post, he was the last one who posted. Sorry if you thought I was answering you. I probably should have quoted him, but I didn't expect so many answers to the thread so quickly.
        No I knew you weren't answering me because my post before that one didn't say anything like that in it. I was just confused as to what comment you were responding to. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Maybe he will get his gift when everyone is sleeping. Maybe he wont. Who knows?

ANyway, I am fine with her not giving a gift but a card would have been settling.

Comment

Actually, there was a whole five minute segment they edited out for time constraints of Chloe giving Clark a gift. It was a hard cut because it's SO important to the show and the plot, actually the whole season for the viewer to see this singular significant event. That ONE moment would have changed the whole course of the past 5 seasons, but they just couldn't fit it in. And what's with them not showing the whole 'girlfriend' conversation between Lois and Lana? That was huge as well.

Comment

then who got clark the gifts that were on the table if chole didnt get him any thing i doubt martha got all thos gifts and i doubt lex and lana would buy him gifts. im referring to the gifts in bags. we see lois gift and then his fathers and there are extra gifts in bags and we dont see what they are or who there from. so im guessing there from his mother and chole. plus i think chloe was kidding about the i o u thing

i didnt mean to make a big deal out of this but i hate it when people say she would never buy him a present or there friendship is beyond gifts. come on if there true friends there gonna buy gifts for each other its just what friends do. and like what i said just becuse you didnt see it dosent mean it didnt happen
              Last edited by milton fine; 05-05-2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Re: No gift from Chloe?

Originally posted by ms.c.
                Did anyone else find it very weird that Chloe didn't give Clark a birthday gift?
                Since when does money matter on the show? They always have the characters own things or do things they couldn't possibly afford. And even if Chloe is cash poor right now, there is no way she wouldn't get him a card or a gift that doesn't cost very much money like a book or a CD.
                I think it was set up so that the diary gift by Lois could be the focus.

I found it odd also that neither Chloe nor Martha gave him anything.

Originally posted by milton fine

i didnt mean to make a big deal out of this but i hate it when people say she would never buy him a present or there friendship is beyond gifts. come on if there true friends there gonna buy gifts for each other its just what friends do. and like what i said just becuse you didnt see it dosent mean it didnt happen
                i agree with your first part that Chloe would have given him a physical gift even if she could cash in her IOUs.

but one thing i've learned from Smallville...if they didn't show it or talk about it, it didn't happen.
                Eg Chloe knows all about where the kryptonites are kept because she either says Clark told her, or she pulls it out of her desk drawer in the DP.

But as many obvious hints as she gives Clark that she knows his secret in Season 4, he never figures it out because we never see that conversation. Seriously, who could think that at the end of S4 "Blank", Clark just walks away saying "What does she mean by saying, I trusted her? Oh well, gotta get back to the farm."

For the record, I also thought Chloe's comment about how well Clark handled the party was about him after he received JK's card/gift. He opened it in front of all of them, that had to be more emotional than being in a surprise bday party.
                Last edited by bluegayle; 05-06-2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Judging by the looks they exchanged, I'd say that Chloe had already given Clark his present ahead of time. A couple of "IOUs?" Hmmm...apparently, she gave it to him twice....

Comment

I honestly didnt think much of it. I thought hey that is weird...but his birthday wasnt even made out to be a big deal.
                    But I think an I.O.U. is pretty lame, no matter who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by TalkinMac
                      But I think an I.O.U. is pretty lame, no matter who you are.
                      Actually, Chloe was tearing up a couple of the IOUs that he owed her, and I thought the scene was kind of cute. She does and does for him all the time, made a little joke to teasingly remind him, and he thanked her sincerely. It seems that gift objects, even as tokens, aren't necessary between them, however symbolic the notion. I take this as another indication of how very close they've become over the course of this season.

Comment

What make you think that she didn't give him anything???She could have give him a gift before Lois's and the cake...By the way,it was the weirdest cake that I ever seen
                        Last edited by Sweetie; 05-09-2006, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I think the reason for Chloe not getting Clark a gift was to make the fact that Lois did buy Clark a gift stand out more. If everyone had got him a gift it would have been no big deal that Lois got him one. It is their way to moving toward Clark and Lois as a couple

Comment

[ It is their way to moving toward Clark and Lois as a couple [/B][/QUOTE]

Blah! I'm not ready for this relatinship to start. Lana has irritated me for 5 seasons lois is not aloud not for a long time yet therefore I repeat Blah!

Comment

Blah! I'm not ready for this relatinship to start. Lana has irritated me for 5 seasons lois is not aloud not for a long time yet therefore I repeat Blah! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree.Lois doesn't know the secret and she's very curious so,she will try to know more and she can't know anything yet.It's not the time.It will be like Clana all over again.

Comment

i think chloe scanning in a million sheets of paper for HOURS on end at the end of the episode was example enough of a gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎