No announcement yet.

No gift from Chloe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milton fine
    geez you guys open your eyes there were more gifts on the table one of them must have been chloes and marthas the only ones we see is lois gift and johnathans so dont just asum chloe didnt give him a gift just becuse they didnt show it
    Ooops -- did we lose some posts? A few people had posted that Chloe was comping some I.O.U.s -- she said herself that she didn't bring a present.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
      Ooops -- did we lose some posts? A few people had posted that Chloe was comping some I.O.U.s -- she said herself that she didn't bring a present.
      I thought I had, but it was another thread I'd posted it in

Comment

It's Chloe...there was no need for a present, because she's always there for him...it didn't really bother me and I loved the way he smiled at her... Clark wouldn't be upset with her for not buying him a gift...not in a million years!! I was delighted with the Chlark in that scene!

Comment

I thought it was unpolite. It's a b-day party. It's not only polite, but respectful to give a person a card. Heck, if money was such a pain she could have gave him an e-card. They are free off of Hallmark's website . Presents should never be about I.O.U. never. It's shows appreciation for that person, and a simple card can do just that. It's not the present/card that counts, but the consideration and thought of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Summers
            I thought it was unpolite. It's a b-day party. It's not only polite, but respectful to give a person a card. Heck, if money was such a pain she could have gave him an e-card. They are free off of Hallmark .
            LOL If I were Clark I would've wanted one of her I can access any computer data system in the world card

Comment

Clark: Chloe ever heard of War Games?

Comment

so true.....

Comment

I wrote about this in another thread, but I'll say something about it here as well.
                  I rewatched "Oracle" and noticed a line I had previously overlooked (probably because I was trying to recover from the absurdity that was the Clark / Lois loft moment)...

Chloe to Clark (as she sits down next to him after Lois leaves):
                  "You handled the whole party thing really well, by the way."

This, from the dialogue, is to remind us that Clark doesn't do birthdays. I remember something about this coming up when Lana brings him the cake in the loft back in Season 2. I'll have to go back and watch that again (could very well be wrong, but I think it's something regarding how he doesn't know exactly what his birthdate is so that's why he doesn't celebrate it), but it now makes sense to me as to why Chloe doesn't get him anything...she knows that he's not up to it.
                  I'd like to think of it this way that Chloe knows Clark so well that she would choose not to participate in something that bothers him.

Comment

ya know you got a really good point there I overlooked that but what you are saying makes complete sense. nice observation

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                      I wrote about this in another thread, but I'll say something about it here as well.
                      I rewatched "Oracle" and noticed a line I had previously overlooked (probably because I was trying to recover from the absurdity that was the Clark / Lois loft moment)...

You make an interesting point. I thought that she was refering to him being surprised, you know because of the whole super hearing thing. But maybe you're right.

Comment

This, from the dialogue, is to remind us that Clark doesn't do birthdays. I remember something about this coming up when Lana brings him the cake in the loft back in Season 2. I'll have to go back and watch that again (could very well be wrong, but I think it's something regarding how he doesn't know exactly what his birthdate is so that's why he doesn't celebrate it), but it now makes sense to me as to why Chloe doesn't get him anything...she knows that he's not up to it.
                        I'd like to think of it this way that Chloe knows Clark so well that she would choose not to participate in something that bothers him.
                        Actually I think she was just referring to Jonathan's card when she mentioned that he'd handled the party well.

Comment

So did I. Since you can he was all fine and well before he read his dad's card.

Comment

Maybe Chloe decorated the cake? I thought it was odd too. I mean how much was Lois' gift, maybe at the most thirty dollars if it was real leather bound. Chloe could have got him a plaid shirt at Wal Mart for like ten bucks, lol.

No but that was weird that she didn't give him a card, with maybe an IOU inside the card. Oh well, I still think it was nice that she even went considering that Clark had only three people at his birthday party. What happened to all those jocks and cheerleaders that he befriended last year? Did they all get killed in the meteorshower or move to the real Kansas? :P

Comment

Hum... Not exactly. He said to Lana his parents never celebrated it because they didn't know when he was born. But he was truly glad about Lana making him a cake. In fact, he was so touched she remembered that Martha told him afterwards she was sorry they never celebrated it before. She explained that they were always so afraid he would be taken away from them. That was more or less the whole birthday issue. So, this was never about Clark not liking birthday parties only that his parents never celebrated it before.

Comment

I disagree. The person that really knows him the best, his Mother, had the party for him in the first place. Are we saying that Chloe is more sensitive to Clark's feelings than his own Mother ? Really given that she brought up the birthday issue way back when so the writers could make Lana look better by being the only one to celebrate his birthday. Clark didn't seem to mind back then either and he didn't this time until he got his Dad's card. I assume that is what she [Chloe] meant by her statement, especially since the writing rarely goes much deeper than the obvious.

I don't think Clark was upset by having a very small party.
                                I don't think Chloe thought Clark was upset by having a very small party and didn't give Clark a gift because she thought he would be upset.
                                I don't think Lois was a jerk for getting Clark a present.
                                I don't think Martha was a jerk for having a small party.

All three ladies probably thought it would cheer him up from his Lana/Lexana blues. I also think Clark may have actually been surprised, because if he had a lot on his mind then he wouldn't be paying attention to things.

Originally posted by liana
                                Hum... Not exactly.
                                Who are you responding to with the "Not exactly"? I didn't say anything about Clark not liking birthday parties, so I know it wasn't me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎